• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Favorite tabletop rpg?

TheFurryGM

of misadventures
Huh, there doesn't seem to be a good subpage to ask this considering this doesn't quite seem like it belongs in the tavern since it's not directly an RP, and I just wanna talk tabletop games lol.

Anyway, as someone who recently got into Pathfinder, and even more so into it's scifi counterpart Starfinder, I was wondering what tabletops others liked.

Personally, I got heavily into Starfinder because I love the system and how they handle everything, plus it being a scifi setting just makes it that much more enjoyable for me. I've only recently got into scifi, and Starfinder just really let's me satisfy that craving lol.

Skychickens

Late Healer Ferret
D&D 3.5e. Goin oldschool at this point.

I like pulling in elements from different editions and systems though.

TheFurryGM

of misadventures
D&D 3.5e. Goin oldschool at this point.

I like pulling in elements from different editions and systems though.
I think I tried a bit of 3.5! Well... kinda me and my group of friends were all new at the time and I accidentally heavily mixed 3.5 and 5e traits and feats as well as all sorts of other mechanics lol. That was pretty much all my exposure to 3.5 tho I soon went off to Pathfinder, and played in one 5e campaign

Skychickens

Late Healer Ferret
I think I tried a bit of 3.5! Well... kinda me and my group of friends were all new at the time and I accidentally heavily mixed 3.5 and 5e traits and feats as well as all sorts of other mechanics lol. That was pretty much all my exposure to 3.5 tho I soon went off to Pathfinder, and played in one 5e campaign
The biggest problem would 3.5e I’ve been told is there’s so much...but that’s mostly optional, supplemental content. I love the wide variety they put out in that one. My least favorite thing is the battle system. It’s much more straightforward in 5e.

Some feats I prefer their 3e versions and there’s a lot of AD&D concepts I incorporate heavily into my games.

But pathfinder has some amazing monster concepts and methods that I just adore.

I am a sucker for anything that lets me have one hell of a plotheavy game...is it obvious yet?

TheFurryGM

of misadventures
The biggest problem would 3.5e I’ve been told is there’s so much...but that’s mostly optional, supplemental content. I love the wide variety they put out in that one. My least favorite thing is the battle system. It’s much more straightforward in 5e.

Some feats I prefer their 3e versions and there’s a lot of AD&D concepts I incorporate heavily into my games.

But pathfinder has some amazing monster concepts and methods that I just adore.

I am a sucker for anything that lets me have one hell of a plotheavy game...is it obvious yet?
Plot heavy games are just the way to go in my opinion! I haven't gotten to do any adnd stuff yet but I got a friend who wants to do an adnd pirate campaign though and I'm excited for that lol. The hiring/construction system just sounds amazing to me and I can't wait to try it out.