• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

favorite games?

Aikon

silverwolfe said:
See, I've always liked the Playstation (not Sony per se) just because they have the most games for their console. It always feels good to be able to have alot of choices. They have some pretty nice franchises of their own too.

Definately, I missed out on a lot of great (and now classic) games from the PSX and PS2 runs. Silent Hill, Devil May Cry, Final Fantasy 7-8-9, The Metal Gear Solid series, etc... if I get back into gaming like I did when I was younger, maybe I'll pick up a PS3 when it's cheaper and I get a HDTV? I know I've thought about it.

silverwolfe said:
The Xbox thus far, and the 360, have been disappointments.. Yeah they have great power, but I'm not satisfied with their libraries.

That was the same problem I had with the Gamecube as well. They had a few good games on the thing, really good games, but overall the selection was pretty weak IMO. The only good games you could count on, typically, were the main Nintendo franchises.

The Cube's run was pretty weak huh? They did have some awesome games, though, but not enough of them IMHO. 360, I have to admit that I don't care for many of the games I've seen so far. But there's a few I want to try, like Kameo, Gothem Project, and Gears of War. There's others too, but I forget the names :p Things were so much easier back when it was just Nintendo and Sega... but competetion is nice too.

Silver R. Wolfe

Wuffamute Extraordinaire!
Aikon said:
The Cube's run was pretty weak huh? They did have some awesome games, though, but not enough of them IMHO.

Exactly. I have thought about picking one up since it's so cheap now, but I might as well wait for the Wii and just have backwards compatablity.

Aikon said:
360, I have to admit that I don't care for many of the games I've seen so far. But there's a few I want to try, like Kameo, Gothem Project, and Gears of War.

Kameo was ick. I've played it and it just wasn't very good. If you like racing games, Project Gotham will make you happy.

Gears of War seems very bland to me at this point. I've seen lots of videos of it in action and it seems like the gameplay would get incredibly repetitive. It looks nice in action though, but graphics aren't much of a selling point to me. Chainsaw bayonets only excite me so much. Other than that it strikes me as a run-of-the-mill third-person shooter.

silverwolfe said:
The Xbox thus far, and the 360, have been disappointments.. Yeah they have great power, but I'm not satisfied with their libraries.

well since i have a 360 i think i deserve a say in the matter. *ahem* the 360 rules. as for the game library give it time. it only just came out a little while ago plus there are tons of games coming out for it next year. so that won't be a problem for too long. i can't wait for bioshock and mass effect to come out next year or fable 2 for that matter....

Silver R. Wolfe

blackdragoon said:
silverwolfe said:

well since i have a 360 i think i deserve a say in the matter. *ahem* the 360 rules. as for the game library give it time. it only just came out a little while ago plus there are tons of games coming out for it next year. so that won't be a problem for too long. i can't wait for bioshock and mass effect to come out next year or fable 2 for that matter....

It's been out for near a year now. And yes, new games are on the way but for the time being (in my eyes) it's just a solid piece of hardware with a skimpy library.

Similar to that of the PSP if you put it in the right perspective.

Silver R. Wolfe

blackdragoon said:
really? i thought it was less than a year. oh well. my point remains valid.

I said almost. It's about eight months old if my memory serves me. You may think that the 360 rules, but I still keep my opinion of it right now until the games it gets show me otherwise.

Zippo

Banned
Banned
Hmm lets see alot to count...

)Prey
)Super Mario Bros 3
)Tetris (NES Version, no emu)
)Oblivion
)Flatout
)Spyro 3 (PSX)
)Destruction Derby 2 (PSX)
)Mariokart 64
)007 Goldeneye
)GTA:SA (AO Rated version, PC or PS2)
)Sonic 2 (sega)
)Mario Allstars (SNES)
)Super Metriod (SNES)
)Q4
)UT2004 (non multiplayer, onslaught)
)BIA - EiB
)Starfox 64
and alot more.. but those are my fav,

[WORST GAMES (positioned by hatred)]

)World of Warcraft (barfs)
)Q3 Arena
)MMorpg or whatever they are called, they suck

Basically I like racers, and 1P games. Sinking hard earned money for games, then going online and being called a noob and get blasted in 10 secs isnt my idea of fun. WoW is stupid anyways. :3

-Z

TORA

Banned
Banned
Played some Sonic 2 (as Tails) last night... Didn't know I was still that good at it!

Aquilla

For me its probably;

-The Ratchet and Clank series (4 would have been better if clank featured more)
-The Sims 2 series (Pets expansion due out in Autumn)
-The Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War series

Theres bound to be more, I just can't remember at the moment.

There was an arcade game too, I can't remember the name at the moment. It involved planes , it was anime. Distinctive features included, the pilot of one plane being a non anthro dolphin, and the special move of one character involved his plane transforming into a giant robot with the pilot's head.
Oh, if only I could remember the name.

Span_Wolf

InvaderPichu said:
Span_Wolf said:

I've wanted to play Blood so bad but it NEVER works when I download it. D:
You need the XP patch. Google it and that should get the game up and running no problem. Blood has been a staple on my PC for a good 10 years now, I need to install it on this new comp I just built.

Silverdragon00

Banned
Banned
favorite games (not in any order)

Pokemon(all of them)
Nascar 06 (can kick damn near anyones ass!)
Grand Theft Auto San Andeas (man that hot coffee mod scandal was annoying :x
kingdom hearts
midnight club 3 dub edition
gran turismo 4

obviously im a racing junkie :roll:

hmmm i like the systems of ps2 & the nintendo 64 & gamecube
i can't think properly D_D;
i love these---
~zelda games..
~ castlevania games
~bloodrayne 1 & 2
~Mace: the dark age
~silent hill games
~ shadow of the collosus
~ICO
~god of war
~ finalfantasy games
~kingdomhearts
~Doom
~mortal kombat
~soul calibur games
~smash brother games
~ dynasty warrior games
~007 goldeneye 64
~ killer instinct games
~ prince of persia games
and thats it D:

Talynn

Hmm...lets see....

- Descent Series
- Mechwarrior Series
- Mechassault
- Metroid Series
- Some Zelda games
- Freespace 2
- HomeWorld
- 007: Goldeneye 64
- UT Series
- WH40k:DoW Series

Yeah, I like alot of Sci-Fi crap.

B

Bradley

-Beatmania IIDX series
-Street Fighter Alpha 3
-Guilty Gear XX Slash

thelonelydragon

Wheeeeee!
-Breath of Fire 3 (PS1)
-Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1)
-Devil may Cry 3 (PS2)
-Diablo 2 (PC)
-Digital Devil Saga series (PS2)
-Final Fantasy VII (PS1)
-Grandia (PS1)
-Kingdom Hearts series (PS2)
-Ratchet and Clank series (PS2)
-Resident Evil 4 (PS2)
-Shadow Hearts: Covenant (PS2)
-Sly Cooper series (PS2)
-Spyro 1 to 3 (PS1)
-Suikoden II (PS1)
-The Longest Journey (PC)

Hunter

am listing this by sistem i have enjoyd over the years and considering how old i am , this is going yo be a long one .
the criterias wher how many quartes eatem, times plays or efford made in finnising it.

Starwars (arcade)
red barron (arcade)
Cadash (arcade)
Darius 2 (arcade)
Klax (arcade)

M.U.L.E (C=64)
legasy of the anchents (C=64)
elite (C=64)
Ultima IV (C=64)
the bard's tale (C=64)
7 citys of gold (C=64)
Pitates (C=64)
The last ninja (C=64)
Spy vs Spy 1,2 and 3 (C=64)
Pool of raniance (C=64)

Dune (amiga)
Dune2 (amiga)
civilization (amiga)
colonization (amiga)
cannon fodder (amiga)
lemmings (amiga)

Shadowrun (genesis)

Tie Fighter (pc)
Full Throttle (pc)
Civilization 2 (pc)
Civilization3 (pc)
Unreal tournamrnt (pc)
Wizardry 8 (pc)
Galactic Civilization (pc)
Tron 2.0 (pc)

-Tetris
-Gyromite
-Wolfenstein 3D
-Bubble Bobble
-Bust-A-Move
-Oregon Trail
-Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee/Exoddus
-Katamari Damashii
-Shadow of the Colossus
-Sims/Sims 2 (I like locking a bunch of kids with a scary clown man, then lighting them on fire. ONLY in these games can you actually put your dreams into fruition!)
-Dawn of War
-World of Wacraft (YEAH SHUT UP)

Honestly, I don't play games as much as I used to, and that makes me sad. =/

TORA

Banned
Banned
(OFF TOPIC: I love youkai-hime's avatar. Hey... you have a full version of that picture?) ROWR.

BingFox

The Bingmeister!
My top five fav. games of all time:

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time for the N64
Skies of Arcadia: Legends for the GC
Morrowind w/Tribunal and Bloodmoon for the PC
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time for the GC
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes for the GC

Jayk_Carson

Halo, driv3r, Doom 3, and Project Gotham.

Project gotham for the intenely awesome visual effects. They actually made the brake pads close when you brake! And the brake discs would turn red from the heat of using them!

Halo for its playability, replayability, graphics and storyline. This includes it's awesome sequel, Halo 2, which was great for it's playability, re-playability, graphics and stoyline. Along with the greatest multiplayer first person shooter ever!

Doom 3 for it's story and awesome visual effects. I just can't get over how great the flashlight looked on the environment. It was just great! The zombies were all really awesome.

Driv3r is the most fun game because of it's cinematic storymode and it's take a drive mode. Making movies with Driv3r is the most fun thing since halo's multi-player. The endless glitches that happen from the game's excellently realistic graphics are always fun. The Grand Theft Auto with better visual effects and smarter AI is just a great thing.

Dragonrider1227

Super Mario Bros. is my end all, be all favorite game series. That said...
I love the Ratchet and Clank series, Psychonauts, and Soul Calibur 3 the most