• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Female Eagle Name

Otterman89

This is the best place I could find to post this. Anyways, I'm getting a ref of a female Bald Eagle fursona, and I've been trying off and on for the last 24 or more hours trying to come up with a good name for her. I don't have the ref yet so no pics. Anyone out there who can come up with a good name for a femal Eagle? I've even spent quite a bit of time searching online. :( Names are the weakest things ever that I have unfortunately. :(

Yago

Ambered Amaranth
I was thinking Aria.

It's a bit of a generic obvious pun, still kinda pretty.

13Swords

Sgt. Unfriendly

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.

13Swords

Sgt. Unfriendly

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
NOT "Freedom, Liberty, etc."

ScaredToBreathe

Special Snowflake
I think that the translated name of the animal is often very pretty *hides from flaming arrows*
For example, "eagle" is "orel" in Slovanian, and "aquila" in Italian, both of which would make pretty, non-generic names.

KigRatel

Colaholic
Eagles? I was thinking of an Indian-sounding name, as the first thing I thought of was the Garuda of Hindu mythology.

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
Eagles? I was thinking of an Indian-sounding name, as the first thing I thought of was the Garuda of Hindu mythology.
Garuda was Chozo, not an eagle :V

13Swords

Sgt. Unfriendly
You could always just go with a name that sounds good to the ear. It doesn't have to mean something or be a reference. My name means "Hefty Mountain" or alternatively "thick forest," but my parents didn't know that when they named me. They just named me after my uncle and were done with it. If you DO want the name to mean something, you could always just give the eagle a title. "Byron the mouse-snatcher."