• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Ferret angst

Xitheon

The cat's mother.
I mentioned before that I want to adopt a ferret from a rescue organization, and I'm getting frantic and obsessional over it because I can't reserve her (Gypsy - a little albino jill) until I have a cage set-up for her.

The cage was supposed to arrive today and it f**king didn't. It's "sorry, running late" according to Amazon. It might not arrive until next week. I'm tearing my hair out over this. I have a one-track mind; once I have an idea or a desire I can't let it go or stop thinking about it. I'm getting frustrated and irrational. I don't want to panic and do anything stupid but this is killing me.

She's beautiful and I am completely in love with her and I feel like she is slipping out of my grasp. It's like the universe is conspiring to ruin my life. When I held her I felt so complete. She nuzzled my hands with her little pink nose and snuggled against me. She's my baby and I already love her like she's my child. I actually wept when I left the rescue center because she's the most beautiful animal I've ever met and I feel like she is part of my soul.

SHE BAKED ALL MY BEANS, FGFGHNVCXGHTDSCUJJGVVXXDVBJOPIG. I'M GOING BATSHIT.

Crimcyan

Chum bucket with the u
I don't know if it's the case, but most rescue organisations will require some kind of home tour to make sure the living space is alright for the animal, so that may not be an option!
Just figured it could work as alot of exotic animals are kept in storage bins as a enclosure. Snakes being one of them and ferrets are almost like furry snakes

Xitheon

The cat's mother.
Just figured it could work as alot of exotic animals are kept in storage bins as a enclosure. Snakes being one of them and ferrets are almost like furry snakes

Not really. Ferrets don't just lie there dozing like snakes. (I've kept snakes, they're lazy and mostly inactive. They eat like once a week and snooze the rest of the time.) Ferrets need a stimulating and spacious environment, which means as well as having a lot of playtime, they do best with a big cage full of fun stuff to play with. I think a ferret would go crazy with boredom in a little storage box and probably escape. Also inadequate ventilation would be an issue.

Xitheon

The cat's mother.
Take a deep breath, I know it can be hard not to fixate! The cage will be here before you know it, and you'll have your sweet girl home! Perhaps you could try thinking of all the ways you want to spoil her, and maybe you could craft her some stuff in the interim to keep your mind and hands busy!

The cage should arrive today... I've been sleeping for days. Anxiety is one of my serious problems; I tend to think that the world is against me and when something goes wrong I get paranoid. I'm on good terms with the rescue center, and a short delay is no reason to freak out, but I can't stop myself.

Bad news about my ferret, though: she has a lump on her tummy. Her foster carer is taking her to the vet and they'll probably want to ensure that she's healthy before they give her to me. I hope she is okay. Poor baby. :(

Xitheon

The cat's mother.

Gypsy is heathy and alive and I've been approved to adopt her. I had a home visit from the ferret rescue worker and filled out some forms, and she'll be coming home with me on Sunday.

I'm a bit drunk from celebrating so my grammar is bad probably.

Ferrets! Yay!