• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Favorite SFW thing you like/liked about college?

aomagrat

I remember browsing through the course catalog, looking for an elective to take when I saw Science Fiction Literature. Awesome class! It was a lot of fun and the classroom discussions were epic!

Troj

Your Friendly Neighborhood Dino Therapist
I took some amazing, life-changing classes with some incredible professors.

I had some fun, educational, eye-opening and life-changing adventures with various on-campus groups and clubs (and I even got quietly disinvited from a cult).

I made friends who are still friends to this day.

My campus had an incredible, lively, caring, inclusive culture, and there was almost always something interesting to do---from the yearly campus drag competition, to the dorm theme competitions, to talent shows, to festivals, to amazing concerts in the jaw-droppingly beautiful concert hall.

The school itself exerted a major influence on the ethical and practical values and principles I hold today.

GO LUTES!

pom_crush

confused but trying
Definitely being part of a community I actually /wanted/ to be a part of - I went to a pretty small art college so knowing I'd recognize all the faces walking around campus and know all the faculty was a really nice experience! Really let me grow into myself as a person ovo

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
Getting a social life.

Ravofox

Arrrrr!!
Drawing club definitely!! As well as an opportunity for me to finally come out of my shell a bit more.

Also getting to learn about the things I was interested in from new angles!!

Kuuro

Hey man, look at me rocking out!
You know, I dreaded it at the time because school was all I knew, but these days I'd kill for the social opportunities. I rarely meet anyone new with similar interests and most of the time it's like a one-chance opportunity because we're both standing in a grocery line or something, and I'm typically too damn shy to ask for information cus I don't wanna sound pushy or creepy.

But a classroom with repeated visits? Easy, you get so many chances. And you're more likely to find someone with shared interests depending on the class. And there are soooo many classes to pick from... plus you get to learn cool stuff, if that's your fancy. I've been wanting to audit courses but dumb covid >:c

I've gone to some BS schools tho and that's not really any help

zenmaldita

always hungry
took animation in college so it was pretty awesome already
but the best part is being surrounded by artists (who are now my lifelong friends) on varying levels and growing together - pushing each other to improve

I've never improved as fast as I did in college, especially now that I found a style that gives me steady income

Nexus Cabler

Strong independent black dragon
Another thing I enjoyed a lot was my zoology class. We learned about protozoa, which I fell in love with. We did a project where we would take water samples from nearby ponds or creeks and view the creatures under a microscope. It was incredible, and I would stay after class for as long as I could and take samples from water jars and look at all the little guys moving around.

Such a beautiful and diverse kingdom.

1610637231717.png

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
There was an amazing arcade, that was open 24 hours just off campus; had a ton of old and newer pinball machines. I miss being able to skateboard over, and play them, especially late at night, when the place was quiet.

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
There was an amazing arcade, that was open 24 hours just off campus; had a ton of old and newer pinball machines. I miss being able to skateboard over, and play them, especially late at night, when the place was quiet.

I agree with the fun, but wow that was the most dated sentence I have ever read! <LOL>

It's like starting a sentence with "After I put on my parachute pants, I put a cassette tape into my Walkman and..."

Hound-of-chulainn

My campus cafeteria did a thing where they made chocolate chip monkeybread, it's like a cross between banana bread and a cinnamon roll that they put in a small dish and you can pull out small pieces at a time with friends. And other one that was the same thing but somehow a pizza instead. I only tried them once, but I remember it more than my classes. xD

Filter

ɹǝʇlᴉℲ
Beautiful campus, interesting classes, friendly professors, pizza with friends, road trips, concerts, LAN parties, and graduation.

Having access to hi-tech scientific equipment. We were doing some really sci-fi shit with it.
I gained access to high tech scientific equipment when I returned years later, albeit to a different school, and never left. Muahaha!

Last edited:

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
Beautiful campus, interesting classes, friendly professors, pizza with friends, road trips, concerts, LAN parties, and graduation.

I gained access to high tech scientific equipment when I returned years later, albeit to a different school, and never left. Muahaha!

I graduated separately to everybody else because I was doing work in the Arctic at the intended time for graduation, so my graduation was weird.