• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Favorite Videogame Genres?

Favorite Videogame Genre?

• Total voters

SirRob

Generic shitty military shooter #4 will outsell that in a week.

Edit: I'd also definitely argue that Touhou has far, far more fans than SFIV.
You're right, of course.

Edit: Alright, but I don't really want to argue farther than this, since I am not a part of either fanbases.

Last edited:

Zydala

Kisses for everyone!
I like games that defy genres! but I guess if I had to choose then RPG and puzzle. I play pretty much anything tho

T

Tewin Follow

I like games that defy genres! but I guess if I had to choose then RPG and puzzle. I play pretty much anything tho

What the Hell was VibRibbon, man.

And Contact: DS was pretty out there and amazing. <3

Sernion

I see the goal before me
Pretty much any kind genre except Sports/racing and fighting games.

Willow

FAF's #1 Terrorist
The only puzzle game I like right now is Phoenix Wright :3

Some RPGs have better fighting systems, sometimes I just can't stand turn based...Pokemon is an exception...I like RPGs like LoZ and Kingdom Hearts, cuz I can run around and fight

The same goes for FPS games, things like Bioshock and Halo...CoD doesn't seem to do it for me...I can't get into it...

...and I wanna play Touhou but I can't ;^;

Cloud Nine

Another face in the crowd.
I do enjoy my RPGs and I find shooter games rather dull unless they have some unique mechanic which sets it apart from the hundreds of other games with similar formula's.

Unsilenced

Mentlegen
FPS all the way, though RPG/adventure elements are fun too.

Specifically I like games where the weapons have "punch" to them.

In Halo and Gears of War for example it just sorta feels like you're sorta sapping their health away until they fall over. Left 4 Dead or Call of Duty though you get the feeling that you're punching a real fat hole in the motherfuckers. (Left for Dead 2 helps this feeling by... well... putting real fat holes in the motherfuckers)

One of my favorite weapons of all time was the 10mm from F.E.A.R. There's a real sense of power in being able to nail a guy to the wall with a 3 inch spike from across the room*...

Not like the "magical death wand" effect a lot of guns have in games where you just sorta spray in their general direction 'till they fall over.

*Even better when you do it...

IN SLOW MOTION!!!

Last edited:

Captain Spyro

Heart of the DragonStar
I tend to favor action/adventure titles, followed by platformers, racers, and the occasional fighter.

Stargazer Bleu

2b forgot is worse than death
Rpgs for me.

Started since Final fantasy on old nes, dragon warrior then too. Also hantasy star on master system.
Played many more after that on multiple systems

Ibuuyk

Icon made by Littlerock!
RPG, strategy & tactical (other). But I do enjoy some SoulCalibur, Super Smash Bros, Need for Speed & James Bond once in a while.

Attaman

"I say we forget this business and run."
rpg my favorite game was fallout 3
Rage_face.png

I'm willing to bet at least half the people on these forums don't even know what Touhou is. I'm willing to bet less than an eighth has played it too.
Can it be Flan time now?

Kirbizard

Kamikaze Kirby
I don't know, I just like games that I find fun to play. :c

I love Team Fortress, but dislike Halo. I love Roller Coaster Tycoon, but dislike Viva Pinata. :c
I'd say I like games with action in moreso than ones without, but then I like Electroplankton too, and there's as much action in there as there is in a monastery.

SirRob

Because of the story elements (making it an Action RPG like Kingdom Hearts). You don't need a level up system to have an RPG. >:3
Pretty much every game has story elements. Zelda's more of a puzzle game than an RPG.

Ibuuyk

Icon made by Littlerock!
I suck at FPSs, but I love them so...

Pretty much the same here, except that I'm good with a sniper but I suck with everything else xD

TwilightV

HELL YEAH!!!
Pretty much every game has story elements. Zelda's more of a puzzle game than an RPG.

For the most part, i've only seen puzzles in dungeons. Towns on the other hand are filled with dialogue and (usually) simple sidequests, all of which are rewarded with items or money.

SirRob

For the most part, i've only seen puzzles in dungeons. Towns on the other hand are filled with dialogue and (usually) simple sidequests, all of which are rewarded with items or money.
You're right, towns are a major RPG element. However, dungeons are more prominent in Zelda than the two or three towns in each game, and since each dungeon has puzzles in them, it's debatable on whether it's more of a puzzle game or an RPG. In any case, there should be no argument that it's mainly an Adventure game.

TwilightV

HELL YEAH!!!
You're right, towns are a major RPG element. However, dungeons are more prominent in Zelda than the two or three towns in each game, and since each dungeon has puzzles in them, it's debatable on whether it's more of a puzzle game or an RPG. In any case, there should be no argument that it's mainly an Action/Adventure game.

Fix'd and QForT :3