• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Favourite Christmas Movie?

Alys_0_0

Tea thief <3 She/Her <3 POTATO QUEEN
Hey! What's your favourite Christmas movie? I figured it's Christmas time in all the stores and Thanksgiving is over with so let's see! If you can't choose just one, choose your top three! My favourite Christmas movie is Nightmare Before Christmas. I suppose it's a Halloween movie too but it still counts XD

JuniperW

Birb Fanatic
It’s basically a family tradition in my household for us to watch Elf every year. It’s still a hilarious film to me, despite the fact that I’ve probably seen it over ten times already.

Alys_0_0

It’s basically a family tradition in my household for us to watch Elf every year. It’s still a hilarious film to me, despite the fact that I’ve probably seen it over ten times already.
Dude same! We also used to watch Christmas Vacation together every year but we kinda got sick of it after more than a decade XD

Alys_0_0

This might be cheesy but...

Home Alone 1.
I don't actually know if I've seen it... Is that the one with the smart kid that heats up the door knob to keep burglars away?

Sappho

Canis Centuarus
I love that one too. I have quite a bit of nostalgia for it. Home Alone 2 is great imo but I lost interest in any of the other sequels (apparently they’re rubbish)
How did this show up as "juniperW quoted your post"

Alys_0_0

Sappho

Canis Centuarus
I'm a fan of the originals. Rudolph, frosty, those type

Alys_0_0

I'm a fan of the originals. Rudolph, frosty, those type
Very nice! I like the live-action Christmas movies even though they aren't great, they're still pretty cute.

Sam Akuchin Wamm

does anyone else feel like it's not really a christmas movie unless it's actually about christmas itself rather than being set at christmas.

i mean, when you think about it Home Alone, It's a Wonderful Life, A Christmas Carol and even Miracle on 34th Street aren't really about Christmas and kinda just use the holiday as a way to shoehorn their way into a buying frenzy to insure sales.

And yes of course I've read the original Christmas Carol but what you don't get is that ghost stories were kinda Charles Dickens' thing and basically A Christmas Carol is no different to any of his other stories other than being physically set AT Christmas.

These just all kinda prove we're gullible to tradition instigated by a marketting machine.

Saying that, if you want a movie that really "gets" Christmas then probably a really good example is Santa Claus The Movie.

Not oly is Christmas the main focus of the plot, it's cliche and chintsy and bright just like the holiday and it doesn't focus solely on an origin story but actually combats the idea of the holiday actually BEING a marketting frenzy ironically.

those are just my bits. i dunno.

Nexus Cabler

Abstract Concepts Coordinator
Elf, it's not MY favorite personally, but it's my dad's favorite, so I always watch every Christmas with him.

My personal favorite is Jingle All The Way

MrSpookyBoots

Batto with a Bad Leg ;'(
A lot of people surprisingly don't put it on their lists, but my favorite Christmas movie is Gremlins (1984). It's a nice, family friendly critter flick that takes place during the holidays, and just makes for a nice detour from standard holiday fare.

I'm also a horror fan, so while it may not really fit that mold, it still appeals to me for a variety of reasons. :)

aomagrat

"Donovan's Reef" staring John Wayne and Lee Marvin. It's set in French Polynesia.

Attachments

• 51jRME0zCCL._AC_.jpg
    51jRME0zCCL._AC_.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 16

JuniperW

Birb Fanatic
How did this show up as "juniperW quoted your post"
I think I accidentally quoted something from you that was still stored in the quote section for whatever reason (?) and deleted it as soon as I realised I’d done it, but it must’ve still given you the notification

Tacoshark

Defender of the Sacred Nuggs
It is close but I would have to give it to Nightmare before Christmas. A close second is Klaus and third is Die Hard

Kumali

Lupine-American
Easy: In the Bleak Midwinter (retitled A Midwinter's Tale in the U.S.), written and directed by Kenneth Branagh.

Xitheon

I may be mad but I'm perfectly good at it.
Does "About A Boy" count as a Christmas movie?

I love it because it's about love and togetherness and it helped me through my first breakup.

RogueNoodle

toe bean enthusiast
Literally any of the stop-motion TV specials created from 1960 to 1980. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, The Year Without a Santa Claus, and Santa Claus Is Comin to Town. The songs, clunky stop-motion, and sometimes border-line terrifying character design hold a special place in my heart. I grew up on those movies! Admittedly outdated yet still charming.

Sam Akuchin Wamm

Literally any of the stop-motion TV specials created from 1960 to 1980. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, The Year Without a Santa Claus, and Santa Claus Is Comin to Town. The songs, clunky stop-motion, and sometimes border-line terrifying character design hold a special place in my heart. I grew up on those movies! Admittedly outdated yet still charming.

just don't look up rankin bass' christmas in july