• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Feeling a bit weird right now

So,
I kind of been into drawing anthropomorphic animals (albeit badly) for a while now, and never knew about the furry fandom.

My friend recently told me about furries, focussing on yiff and calling them weirdos. Inside, though, I was thinking to myself "I actually have to look at this".

So I looked into it a bit more, and many of the signs seem to point to my being a furry. The thing is, I don't know whether it's something that is truly me, or if I'm kind of making it up in my head.

I'd definitely be OK with being a furry if that's what I am, and I've even been looking into things like a fursona recently. I just want to know if this is real for me, if I should take this further, (like developing an actual fursona), and if I should tell anyone.

Any help would be appreciated.

By the way, my name isn't Luca. That's a name I would use for the furry stuff, and reserve my real name for more....normal....things? Sorry! I feel really bad wording it like that!

Twpsyn

?
Banned
If you want to involve yourself with furry stuff, then sure. Others can't really tell you if you are a furry, as it's more of a hobby or interest.
Also, I don't think telling people is necessary. Not that you need to hide it, but it's not something that needs to be 'announced from the rooftops', as they say.

So,
I kind of been into drawing anthropomorphic animals (albeit badly) for a while now, and never knew about the furry fandom.

My friend recently told me about furries, focussing on yiff and calling them weirdos. Inside, though, I was thinking to myself "I actually have to look at this".

So I looked into it a bit more, and many of the signs seem to point to my being a furry. The thing is, I don't know whether it's something that is truly me, or if I'm kind of making it up in my head.

I'd definitely be OK with being a furry if that's what I am, and I've even been looking into things like a fursona recently. I just want to know if this is real for me, if I should take this further, (like developing an actual fursona), and if I should tell anyone.

Any help would be appreciated.

By the way, my name isn't Luca. That's a name I would use for the furry stuff, and reserve my real name for more....normal....things? Sorry! I feel really bad wording it like that!
I probably could have been a lot more concise. Sorry for rambling!

If you want to involve yourself with furry stuff, then sure. Others can't really tell you if you are a furry, as it's more of a hobby or interest.
Also, I don't think telling people is necessary. Not that you need to hide it, but it's not something that needs to be 'announced from the rooftops'.
Yeah, for me I would NOT express it large-scale anyway. But I get what you mean about all of that.

I reckon it's probably worth a try isn't it?

Thanks for taking your time to read and answer. I didn't think I would get a response so quickly!

Twpsyn

?
Banned
Yeah, for me I would NOT express it large-scale anyway. But I get what you mean about all of that.

I reckon it's probably worth a try isn't it?

Thanks for taking your time to read and answer. I didn't think I would get a response so quickly!
'Twas a pleasure. Welcome to forums, I hope you enjoy your stay.

Minerva_Minx

Explosion loving skooma cat
Yoff is the fetish side. Like anything, theres the good, bad, and ugly. Most are artists and writers or fans. But yeah, know about the yiff. Dont get much for fursuiting it up in a hospital.

Welcome to the fandom, if thats what you want. Most are open, easy going people so making a connect isnt that hard!

JakeTheFoXx

Ope, 'Scuse Me
Hey, nice to meet you Luca. The nice thing about the furry fandom is it can be what you make of it. You want to go all in and have a sona, and even get a suit? Go for it! You want to just observe and enjoy the art? Just as rad! There are no memberships here. You dont need an "Offical Furry License" to take part in the fandom in any way. We have all found our way here from different circumstances be the NSFW, SFW, art, movies, etc. Its your choice on how much or how little and how you want to engage within this community. There really is no wrong or right way here, just use common sense and be respectful to all. I took a somewhat slow approach into the fandom. I lurked for a while, viewed FA, got on Twitter/Tumblr, and then made an account on here. There is no rush my friend. Enjoy the ride, wherever that may take you!

Also, I feel that most people arent even really aware of what furries are, and the ones that heavily scrutinize the fandom do so out of pure ignorance, or theyre just jealous of all the good times we are having here. So dont be discouraged if some of your peers are cracking jokes towards the fandom.

Again, welcome, If you need to, please feel free to message me.

Yeah, you all seem like really nice people... Or animals...
;)

I really don't get why people try to have such a strong opinion on things they know nothing about! Like with politics, there are always people who will judge based on preconceptions.

That guy is not my closest friend by any means. I hug my closest friends:p

Hey, nice to meet you Luca. The nice thing about the furry fandom is it can be what you make of it. You want to go all in and have a sona, and even get a suit? Go for it! You want to just observe and enjoy the art? Just as rad! There are no memberships here. You dont need an "Offical Furry License" to take part in the fandom in any way. We have all found our way here from different circumstances be the NSFW, SFW, art, movies, etc. Its your choice on how much or how little and how you want to engage within this community. There really is no wrong or right way here, just use common sense and be respectful to all. I took a somewhat slow approach into the fandom. I lurked for a while, viewed FA, got on Twitter/Tumblr, and then made an account on here. There is no rush my friend. Enjoy the ride, wherever that may take you!

Also, I feel that most people arent even really aware of what furries are, and the ones that heavily scrutinize the fandom do so out of pure ignorance, or theyre just jealous of all the good times we are having here. So dont be discouraged if some of your peers are cracking jokes towards the fandom.

Again, welcome, If you need to, please feel free to message me.
Thanks. =D

Do you think it is safe to mention my real name here?

I feel comfortable in FAF now, but I don't want to compromise my online safety...

I mean there's probably no harm in doing so.

The actual reason I created the account (and a new Gmail) under the fictional name was so furry activity could not be traced back to me, by friends, family, or search engine databases.

Not because I am ashamed of being a new furry, but just because I am a little too paranoid!

S

Scots

Nice to meet you and welcome to the fandom! I'm relatively new myself but have met some really nice folks here.

I really don't get why people try to have such a strong opinion on things they know nothing about! Like with politics, there are always people who will judge based on preconceptions.
I think that's just hooman nature. And I suspect, that's also why most of us are here (to get away from such ignorance that is) :D
Again, Welcome!

I've never been worried about people's opinions of me before. I think it's because nobody knows this about me.

Everyone who knows me knows:
I am very good at maths and science
I love speaking German
I can be rather camp at times
I refuse to cut my long hair
I act very weirdly around my peers
I never stop humming
I never stop talking about LoZ
And I am not remotely ashamed of any of that.

But nobody knows I am a furry.
(Well, I guess I didn't until like 3 days ago)

Meh. I know I can come out to my closest friends. They wouldn't judge me if I said that Nintendo is for kids! (Which I completely disagree with)

Nice to meet you and welcome to the fandom! I'm relatively new myself but have met some really nice folks here.

I think that's just hooman nature. And I suspect, that's also why most of us are here (to get away from such ignorance that is) :D
Again, Welcome!
Thanks!

S

Scots

Do you think it is safe to mention my real name here?

I feel comfortable in FAF now, but I don't want to compromise my online safety...

I mean there's probably no harm in doing so.

The actual reason I created the account (and a new Gmail) under the fictional name was so furry activity could not be traced back to me, by friends, family, or search engine databases.

Not because I am ashamed of being a new furry, but just because I am a little too paranoid!

It harms none to go by your sona's or avatar's name. It's probably best to play it safe and share with those you get close with. There are plenty of shady folks everywhere, and that's not to say some could happen upon FAF (even as guests). Best not to leave your self open. ;)

It harms none to go by your sona's or avatar's name. It's probably best to play it safe and share with those you get close with. There are plenty of shady folks everywhere, and that's not to say some could happen upon FAF (even as guests). Best not to leave your self open. ;)
Thanks for the advice. I think I will share my real name, but not until I'm 18. Yeah, I best play it safe for now.

Scrydan

Staff Dragon
Welcome to the site and forums! If you have any questions or want to chat with anyone you see online, including myself, feel free to drop a conversation!

I do hope you enjoy your stay and have a fantastic time!

Welcome to the site and forums! If you have any questions or want to chat with anyone you see online, including myself, feel free to drop a conversation!

I do hope you enjoy your stay and have a fantastic time!
Thank you! I'm definitely glad I decided to join.

Don't know why anyone would be interested, but I thought I'd mention it:

I told my two best friends about being a furry (through messaging). They had never heard the term furry (neither had I until Friday).

The one took it really well. A good listener and a nice guy. I'll see him at school tomorrow.

The other... Hasn't replied yet. He's probably been busy and will see it in the morning.

Not planning to tell anyone else just yet, but this is a big step for me. Because of the secrecy and suddenness of my realisation, I felt weird about it all. This definitely helps!

Don't know why anyone would be interested, but I thought I'd mention it:

I told my two best friends about being a furry (through messaging). They had never heard the term furry (neither had I until Friday).

The one took it really well. A good listener and a nice guy. I'll see him at school tomorrow.

The other... Hasn't replied yet. He's probably been busy and will see it in the morning.

Not planning to tell anyone else just yet, but this is a big step for me. Because of the secrecy and suddenness of my realisation, I felt weird about it all. This definitely helps!
It's just another cool fandom. Why would I be scared of that!? Whatever. Brains don't make sense.