• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Favorite Sports

Gator Joe

Ragin' Cajun Redneck Gator
Sports are a great way to express yourself. The type of sports you like say a lot about your personality. So, what is/are your favorite sport(s)? This isn't limited to stick-and-ball sports. Any type of sport is perfectly acceptable. Just don't go crazy and start saying your favorite athletic activity is standing up from a chair. ;)

You can name your favorite sport(s) and say what you love about it/them and/or embed videos showcasing what makes your favorite sport(s) great.

My favorite sport has always been stock car racing (NASCAR being my favorite league). I grew up watching it on TV and going to races. Nothing excited me more than the thrill of being just feet away from some of the best stock car racers going 190+ mph.

I love stock car racing for its history. Born in the South as a way to test one's machine against another during the days of prohibition and moonshine runnin', stock car racing has grown into America's top form of auto racing. Even with Toyota being involved in NASCAR, stock car racing is perhaps the most American sport we have.

I love stock car racing for its excitement. In all my years of watching NASCAR (and recently ARCA), no year has gone by where I wasn't in awe of a single on-track move by a very talented driver. Perhaps it was Jeff Gordon nearly crashing going 3-wide for the lead in the 1999 Daytona 500 and going on to win his 2nd Great American Race. Or perhaps it was Ricky Craven pinning Kurt Busch against the wall to win the 2003 Carolina Dodge Dealers 400 in one of the closest finishes in NASCAR history. Each year has its own remarkable moments, and NASCAR never ceases to thrill me.

I love NASCAR for the emotion. Most sports have two teams go at it to win each event. When it comes to stock car racing, you have up to 43 different drivers and teams going for the win each weekend. It's no wonder every Sprint Cup Series team has a huge celebration when they win a race, because they beat all other 42 teams. Drivers and teams put a lot of sweat, blood, and tears into their race programs. It's not uncommon to see tempers flare when a driver is wronged on/off the track, and it's certainly not uncommon to see a driver in tears after winning their first or biggest race.

Most of all, I love NASCAR for the fans. NASCAR fans are so loyal and are a great group of people to be around. We are one big family, and are always willing to help each other out. Even if we hate each other's drivers, we can still be the best of friends. Going to NASCAR races is always the best experience for any fan largely in-part because we're with folks who are just as passionate about racing as we are, and we all have a great time together. That's why race day isn't just a day you're at the track, it's a holiday. And when NASCAR's in town, it's a 3-day weekend vacation!

[yt]HSfHkB_Mr3w[/yt]

Aleu

Deuces
The southern, it burns like a god damned fire. UGH.

Archery.

I've been fascinated by it since we learned about the rules in middle school. It wasn't until recently where I could actually participate by playing Archery Tag at this local place four just $5.

I prefer archery over something like guns because
1. I don't like gunfire
2. I give it more respect as it requires more skill
3. come on it just looks so badass.

Dreaming

I ain't really a fan of sports, but I kinda like baseball... sucks for me, because it's nowhere near as popular over here

Sioras F. Nightfire

Certified psychopath
For me, my #1 sport has always been hockey. So much skill involved and so dynamic, especially during the Stanley Cup Playoffs. My life pretty much shuts down from April-June.

chocomage

The sports I would love to do most are archery, fencing and freerunning. However no one around my area does any of those and I lack the motivation to learn them solo. So the sports I do participate in are darts, pool and shuffleboard. Very rarely I play beer pong.

I am terrible at spectator sports. The one I follow most is American football and that is usually only post season.

Mr. Sparta

Scale Face
The only sport I didn't suck at was compeditive swimming. I hated the swim team when my parents made me do it every summer. But in turn I can swim like a god of the sea. Recreational swimming would be my choice.
<----also explains why I'm this guy

TobyDingo

Pasties, Cider, Surfing.
Snowboarding, Surfing, Skating.
Because 2extreme4u.

BouncyOtter

I love a lot of sports. I've probably watched the most football, basketball, and soccer, but Houston sports are just so painful to cheer for.

I guess I have to still say my favorite sport is swimming, although I haven't truly done any swimming in like 2 years now, which is really sad. I swam competitively for nearly 20 years, so it was a major part of life. I still love the water, but I find it hard to get the motivation to go to a pool (although I have access to one of the best pools in the country, at least in my opinion) and just swim laps. I inevitably realize how quickly I tire and how freakishly slow I am now. Hard days of practice could be 10 miles in a day, but now I wouldn't be able to get through my old warm-ups. However, I will say, in my opinion, unless you are invested in a swim meet (or just watching a single heat/race), it is horrendously boring to watch.

Gator Joe

The southern, it burns like a god damned fire. UGH.

Archery.

I've been fascinated by it since we learned about the rules in middle school. It wasn't until recently where I could actually participate by playing Archery Tag at this local place four just $5.

1. I don't like gunfire

Lol Why does the Southern burn?

As an outdoorsman who loves hunting, archery is one of my favorite ways to hunt. It really does take a lot of skill, force, and patience. Archery can also be a fun activity for parties. I do love my guns, though.

For me, my #1 sport has always been hockey. So much skill involved and so dynamic, especially during the Stanley Cup Playoffs. My life pretty much shuts down from April-June.

Hockey is one of the few stick-and-ball sports I enjoy along with billiards and bowling. It's very exciting, and I rather enjoy ice skating, myself. Hockey gives me something fun to watch during the NASCAR off-season. Otherwise, I'd go into hibernation during the off-season.

Snowboarding, Surfing, Skating.
Because 2extreme4u.

I do enjoy watching extreme sports. I used to be a skateboarder, and I have been to many X Games events.

LadyToorima

Nyaa nyaa~
Archery.

1. I don't like gunfire

I agree. In middle school I got to participate in Archery as an extra curricular thing. It was highly enjoyable!

Batty Krueger

DJ Nailbunny
short course truck racing
desert racing
rally
motocross
rock crawling
touring car racing
Indy

Jags

Shepherd of Fire
Rugby, such a spectale

T

TheMetalVelocity

I guess racing or anything that involves auto/vehicles would be something I could get into as far as sports.

Alexxx-Returns

The Sergal that Didn't Vore
I'm going to go for the only physical activity I actually enjoy, and that's fitness pole dance.

[yt]kcw5jnUclKw[/yt]

(I feel quite proud that I can do at least 2 of those moves. The rest is many leagues beyond my skill). But that's what's so great about it, you're constantly improving at your own pace. I don't like competitive sports at all, because all they do is compare your own (lack of) ability to others, and with my poor sporting abilities, I think it gets to a point where it's impossible to play against people so much better than yourself. And with pole, that's not the case. You're not holding anyone back if you're terrible, and you can improve as slowly as you want, and you'll be proud of everything you've achieved. I know I am, anyhow.

I think I like pole so much because first off, it's one of the best kinds of exercise out there (and you can feel it the day after),and it's not just about the exercise, it's also about building a routine, like in the above video. It's no good to be able to perform the moves on command - you've gotta make them flow together, otherwise it doesn't look as good. It's so creative after you know a couple of dozen moves.

I did have a video of my own, from where I performed for a charity gig (and it would demonstrate perfectly about bad transitions), but that's long gone.

Last edited:

Vukasin

- Hockey
- Baseball
- Pro Wrestling
- Nascar
- Rally Car
- Skateboarding
- Snowboarding
- BMX
- Mountain Biking

Gator Joe

I'm going to go for the only physical activity I actually enjoy, and that's fitness pole dance.

Since I don't know how to embed videos, I'll leave this here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcw5jnUclKw

(I feel quite proud that I can do at least 2 of those moves. The rest is many leagues beyond my skill). But that's what's so great about it, you're constantly improving at your own pace. I don't like competitive sports at all, because all they do is compare your own (lack of) ability to others, and with my poor sporting abilities, I think it gets to a point where it's impossible to play against people so much better than yourself. And with pole, that's not the case. You're not holding anyone back if you're terrible, and you can improve as slowly as you want, and you'll be proud of everything you've achieved. I know I am, anyhow.

I think I like pole so much because first off, it's one of the best kinds of exercise out there (and you can feel it the day after),and it's not just about the exercise, it's also about building a routine, like in the above video. It's no good to be able to perform the moves on command - you've gotta make them flow together, otherwise it doesn't look as good. It's so creative after you know a couple of dozen moves.

I did have a video of my own, from where I performed for a charity gig (and it would demonstrate perfectly about bad transitions), but that's long gone.

Well that's very unique. I'm glad you have something you really enjoy. It does look relaxing, challenging, and fun.

To embed a YouTube video, use "yt" in brackets like this: [yt] [/yt]; And use the end of the web address for the video following the equal sign:
kcw5jnUclKw; Put that part of the link between the brackets, and you'll have your embedded video. If you wanna check if it works, go to "Go Advanced" and click "Preview." Hope this helps. :) It took me a while to learn how to embed videos properly.

Ikrit

I'm fired up!
nascar is the only motor sport that puts me to sleep

i'd watch just about any other form of racing, primairly off road races such as rally and trophy truck

Gator Joe

nascar is the only motor sport that puts me to sleep

i'd watch just about any other form of racing, primairly off road races such as rally and trophy truck

I love watching trophy truck racing. Very fun to watch. I'm sure it's even more fun to do.

Gator Joe

I got to play around in one a few months back. Dem fuckers is loud x.x

Yeah, I'm sure trophy truck racing is popular around here. You ever been to Auto Club Speedway in Fontana? I know you said NASCAR puts you to sleep, but you should try it live at the track. I go every year.

Aleu

Deuces
Lol Why does the Southern burn?

As an outdoorsman who loves hunting, archery is one of my favorite ways to hunt. It really does take a lot of skill, force, and patience. Archery can also be a fun activity for parties. I do love my guns, though.

Everything about the south I hate. The attitude, the accent, the weather
every god damned thing

except sweet tea.

Batty Krueger

DJ Nailbunny

Yeah, I'm sure trophy truck racing is popular around here. You ever been to Auto Club Speedway in Fontana? I know you said NASCAR puts you to sleep, but you should try it live at the track. I go every year.
I didnt say that XD
Im not a fan of nascar but I dont hate it. Naw I havnt been, I do goto the Long Beach races every year.