• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Favorite Programming Language

So What Is Your Favorite Programming Language?

• Java

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • C

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • C++

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Javascript

• PHP

• Python

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Kotlin

• Swift

• BASIC/Visual Basic

• C#

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A

Arvid

So what is your Favorite Programming Language?

For me, I definitely love Java. I am also beginning to like C.

Raidiak

Python is easier, but I like C++.

ref: xkcd: Python

real time strategist

"What's an airport, again?"
I mainly use c# in unity, but I am looking to experiment a bit with c++ in unreal 4.

Not related, but while TIbasic is trash, it did help me a ton with learning how to optimize my code, so I have to give it some respect (boy is it buggy as hell, though).

Pomorek

Antelope-Addicted Hyena
Gotta be Python, it's the only one in which I managed to make anything remotely useful (a posing rig import script for 3D).

rekcerW

java is beautiful, the libraries, the integration, the jvm support... it just does what it does the way it's supposed to. you can talk to something completely different and for the most part give no fucks about architecture, the jvm will handle it. if you want to get a handle on objects (no pun intended), java will ensure you do. i love it.

also, i fucking hate javascript, but it does so many things.... seriously, though, fuck js, it's a pain to write in

php sounds like it's goona kick ass when 7.whatever rolls around, i just love type enforcement. i want my objects to be of their type and nothing else. even if it's inferred as it's interpreted, that is what they are and it's stupid to keep checking to make sure that your arguments are what they're supposed to be. overriding methods and shit makes much more sense to me than having one function that has to look through a pile of possible arguments to provide errors in every shit-circumstance. either it's good or it isn't, simple.

give variables a fucking type, interpreted or not, fucking ENFORCE TYPE IN INTERPRETED LANGUAGES FOR FUCK'S SAKE.

Last edited:

Tec

Quantum Guitar String Theorist
Java obviously, but if X-tend was supported in IntelliJ I would use it. I kindof also dig C# as a mature language.

java is beautiful, the libraries, the integration, the jvm support... it just does what it does the way it's supposed to. you can talk to something completely different and for the most part give no fucks about architecture, the jvm will handle it. if you want to get a handle on objects (no pun intended), java will ensure you do. i love it.

also, i fucking hate javascript, but it does so many things.... seriously, though, fuck js, it's a pain to write in

php sounds like it's goona kick ass when 7.whatever rolls around, i just love type enforcement. i want my objects to be of their type and nothing else. even if it's inferred as it's interpreted, that is what they are and it's stupid to keep checking to make sure that your arguments are what they're supposed to be. overriding methods and shit makes much more sense to me than having one function that has to look through a pile of possible arguments to provide errors in every shit-circumstance. either it's good or it isn't, simple.

give variables a fucking type, interpreted or not, fucking ENFORCE TYPE IN INTERPRETED LANGUAGES FOR FUCK'S SAKE.
Yes java is indeed a static typed language, but C# is like you don't need to type the type name - it can be inferred (var keyword for locals), or you can make it dynamically typed like in python (dynamic keyword).

Tec

I guess it is programming his language.

Miles Marsalis

The Last DJ.
What happened to PERL?

Skittlesthehusky

#1 forum dweller, fear me if you see me.
i absolutely love lua! lua is the first programming language i've ever worked with before attempting to work with c, python, and javascript!
i'm not exactly an expert, but it is fun to mess around with.

Sarachaga

Definitely not a lizard
Common Lisp and Python. I'll admit that I'm not as experienced at coding as I'd like ro be though

A

Arvid

i absolutely love lua! lua is the first programming language i've ever worked with before attempting to work with c, python, and javascript!
i'm not exactly an expert, but it is fun to mess around with.
I'm quite interested in Lua at the moment. I am learning C so maybe if I do learn Lua, I can mix that in with a little bit of C.

Tec

Lua requires little to no brain to learn. But if you want OOP in it... it gets somewhat confusing.

Best way to learn some is trough OpenComputers/ComputerCraft mods for mc XD. OC is more difficult-er.

A

Arvid

Lua requires little to no brain to learn. But if you want OOP in it... it gets somewhat confusing.

Best way to learn some is trough OpenComputers/ComputerCraft mods for mc XD. OC is more difficult-er.
I began learning a modified Version of Lua via ROBLOX(oof). It was fun and it was what got me into Programming in the first place. But of course, it wasn't the real one. I might pick up the Programming In Lua: Fourth Edition Book.

For OOP, I have learned Java. I just need to brush up on things like Classes and Generics.

Tec

Have you tried going trough lua.org manual Lua 5.3 Reference Manual - contents ? It pretty much covers most of the stuff.

As for programming in general I am willing to help. I think I wrote enough code to be of use.

Anyone here also Git gut, on Github/alternatives?

A

Arvid

Have you tried going trough lua.org manual Lua 5.3 Reference Manual - contents ? It pretty much covers most of the stuff.

As for programming in general I am willing to help. I think I wrote enough code to be of use.

Anyone here also Git gut, on Github/alternatives?
No, I haven't but I will check it.

I don't really need any help with Programming as I've learned a few Languages to know what I'm doing :3

I do use Github but I don't seem to contribute to any Projects(Not at the moment anyway).