• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Favorite food/restaurant you can't get anymore

PlusThirtyOne

What DOES my username mean...?
it's not around anymore, obviously, but when i was still in school, there was a really good Chinese restaurant in town called Dragon's Gate that made THE BEST kungpao chicken. i've not been to a single other place that prepared it the same way There weren't even veggies in it aside from finely chopped onions; just a fat pile of orgasmic spicy chicken chunks and peanuts. There was SO much chicken! it was seriously like 4 pounds of meat!

For years it was the only thing i ever ordered so all i had to do was sit down and they'd already start preparing it. After about a year of coming in weekly, they stopped giving me a menu.

i really miss that place...

B

backpawscratcher

There's a place in Puerto Vallarta that does the most amazing vegan burritos, really spicy. I lived on them for nearly two weeks in 2016. If only they weren't an 18 hour journey away I'd still be eating them.

PlusThirtyOne

Call me crazy but i miss Trix cereal with actual fruit shapes. Yeah, i know it tastes the same but i used to see how many bananas i could fit on my spoon at once and i'd eat each particular shape one at a time. All the bananas first, then limes, then berries, etc.

Also Berry Berry Kix. i miss that shit! My gums were always a little sore after a bowl but it was worth the pain!

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
Call me crazy but i miss Trix cereal with actual fruit shapes. Yeah, i know it tastes the same but i used to see how many bananas i could fit on my spoon at once and i'd eat each particular shape one at a time. All the bananas first, then limes, then berries, etc.

Also Berry Berry Kix. i miss that shit! My gums were always a little sore after a bowl but it was worth the pain!

This reminds me that some years back, they changed the Honeycombs recipe, and ever since, they are just not the same. Damn, I used to love those. There's a few supermarket 'generic' versions, that come closer to the original Honeycombs I remember, but still...

I think I'm gonna write them and DEMAND they bring back the REAL Honeycombs!

A

aloveablebunny

There used to be this Mediterranean restaurant close by that I ate at when I was younger. I had my first home-made dolmas there. I haven't been to a comparable place since :(

D

Deleted member 111470

There used to be this Irish pub in my town where they made the best noisette potatoes I've ever had, and the beer was delicious too. Unfortunately they closed the place 2 years ago =(

charlesgray

When I was young I lived in the Netherlands for bit due to my mom’s work and there was a place that sold this amazing donuts. I don’t know if it still exists but really want to go back regardless.

Casey Fluffbat

E. Fuscus from the discount section
Those Hershey's chocolate pie things. I never see them anymore but when you're down and sad, you just run to the jiffy store and buy a couple of these. They're sickening but good.

Wollymon

Heya!
Little Caesars took pretzel pizza off of their menu, that was a dark time in histroy

Crimcyan

Chum bucket with the u
Cat, when the local Chinese food place got caught by health inspectors... horrible but true story happened 10+ years ago....

More serious answer is paprika flavored pringles, had those things in Greece and they were the best thing ever, it sucks I can't get them here

Last edited:

Mudman2001

Wolf of Many Talents
OMG, where to begin...Lin Lin's(?) in Houston and the little bakery two doors from them. The best Chinese ever, and not the American stuff either, and the bakery had these pastiery's with hotdogs in them that I always bought. Then there is the FBO at the New Braunfels Airport, the entire breakfast menu was good and the best burgers in town when I was there. Last but not least was the Smothered Stew Meat Burrito's from Leo's in El Paso, big chunks of meat and potato's wrapped in a homemade tortilla covered in there queso.

Kyr

Reeeeeee
Banned
Master Wang Drink.

God i loved that shit. It's proper name is Wang Lao Ji herbal tea but a wonderful case of Engrish at the local Chinese supermarket led to it being labelled proudly as Master Wang Drink. I swear it's the most delicious thing in the known universe, seriously it was liquid heaven. Unfortunately after a while it completely disappeared from the store shelves, asked around and was told it couldn't be imported anymore for some inexplicable reason.

Still, gives me something to stockpile if i ever find myself in mainland China.

scythemouse

Not a computer peripheral
McDonald's Pizza: Was the only personal-sized pizza for a while, and it was good.

Applebee's: Fantastic steaks and milkshakes, none in BC anymore and nowhere else that sells both those things at the same time.

Boston Pizza: They had beef seasoned with taco sauce as a topping on pizza. Whatever the "seasoned ground beef" is seasoned with now, it's not taco flavoring.

Kebechet

Those Hershey's chocolate pie things. I never see them anymore but when you're down and sad, you just run to the jiffy store and buy a couple of these. They're sickening but good.
They might still sell those at burger king... that's where I used to get them.

GarthTheWereWolf

Captious Lycanthrope of Forum Legend
planters-cheez-balls-were-discontinued-in-2006-several-online-petitions-plead-for-their-return.jpg

While cheese balls still exist they just aren't the same as the Planter's ones.

PlusThirtyOne

planters-cheez-balls-were-discontinued-in-2006-several-online-petitions-plead-for-their-return.jpg

While cheese balls still exist they just aren't the same as the Planter's ones.
Those are still made and sold in Japan. Hell if i can remember the brand name but they have a different label over there. They taste EXACTLY the same. Correct me if i'm wrong but they aren't like powdery Cheetos. They have a sweeter, less salty cheddar with a slightly maple-esque syrup coating, yes? They don't coat your fingers with lots of powder because they were often sold in cans with pretzels (and peanuts?) that would pulverize the cheeseballs so they had a slight protective candy coat.

When i was a kid in Japan, my dad got those all the time. When we moved to the states, the closest thing was Planters' balls and we quickly learned they were the same brand. This was the early 90s, by the way. My local weeb food store sells the Japanese labeled balls. Next time i'm there, i'll grab a bag!

HuskyLover101

NemesisPrime92 on FA
Taco Bell, we haven't had one here in almost 15 years, closest one is a 100 miles away so it's rare I ever get to have it but it's probably my favorite fast food place!

Astus

Well Known Foxxo
I was just thinking this the other day.... there was a place by me called Papa Lorenzo's which had the besssst pizza ever (according to my pizza taste) it had a nice slightly crunchy underside with fresh cheeses and slightly robust and slightly sweet sauce all with a nice, soft and fluffy crust and on top of it you got a huge super soft and delicious garlic knot when you ordered in... it was so good but they closed to put in "generic chain pizza place" #1264 >.>

i distinctly remember as a kid there were these little hard candies, they were red and white swirled but didn't taste like mint; they were like...strawberry cream? and they just melted in your mouth. they were so delicious, and it's like they just dropped off the face of the earth cuz i can NOT find a single trace of them even existing, not even online.

AnarchyLynx

A Lynx to the past
Well...the place is still there, but it's changed hands a couple of times and it's just not the same as when I was younger... There's a pub in a village up the road from where I live where me and my family used to go for food once a month or so when I was still in high school. Every time I had to agonise over the steak or the truly fantastic steak and ale pie they did, always with a side of the best onion rings you can imagine and a pint of Black Sheep. For dessert it was usually cheesecake; nothing fancy - just plain vanilla, just the right sweetness, with a dollop of extra thick Channel Island double cream on the side (cream so thick you'd think it were clotted). But alas, it's just not the same place anymore, been bought out and sold on but at least 2 chains now so you won't find anything on the menu that you wouldn't in a few dozen other restaurants.

PastelEthereal

~~~~~☆
Home town buffet. They got shut down cause they didn't mean health standards so I guess it's a good thing of course but it was a huge ass place with literally every food and dessert you can think of, and you help yourself. It was the shit lmao

Telnac

Fundamentalist Heretic
Ginza of Tokyo. Damned good sushi, in the middle of Wisconsin!

You’d think good sushi would be easy to find in California but you’d be wrong! The manager at Ginza told me why: their main cost is the transportation of the fish. It costs as much to trabsport premium fish as crap fish, so no reason not to go premium. In CA the main cost of the fish is the quality of the fish. So... crap fish is what you get. :mad: