• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

favorite games?

Adventure ("You are inside a building, a well house for a large spring.")
Dungeon (Zork)
Rogue (the game I loved to hate)
(Insert various roguelike games here, including Nethack and Angband variants.)
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Suikoden II
Final Fantasy III / VIJ
Metal Gear Solid ("You like role-playing games. You like Konami games!")
Disgaea

I like these games:
Soul Blade
Sonic 2, 3 and Sonic & Knuckles
Tomb Raider
Dark Cloud 2
Alone in the Dark
Silent Hill 3

Wolfie

I forgot to add Shadow of the Colossus to my list. It's such a beautiful game and has one of the greatest soundtracks I have ever heard. ^^

Jirris

I'm FINALLY playing through Eternal Darkness, and that's going on my list. My only gripe is the graphics. They're pretty awful for a Gamecube game. Then again, it did come out less than a year after the system did too.

Wolfie

Jirris said:
I'm FINALLY playing through Eternal Darkness, and that's going on my list. My only gripe is the graphics. They're pretty awful for a Gamecube game. Then again, it did come out less than a year after the system did too.

Eternal Darkness was a pretty ok game. I especially loved the trip out character hallucination sequences. Those were pretty phenomenal. ^^

RTDragon

RTP User
1. Final Fantasy V
2. Breath of Fire 3
3. KNight-Blade -Howling of Kerberos (RPG Maker XP Sample Game)
4. Romancing Saga 3
5. Atelier Iris 2 The Azoth Destiny
6. Arc the Lad Collection
7. Final Fantasy 6
8. Shining Force Ressurection of the Dark Dragon
9. Shining Soul 2
10. Revelations Persona.

If anyone wants to know about theses games just ask.

heh...new fav= prey for 360. got yesterday haven't stopped playing except to work and check messages here. hell yah i'm so glad that i was *cough* sick *cough* yesterday and couldn't go to work cuz i got the last copy at the store. yayness!!! also chromehounds is pretty good despite obvious problems aiming. the targeting reticle in third person view is in the upper right of the screen (it shows a zoomed in view of whatever is directly in front of you).

Silver R. Wolfe

Wuffamute Extraordinaire!
blackdragoon said:
heh...new fav= prey for 360. got yesterday haven't stopped playing except to work and check messages here. hell yah i'm so glad that i was *cough* sick *cough* yesterday and couldn't go to work cuz i got the last copy at the store. yayness!!! also chromehounds is pretty good despite obvious problems aiming. the targeting reticle in third person view is in the upper right of the screen (it shows a zoomed in view of whatever is directly in front of you).

Prey was pretty good, not what people were hyping it up to be though.

silverwolfe said:
Prey was pretty good, not what people were hyping it up to be though.

the only problem i can see is that even though you have basically infinite lives, it still sucks to die as it gets very repetitive and annoying to have to go through the process of reincarnation. wouldn't you agree? also i'm really starting to hate those damn ghost kids!!

Silver R. Wolfe

Just picked up Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth for the PSP and am loving it. It might make my list soon if it pans out well. It's alot more interesting than alot of the RPGs on the system and so far is just a pretty damn outstanding RPG.

Wolfie

The upcoming PS2 game Ikusagami (Demon Chaos in the US) will most likely make my list as well when it's released in September along with Okami. Can't friggin' wait! Yet another game being released starring a wolf as the main hero. It just gets better and better. ^^

Silver R. Wolfe

Wolfie said:
The upcoming PS2 game Ikusagami (Demon Chaos in the US) will most likely make my list as well when it's released in September along with Okami. Can't friggin' wait! Yet another game being released starring a wolf as the main hero. It just gets better and better. ^^

I had no idea about Ikusagami, I hope it turns out well. Thanks for lettin' me know.

Okami is definitely on my list. I was floored by the demo.

Whirlaxis

the Golden Sun series is a great rpg series but its for the gameboy sp, so its a little old

recommended by all means though

Wolfie

Whirlaxis said:
the Golden Sun series is a great rpg series but its for the gameboy sp, so its a little old

Oh definitely. The Golden Sun games are phenomenal RPGs. I love those games. ^^

Silver R. Wolfe

Wolfie said:
Whirlaxis said:

Oh definitely. The Golden Sun games are phenomenal RPGs. I love those games. ^^

They were alright. At the time they really impressed me graphics wise, especially since it was on the GBA.

I didn't like the gameplay though, but I suppose that's just me.

Span_Wolf

My favorite game is a little known cult favorite from an all time classic developer. Monolith Productions you youngins might know from their last two games F.E.A.R. and Condemned which have both quickly become staples of the horror genre. I remember them for games such as No One Lives Forever 1-2, Shogo Mobile Armor Division, Get Midevil, Alien Vs. Predator 1-2, the furry title Captain Claw, and many more.

Now my favorite title from Monolith is a 97 build engine game (engine that powered Duke Nukem 3D and Shadow Warrior) by the name of..

One of the gorriest games I've played to this day and still a personal favorite. It had all the interactivity of a Duke Nukem game, but with a twistedly endearing Lovcraftian/Evil Dead charm. Not to mention some of the best level design I have ever seen.

Well I could honestly wax on about this game for hours, but I think instead of doing that I will just link a nice writeup on it that also includes a download link.
Get bloody
The title is abbandonware now so feel free to download, the only thing you will be missing out on in the compressed download is the cutscenes and the absolutely brilliant CD audio which is replaced with midi.

Detanus

Umm.I'm going to have to go with the Resident Evil series.
Just because of the gorey blood covered zombies and monsters,like the Licker and El Gigante from RE1 and RE4.
http://ww2.capcom.com/ResidentEvil/portal.html

Aikon

Metroid Prime #1 (Go Samus, Go Samus)

Breath of Fire II
Chip N' Dale RR
Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy II (US)
Final Fantasy III (US)
Final Fantasy X (borrowed friend's PS2)
F-Zero: Maximum Velocity
Golden Sun
Golden Sun : Lost Age
Legend of Zelda LTTP
Metroid Fusion
Resident Evil (GCN Remake)
Starfox
Starfox Adventures
Tales of Symphonia

Yeah... that pretty much covers it. No N64 games, I skipped that generation.

Silver R. Wolfe

Aikon said:
Metroid Prime #1 (Go Samus, Go Samus)

Breath of Fire II
Chip N' Dale RR
Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy II (US)
Final Fantasy III (US)
Final Fantasy X (borrowed friend's PS2)
F-Zero: Maximum Velocity
Golden Sun
Golden Sun : Lost Age
Legend of Zelda LTTP
Metroid Fusion
Resident Evil (GCN Remake)
Starfox
Starfox Adventures
Tales of Symphonia

Yeah... that pretty much covers it. No N64 games, I skipped that generation.

I'm guessing you don't like Sony or Microsoft?

Aikon

silverwolfe said:

I'm not a big Sony fan, it's not just their game console I never liked their products. I'd consider buying a 360 if I had money to buy an HDTV and the unit, but time is also a factor... I don't see myself plunking down a lot of it to play games anymore. I'm getting a Wii though, despite the lack of great games on the GCN, because it looks pretty cool and I'm a huge fan of the Metroid Prime series as well as Zelda and Starfox (even Mario).

So, I guess I'm kinda a Nintendo fanboy, but ironically I'm just not that big on games anymore and I'm more familiar with Nintendo's franchises. :)

Silver R. Wolfe

Aikon said:
silverwolfe said:

I'm not a big Sony fan, it's not just their game console I never liked their products. I'd consider buying a 360 if I had money to buy an HDTV and the unit, but time is also a factor... I don't see myself plunking down a lot of it to play games anymore. I'm getting a Wii though, despite the lack of great games on the GCN, because it looks pretty cool and I'm a huge fan of the Metroid Prime series as well as Zelda and Starfox (even Mario).

So, I guess I'm kinda a Nintendo fanboy, but ironically I'm just not that big on games anymore and I'm more familiar with Nintendo's franchises. :)

See, I've always liked the Playstation (not Sony per se) just because they have the most games for their console. It always feels good to be able to have alot of choices. They have some pretty nice franchises of their own too.

The Xbox thus far, and the 360, have been disappointments.. Yeah they have great power, but I'm not satisfied with their libraries.

That was the same problem I had with the Gamecube as well. They had a few good games on the thing, really good games, but overall the selection was pretty weak IMO. The only good games you could count on, typically, were the main Nintendo franchises.

Draco1991

Megaman2
Megaman6
SuperSmashBros. Melee
ResidentEvil 4
God of War!!