• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Shadowprints

Fur Friend
I figure this thread would be a good idea to share some movies that we might like. I really like thrillers and story driven dramas. Here's a few I'd definitely suggest to you guys.

MV5BMTg0NTIzMjQ1NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDc3MzM5OQ@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,675,1000_AL_.jpg

This one is about a fathers daughter and her friend who get kidnapped. The parents of the missing kids decide to take matters into their own hands, this movie easily became one of my favourites. easy to watch, it's violent, emotional, and tells a great story.

MV5BNDM2MzMwMzcxNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTczMDk3OA@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,681,1000_AL_.jpg

Jagten (The Hunt) is a Dutch film (if i remember right) about a school teacher who turns down a young childs kiss (For obvious reasons), the student then goes on to tell lies that she was sexually abused by him, the man becomes ostracized and hated for something he hasn't done and attempts to clear his name.
The movie also has subtitles for us English folk

MV5BNjIzNTcwMDc3Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzU5NTY5NzE@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,674,1000_AL_.jpg

Hardcore Henry (Hardcore in Canada) is a first person action thriller. I definitely reccomend watching this movie if you like things like parkour, fast action and good movies. The story is about a guy who wakes up with no memories, once he's awake he becomes targetted and under attack by a group

MV5BN2U1YzdhYWMtZWUzMi00OWI1LWFkM2ItNWVjM2YxMGQ2MmNhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjU0OTQ0OTY@._V1_.jpg

Night crawler is an interesting thriller about an unemployed guy who finds out people are making money by selling footage of crimes and criminal activities to news outlets and organizations. This inspires the main character to set up and stage these crime scenes in order to get a good shot, and sell it to the press.

MV5BMjEyMTU3NTI0MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjIzMjExOQ@@._V1_.jpg

The Rabbi's Cat (Le Chat Du Rabbin)
Couldn't find a picture the same size as the other ones, but keeping with the furry tradition, this is a French film (subtitled of course) about a cat who gains the ability to talk by eating a household parrot, after learning to talk he decides he wants to convert to judaism, it's an interesting animated film for more adult audiences and I think it was really well done. The animation style is nice and the film has this ambiguous, questionable attitude towards judaism and its religion

Those are five of my favourites I've seen in recent time, what about you guys?​

Le Chat Nécro

most thugged-out dope hoe
Old Boy is amazing (the South Korean one, not the 2013 Spike Lee one).
It's a neo-noir action film which can be incredibly graphic and unsettling at times, but in a very good way. It follows a drunkard who gets kidnapped and put in solitary confinement for years before being released suddenly. He then goes on a quest to figure out why he was taken and take vengeance for the life that was taken from him. The story is interesting, the writing is solid, and the action is beautifully shot. Just check out the infamous hallway scene- it's all one take! (cw: lots of violence)

Shadowprints

Fur Friend
Old Boy is amazing (the South Korean one, not the 2013 Spike Lee one).
It's a neo-noir action film which can be incredibly graphic and unsettling at times, but in a very good way. It follows a drunkard who gets kidnapped and put in solitary confinement for years before being released suddenly. He then goes on a quest to figure out why he was taken and take vengeance for the life that was taken from him. The story is interesting, the writing is solid, and the action is beautifully shot. Just check out the infamous hallway scene- it's all one take! (cw: lots of violence)
I've actually heard a lot of real good things about that movie and completely forgot about it, I'm gonna check that out tonight, thanks! Have you ever seen The Raid? It's a really cool to watch indonesian film You seem to like nice action scenes,

Le Chat Nécro

most thugged-out dope hoe
I've actually heard a lot of real good things about that movie and completely forgot about it, I'm gonna check that out tonight, thanks! Have you ever seen The Raid? It's a really cool to watch indonesian film You seem to like nice action scenes,
I have not seen that, but I've heard good things about it too. And that clip was awesome.

Miles Marsalis

The Last DJ.
@Le Chat Nécro and @Shadowprints

I saw both versions of Old Boy, but the Korean original was better to me than the Spike Lee remake. The Raid was fire too and the sequel was decent. Nightcrawler was one Jake Gyllenhaal's best films.

How was Hardcore Henry?

Just to toss in a worthy recommendation, what did you guys think of Snowpiercer?

Miles Marsalis

The Last DJ.
My favorite movie is Fight Club. I can't even come up with words for how amazing Fight Club is, but for me nothing compares.
I can't believe I left this out. The "middle children of history" speech was very resonant, if hilarious in hindsight considering what happened in the 2000s.

Memento is another good film.

Miles Marsalis

The Last DJ.
Some of my past number ones have been the 1927's Metropolis, Pink Floyd - The Wall and Stalker. Ever since getting tired of the medium I haven't considered one above others anymore though.
I've only seen Metropolis out of the movies you listed, but it was Fritz Lang's best work. I liked the worldbuilding and the ideas about automation that were ahead of their time. A lot of people like to knock on black-and-white movies, but this film is a definitely a classic.

P

Picklepaige

Princess Mononoke will probably forever be my favorite movie!

It's an absolutely gorgeous film. Beautiful animation, phenominal music, captivating story (definitely the best of the Ferngully/Avatar/Pocahontas type man-vs nature movies), great dub, and it has a few talking animals for all you furry peeps! I love everything about it, and it is one movie that I just can't think of a flaw.

WarriorWhispers

.Pedigree.
Lion King 2, Scream, and Silver Bullet.
A weird group of movies...and probably not even good in most peoples eyes.

C

CrookedCroc

I really really like Stalker, the movie can be a little slow and confusing at the ending but my god I love it, I can't say a lot without spoiling it but it really feels like a product of its time
images (21).jpeg

Redline is probably my favorite animated movie, the whole thing is a giant hand drawn passion project that gets me hyped every time I see it

images (22).jpeg

Keefur

aka Cutter Cat
Fantastic Mr. Fox, Zootopia, and the original versions of War of the Worlds and The Time Machine. Oh yeah... the Lord of the Rings trilogy, too.

Taku

Can't hear you beneath the rumble of the bass
Primer
Circle
Triangle
Predestination
Also anything by Ralph bakshi

tigerjieer

What's this?
I'll go with action / sci-fi films.
Some of my favorites include the Mission Impossible series, and 2001: Space Odyssey (also read the novel).

I also love documentaries. Sometimes I look at what crops up on CBC documentaries.
One I recently enjoyed was A Plastic Ocean (2016).

And finally, my favorite anthropomorphic film: Fantastic Mr. Fox; which I re-watched just some time ago.
An amazing stop motion comedy that I first saw on TV when I was about 10. I think it made me a bit furry.

btw, how do I include spoiler tags?

N

NRS174

One of the novelties of this season:

Bad times at the El Royale

It’s not like super good, but, for some reasons, I like it more than others new films

Yakamaru

Å nei, cringe

Keefur

aka Cutter Cat
I watch a lot of war movies, and one of my old favorites is Memphis Belle (1990). I happened to be thinking about this one just recently. I still think it's one of the greatest WWII aviation films ever made - about an American bomber crew flying their last mission over Germany. It's an incredible production, and yet sadly very underrated. And no CGI either! I highly recommend it.

Another old favorite is the classic WWII epic The Great Escape (1963), featuring a cast of big names including Steve McQueen, James Garner, and Richard Attenborough. It's based on the true story of a group of Allied POWs who hatched a massive plot to escape from a prison camp in Germany in 1944. Not entirely true to the real story, but has a lot of great action and suspense.

Another great classic is Von Ryan's Express (1965) starring Frank Sinatra as the titular character. Another movie about escaping POWs who commandeer a German military train and make a desperate break for neutral Switzerland while evading their Axis pursuers.

You should try Stalag 17. too. It is really good.

NoctisNix

New in Town
@Yakamaru mentioned Arrival which is one of my favorite Sci-Fi films, followed by Interstellar and its big ol' big big loud but great soundtrack. I enjoy hard science but I love the liberties they both take with the fantasy elements.

One of my favorite films though is for sure Baby Driver, by Edgar Wright. Its just a good, fun movie with a simple but great story!

Recently I watched two good films I'd highly suggest but are a bit hidden away are: The Virgin Suicides, if you're looking for a super depressing story on the backdrop of older suburbia, and The Lost Boys, a classic 80s movie with some vampires, wacky haircuts, and music from The Doors.

Taku

Can't hear you beneath the rumble of the bass
Jurassic games is a top notch b movie. I watched it expecting to laugh at its terribleness, and found myself enthralled.