• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Favorite heavy metal style (if any)?

• Thread starter WolfyAmbassador
  • Start date

Favorite style of metal?

• Traditional heavy

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • Doom

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Speed

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thrash

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Death

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Black

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • Power

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Other/fusions

Votes: 21 38.9%

• Total voters
W

WolfyAmbassador

Didn't even fucking hear about it this whole time but Mark Shelton from Manilla Road passed away weeks ago. Fucking shame, happened with Dio just when I started getting into his music back in 2010 as well.

Judge Spear

I don't know shit from my ass about metal, so I can't name subgenres by ear. But whatever this is, yeah... I like this.

Deathless

ĎĴĔVĔĹĔŃ
I'm into mainly Progressive Metal and classic Heavy Metal!
I like the bands Haken, Metal Allegiance, Sons of Apollo, Slayer, Dream Theater and many more that I can't name right now because there's a lot haha!

DivinePrince

Non-Anthro Artist
I usually just stick to Industrial Metal.

Sometimes I will find songs I like in Symphonic Metal, Folk Metal, Avant Garde, and Black Metal.

JPeccatori1

I greatly adore industrial, I think is what it's called.
Whatever Angelspit and Author & Punisher are, I think they're the absolute best and can't get enough of 'em.

HistoricalyIncorrect

Shekel collector
Carbon steel is my favourite

HistoricalyIncorrect

Shekel collector
I also like brass and copper

MyMonkeyLife

I'm more of a punk/alt rock kind of guy (prefer punk for my heavy stuff).

That being said, I do like some metal like the general heavy (not so aggressive), funk/reggae fusion, glam, hair, even rap stuff is fun. Just last year I finally decided to check out some old music (want to expand my tastes), and explored some stuff.

Motley Crue has some awesome stuff;

My favorite of their's

Although this one is also pretty good

Then there is also Ugly Kid Joe who has some nice tunes.

Another UKJ song

I'd post more, but I think I included enough songs.

Honestly, I'd say metal combined with dubstep and/or drumstep.
Dirtyphonics & Sullivan King - Vantablack [Dubstep]
Varien - Throne of Ravens [Dubstep]
Celldweller - Unshakeable [Drumstep]
Dirtyphonics & Sullivan King - Hammer [Drumstep]

rekcerW

lol they totally ripped off aborted now that i see the actual music video, and this one is super lame just like wtfever one im thinking of from aborted, but motherfucker, there's something about this song that i can't stop listening to it over and over...
i fucking LOVE when bands throw in a big epic melodic chorus, that makes it for me, that one takes the cake, fuck i love it

insomnium does it all the time, though, like all the time

btbam, can't forget them, fucking amazing and famous for it

black dahlia, too, of course
www.youtube.com: The Black Dahlia Murder "Statutory Ape" (OFFICIAL VIDEO)

winds of plague, too
www.youtube.com: Winds of Plague-Angels of Debauchery

just the build-up with heavy chugging and not giving a fuck and then all of the sudden they're playing on scale with a hard as fuck double-kick, fuck i love that, arghh

or when they just break into a fucking super heavy-chug-fest-breakdown FUCK yes
www.youtube.com: As Blood Runs Black "In Dying Days"
www.youtube.com: Winds of Plague-Unbreakable

apparently most of that shit is deathcore according to my former bandmates, and i fucking love it, they do not, aka former lol. i don't know genres very well, there's fucking way to many of them to keep track of or care about. metal is metal.

(i fucking hate disturbed, though, least people are trying to belt out words, not just monkey sounds, ooh-ooh-ah-ah-ah to you to fucking nobody)

Last edited:
O

Okami_No_Heishi

The best metal band of all time was metallica, imo. Ride The Lightning was by far the best metal album of all time! RIP Cliff !!

rekcerW

Idk if u would call this heavy metal, but this is what I like
in flames got me into metal short of slipknot, the quiet place and trigger, always goona <3 em. and dial 595 escape, and bullet ride, and pretty much anything from clayman... they're fucking awesome

edit:
fucking whitechapel
the outro to this mofo was my fav before portrait of a headless man, but you can't beat fkn portrait of a headless man imo, still big time deadly

Last edited:
N

Nonamenoname

Your poll is biased, you didn't include industrial black grindcore metal, thus leaving Anaal Nathrakh with no love!
Also you should have included blackened death metal! Poor Belphegor receives no love!

Last edited by a moderator: