• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Favorite Mythologic Creatures?

Raji

So im new in this forum, what can i say? forums are fun but thats not what i post this thread.
So whats youre favorite mythologic creature(s) of greek, asian, nordics, or anywhere?

Mines are the Chimeras and Cerberus. Theyre cool and cute at the same time. Too bad there not real D: dang it!

E

Epsereth

I like wyverns, obviously ... and Ju-Ons, Harpies, Baba-Yaga. :D

yak

Site Developer
Administrator
Apart from dragons i'd say i adore griffins. There's something majestic about them.

[edit] Баба Яга ?

I like lots of mythological creatures, but to pick a random cool one;

Charybdis.

There's just something to be said for a seamonster that creates a giant whirlpool by opening is enormous maw.

Rhainor

Rawr.
MacroKaiju said:
all you people saying dragons... are you hinting that we don't exist?

No, just that we like dragons, and that dragons have (unfortunately) been relegated to the realm of "mythological creatures" by the general public. Whether the general public is right or not is beside the point.

Icarus

No time like the present.
I'm standing right in front of these people so dragons must exist. :D

But because they're classified as "Mythological" I'll choose DRAGONS, BASALISKS, and HALF-DRAGONS. *f-yeah :D , dragons are mythological so their hybrids must be also*

Raji

Geez, never expect dragons as a main answer. Hope to see differents answers hehe

Dragons and griffins mostly, but I like the idea of the morrigan. Mythological yes, but not really furry-related. Anyone else heard of it?

uncia2000

*fluffs up* ^v^

Nuff said?

=
Morrigan? *nods*. But I had to re-lookup to scope out, Diarmaid. My Irish mythos is not at all strong... :?

R5K

Satyrs. Oh, no, wait... drunken Satyrs. Yeah.

uncia2000 said:
*fluffs up* ^v^

Nuff said?

=
Morrigan? *nods*. But I had to re-lookup to scope out, Diarmaid. My Irish mythos is not at all strong... :?

You took the time to look it up, then? Creepy idea, isn't it? For those who don't know the morrigan was a beautiful red-haired woman on horseback who would appear to an army on the eve of battle and assure them of their victory. Then she would appear to the opposing army and promise the same thing. Distinguishing features? Look closely, and you'll see that her mouth is on one side of her face.

Though I'm not attracted to Dragon/Scalie furries. I would say I love dragons in mythology, movies, and books.

R5K

diarmaidhuthence said:
Dragons and griffins mostly, but I like the idea of the morrigan. Mythological yes, but not really furry-related.
So do creatures once seen as deities count too?
Then scew you, satyrs! I call for Setesh! :lol:

Aikon

grimreaper.gif

The Grim Reaper ownz u