• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Favorite home town dish? (Food discussion.)

Jaredthefox92

Banned
Banned
Fries tend to be thinner too. I've taken to buying them instead of chips at university because you get more in a bag.

Yeah, unless you're actually making them with potatoes from scratch, but generally fries are smaller so you can put more in the container. Also it is pretty obvious when it comes to Mchdonalds why. XD

Pygmepatl

Spotted Skunk
Pozole!

18341803_1877723742501322_7088614997690192350_n.jpg

It's basically a pork broth with hominy or soft boiled corn kernels, with pieces of pork meat and sometimes a little bit of skin. Not only typical of my hometown, as it is consumed all around the country and has many varieties that come from different parts of Mexico, such as white, red and green pozole; we got the white one. You can eat it accompanied with lime, lettuce, cabbage, chopped onion, radish, and can even add some hot chilli oil and side it with some tostadas.

Everyone knows about Russian cuisine, but there are dishes that have appeared in my city - St. Petersburg. One of these dishes is crumpets. This dish is similar to donuts, but completely different and contains a lot of oil. They like to eat with coffee, there are establishments that make donuts. The oldest of them was opened in 1958. The problem is that some dishes are difficult to translate into English, so do your best.

Short recipe: Cooking dough: add 2 cups of water, 2 tablespoons of yeast, 1 teaspoon of sugar to 150 g of flour and mix thoroughly. Cover with cling film and place in a warm place for 20 minutes. Break two eggs into the same mass, add 350 g of flour, 100 g of sugar, add 100 g of margarine and mix well again. Put the resulting dough in a warm place for 2 hours. When the dough rises, it is necessary to mold crumpets from it and fry in vegetable oil. Sprinkle the crumb with icing sugar and enjoy the unearthly taste.

7EB9D423-52F8-4495-9BA3-C1520798C352.jpeg

Guifrog

Blue Frog
Tapioca/beiju rolls, typical Northeastern Brazilian dish. You get the cassava starch, hydrate it, sieve it, add salt and cook it until it forms a nice white dough, which you may fill with butter, cheese, grated coconut or even things like chicken and ham! Depends on your preferences.

Sappho

Canis Centaurus
A fatboy burger from my local bar and grill Fatboy`s

Jaredthefox92

Banned
Banned
Everyone knows about Russian cuisine, but there are dishes that have appeared in my city - St. Petersburg. One of these dishes is crumpets. This dish is similar to donuts, but completely different and contains a lot of oil. They like to eat with coffee, there are establishments that make donuts. The oldest of them was opened in 1958. The problem is that some dishes are difficult to translate into English, so do your best.

Short recipe: Cooking dough: add 2 cups of water, 2 tablespoons of yeast, 1 teaspoon of sugar to 150 g of flour and mix thoroughly. Cover with cling film and place in a warm place for 20 minutes. Break two eggs into the same mass, add 350 g of flour, 100 g of sugar, add 100 g of margarine and mix well again. Put the resulting dough in a warm place for 2 hours. When the dough rises, it is necessary to mold crumpets from it and fry in vegetable oil. Sprinkle the crumb with icing sugar and enjoy the unearthly taste.

View attachment 103852

They look like donuts mixed with funnel cakes.

Jaredthefox92

Banned
Banned
Pozole!

View attachment 103841

It's basically a pork broth with hominy or soft boiled corn kernels, with pieces of pork meat and sometimes a little bit of skin. Not only typical of my hometown, as it is consumed all around the country and has many varieties that come from different parts of Mexico, such as white, red and green pozole; we got the white one. You can eat it accompanied with lime, lettuce, cabbage, chopped onion, radish, and can even add some hot chilli oil and side it with some tostadas.

Huh, I've never heard of that dish. Which part of Mexico are you from?

The_biscuits_532

big anxious kitty

View attachment 103852
Ever done Oladi? My stepmum is South Ossetian so I got a bunch of Russian food growing up. Not sure if it's a southern Russian thing or not tho.

Those are pretty good.

Pygmepatl

Spotted Skunk
Huh, I've never heard of that dish. Which part of Mexico are you from?
The Central Pacific Coast of Mexico, in a state near Jalisco, where Tequila from, and which also has an interesting and unique cuisine of its own.

Tapioca/beiju rolls, typical Northeastern Brazilian dish. You get the cassava starch, hydrate it, sieve it, add salt and cook it until it forms a nice white dough, which you may fill with butter, cheese, grated coconut or even things like chicken and ham! Depends on your preferences.

Somehow I really want to try that just to know what the texture is like.

Jaredthefox92

Banned
Banned
The Central Pacific Coast of Mexico, in a state near Jalisco, where Tequila from, and which also has an interesting and unique cuisine of its own.

Somehow I really want to try that just to know what the texture is like.

Ah, I see. No wonder I've never heard of the dish. I'm used to the foods along the norther border near Texas.