• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Favourite Film Score Thread

Fox Amoore

2 inch micro Pianist
Just wondering what everyones choices and opinions are in todays film industry. Recently I've been listening to a composer called Cliff Eidelman who did quite an exceptional job on the Piano score for Free Willy 3 (which I did as well: http://www.furaffinity.net/view/535991/ )

But there are so many other awesome composers for film out there as well... name some of your favorites and what films they featured on.

-Foxy.

sgolem

Right now I can think of Balto and The Land Before Time, scored by James Horner.
Also Jurassic Park by John Williams.
The Nightmare Before Christmas and Pee-Wee's Big Adventure (Breakfast Machine FTW) by Danny Elfman.
I very well may be adding some later.

I'm definately going to bring up Howard Shore. His work is amazing.

Itreyu

Tears of the Sun soundtrack by Hans Zimmer

Quad_killeR

I second Danny Elfman with the Nightmare Before Christmas.

WelcomeTheCollapse said:
Collaboration between Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard for Batman Begins is one that immediately springs to mind.

I also like Silent Hill's soundtrack - different but awesome.

Most of that movie's soundtrack was taken from the game soundtracks. Only a handful of new pieces were written specifically for the film.

evil_ed667 said:
WelcomeTheCollapse said:
Collaboration between Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard for Batman Begins is one that immediately springs to mind.

I also like Silent Hill's soundtrack - different but awesome.

Most of that movie's soundtrack was taken from the game soundtracks. Only a handful of new pieces were written specifically for the film.

Never played the games. I'm deprived, dammit! XD

capthavoc123

Master of Disaster
I'll have to go with Randy Edelman's soundtrack for Gettysburg.

Also, Joe Hisaishi's soundtrack for Princess Mononoke.

WelcomeTheCollapse said:
Never played the games. I'm deprived, dammit! XD

You don't have to. Silent Hill's OSTs were all released on CD. There's also a site that offers many of the songs for download: http://www.silenthillmedia.tk/
Click on the Silent Hill title of your choice, then head to OST and download away.

ComposerFox

capthavoc123 said:
I'll have to go with Randy Edelman's soundtrack for Gettysburg.

Also, Joe Hisaishi's soundtrack for Princess Mononoke.

Yes!
Also Hisaishi's Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle.
And I really like Trevor Jones's Dark City, and George Fenton for Blue Planet

Litre

Joe Hisaishi, Hans Zimmer, Danny Elfman, Mark Mancina, to name a few. I really enjoy all their work. I've been listening to the Speed and Twister scores a lot lately since I got my hands on them *finally* after so many years. Good stuff.