• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Favorite home town dish? (Food discussion.)

FoxWithAName

Still new only older
Handkäs mit Musik--> translates to hand cheese with music, it implies the sound you make after eating hand cheese with a ton of onions. Ether you love it or you hate it. I love it.

Jaredthefox92

Banned
Banned
Cincinnati style chili. It's a topic of debate among chili lovers, because some insist it's not actually chili.

But I love a Cincinnati 5 way - spaghetti, chili, shredded cheese, beans, and onions. With some hot sauce.

I put sour cream in my chili, but we have chili con carne.

Jaredthefox92

Banned
Banned
Now for some Dixie!

Hi-FiWolf95

Metal Misanthrope
Now for some Dixie!

I was born in the most un-Dixie part of Florida.

I would say my fav dishes growing up are very typical comfort food, and sweet tea was my favorite drink.

Jaredthefox92

Banned
Banned
I was born in the most un-Dixie part of Florida.

I would say my fav dishes growing up are very typical comfort food, and sweet tea was my favorite drink.

I eat Mexican dishes when I can, my family makes it Tex-mex style but I'm fine with some Cuban cuisine, they serve it at my college in the cafeteria.

I try to stay away from comfort food, but my family eat it a lot. I drink tea a lot, but not super duper sweet.

D

Deleted member 134556

Our town in Arkansas, Rogers, has a popular bar and grill that sells amazing burgers, one of the most popular is called the "Mr. Willis" which is a BBQ sauce added burger with crisp onions, bacon, Colby Jack cheese and green peppers. I order it every time I go there, and thankfully they never run out.

Hi-FiWolf95

Metal Misanthrope
I eat Mexican dishes when I can, my family makes it Tex-mex style but I'm fine with some Cuban cuisine, they serve it at my college in the cafeteria.

I try to stay away from comfort food, but my family eat it a lot. I drink tea a lot, but not super duper sweet.
I'd say Mexican is on the edge of comfort food, Asian, not so much, or seafood in general.

Jaredthefox92

Banned
Banned
This sounds delicious, I am gonna try this

They are, they're basically sort of like balls of cornbread. They get their name because during the Civil War, Confederate soldiers would feed them to dogs to get them to calm down. Back then rations were tight so we used a lot of fried batter and breadcrumbs and well now it expanded to our local cuisine.

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
Down in Baltimore: Crab-cakes, or a a nice fried oyster sandwich.

Up here in Michigan: Cornish Pasties.

Tacoshark

Defender of the Sacred Nuggs
Hmm, nothing comes to mind about a hometown dish other than deep dish pizza. However, there is a place not to far from where I grew up that makes the best sausage and hot dogs your have ever tasted, with house made coleslaws and sauerkraut

Jaredthefox92

Banned
Banned
Hmm, nothing comes to mind about a hometown dish other than deep dish pizza. However, there is a place not to far from where I grew up that makes the best sausage and hot dogs your have ever tasted, with house made coleslaws and sauerkraut

Ironically, I'm not the biggest fan of coleslaw, my family are. I love love love sauerkraut on my hot dogs though.

Jaredthefox92

Banned
Banned
Whilst I'm in Southern Scotland at the moment, I grew up in Northwestern England.

Fish and Chips is all over the UK but we had a song in Lancashire and all. They made us study it in High School English Language lmao.

In the USA we call the "French fries" instead of chips, even though they have Belgian origin. The USA is crazy like that.