• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

FF13 Tonight!

ShadowWolf401

¿ʇɐɥʍ ˙˙˙ʇıɐʍ
so wait im about 15 hours in, when do i reach a town. better yet when do i stop fallowing this narrow ass path that goes in a straight line, did they really make a game where all you do is battle and go foreword to the next battle. i wana explore stuff, see secret places i cant get to till late game, run into an area were monsters are op. . . . something come on people.

other then the lack of depth i do like some things. battles can be very fun, its like they took ff12 and made it useable, i hated 12's battle system "ok your in battle go make a sandwich" much more indepth. and they brought back the shere grid from ff10 yay best lvl system ever. and a dumbed down version of ff8's weapon lvling "dont like that its dumbed down but still good option"

stories good but it makes you read the data stuff or you dont understand anything there saying. the characters are also fine, i like lightning becaues she's so, hmm whats the word um a bitch.

oh wait forgot the most important thing, why are my summons turning into vehicle's lame. really, really dude shivas a bike, come on!

Yeah the story is like that, it gives you a little from Snow, and then a little from Lighting, and you get really lost, but they start pulling it all together and you start to understand, and then your like, wow, thats really a good story. The Battle system was good, funny part was the 3 way battle, 'What the robots are fighting each other now?" the summons were cool, other than, Im going to ride it. Also, I dont know who said you needed to download anything fo the PS3, this is not true, I didnt need any download. and if you can choose, get the PS3 not the Xbox, 720p native PS3 / 576p Xbox. (lol not very often us PS3 guys can say that)

DragonRift

Space Invader
The hate for this game is amusing, and not just from this thread.

Look, anyone with a working brain could tell a long time ago that this was going to be a straight-path, extremely linear adventure that's much in the same form as Final Fantasy X. Good or bad, that all depends on your tastes, really. People who say "it's no longer FF"... did you even PLAY the last few games in the series, since Tetsuya Nomura took over? The only faithful entry he did to the series was VII. VIII was a boring mess, with a broken junction system that made the game way too easy to fly through... and it was boring as hell. X was, like I said before, too linear, too simple, and had characters with some of the ugliest, overly-detailed clothing I've ever seen. Tidus alone looked terrifyingly ridiculous, there was absolutely no symmetry to his outfit.

I didn't HATE X, but I was thoroughly disappointed with its lack of open-ended exploration, regardless of the fact that I still had fun with it. However, I'm one of the few folks who had tremendous amounts of praise for XII, simply because Square actually had the balls to drastically change the formula, ditching the random battle encounters, and offering something more fresh to series veterans.

XIII is NOT that bad of a game. People are skipping it just because of the linearity issue alone, saying "I'd rather read a book"... It's not a fucking rail-shooter. Get over yourself. The battle system is quite enjoyable, the story's actually pretty good, and there are plenty of extra side quests/missions to keep you busy for hours once you reach Gran Pulse.

Is it as good as some of the older SNES/PS1 chapters? No. It never will be. The series lost its traditional feel after IX, so I don't understand why you're all complaining NOW about it. It's been a decade.

XIII is a fun game to play, plain and simple. Sure, I wish it were more than what it was, but there are no time machines, and you can wish for a magic wand all you want.

Faux23

god's illegitimate son
The hate for this game is amusing, and not just from this thread.

Look, anyone with a working brain could tell a long time ago that this was going to be a straight-path, extremely linear adventure that's much in the same form as Final Fantasy X. Good or bad, that all depends on your tastes, really.
I didn't HATE X, but I was thoroughly disappointed with its lack of open-ended exploration, regardless of the fact that I still had fun with it.

are you kidding ffx was one of the best one's in the series, and not linear at all. I had well over 100 hours in that game becaues of all the fun side quests, and games. You also go back to pretty much every map to do something you couldn't do before, though i may be mixing some of that up with X2.

However, I'm one of the few folks who had tremendous amounts of praise for XII, simply because Square actually had the balls to drastically change the formula, ditching the random battle encounters, and offering something more fresh to series veterans.

really everything in that game was the same as any other ff game except the combat system which failed. I mean when you had some "hard" boss fight and all you have to do is watch and heal if the AI fails at it there's got to be something wrong. other then combat 12 was a great game, in fact there's not one ff game i do not like and tried to get every side thing you could do. except 10 and those damn lightning blots i could never do that dident have the patients once i dodged 160 and then got hit >.<

XIII is NOT that bad of a game. People are skipping it just because of the linearity issue alone, saying "I'd rather read a book"... It's not a fucking rail-shooter. Get over yourself.

f you too

The battle system is quite enjoyable, the story's actually pretty good, and there are plenty of extra side quests/missions to keep you busy for hours once you reach Gran Pulse.

Is it as good as some of the older SNES/PS1 chapters? No. It never will be. The series lost its traditional feel after IX, so I don't understand why you're all complaining NOW about it. It's been a decade.

XIII is a fun game to play, plain and simple. Sure, I wish it were more than what it was, but there are no time machines, and you can wish for a magic wand all you want.

and i agree, i haven't stopped playing it since i got it. the storys great the combat system is amazing maybe even rivaling star ocean: till the end of time. the character development is awesome and you really get attached to them.
the only thing i did not like is how linear the maps are, its one of the things i look for in a game. i was told there are very few side things to do, if there are more when i get to a certain point in the game awesome cause i live for them.
I know your not directing this all at me but i still thought i should comment

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
alright, im about 3 hours in now^^ its a fun game, i like it! the battle system is great, it feels pretty dynamic. and 13s revised version of the sphere grid is ok, too. the first part of the game though felt pretty lame though because fighting didnt give you any advantages and it didnt let you progress in terms of character developement...

Imperial Impact

The Imperial Juicer

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake

Mealing

If you didn't like 10, which I don't think anyone did really, then you can't like 13. All I want is a decent story and 13's story is not decent and poorly delivered and. . . it is poorly delivered. Me reading the story from a book it provides throughout the game is bad game play, it is. Like Metal Gear Solid 4 was bad game play and a terrible game for a stealth action game this is a bad example of an RPG.

If anyone has played Digital Devil Saga the story in that is never delivered very well (on purpose) to you to keep up mystery. It kinda works but the key thing is it had decent charecters. Decent, not brilliant, decent. FF13 does not have decent charecters. They are all incredibly stupid, more so than your average jrpg charecter. I have connected with none of them. Thus the terrible and poorly delivered story just jumps out to me. I have not played it past my 11hours, why continue? I do not care about Sarah. . . why should I? I do not like lightning or Snow, let her stay a crystal at least she is safe from their stupidity.

(Spoiler Below on how stupid these people really are)

I mean snow takes his fiance into the middle of where fireworks are being let off and they nearly get hit. I just don't like the charecters, they have nothing about them at all. I am sure they have some amazing and deep story behind them but the game has failed to make me give a damn.

Battle System is great, graphics are great, story is bleh. I want the days back when I could change FF charecters names damn it. . . none of this lightning and Snow stupidity. Ohh and the summons. . . the summons -.-

Last edited:

Stargazer Bleu

2b forgot is worse than death
Just got to chapter 7. Still not really impresed, but is barely starting to look little better.
Still dont like that its a narrow path going one direction with no exploration to do.
Still going to give it a chapter or 2 to see if it does get better.

Vintage

you're beautiful
"moms are tough" - words of wisdom from final fantasy xiii

If you didn't like 10, which I don't think anyone did really, then you can't like 13. All I want is a decent story and 13 story is not decent and poorly delivered and it is poorly delivered. Me reading the story from a book it provides throughout the game is bad game play it is. Like Metal Gear Solid 4 was bad game play and a terrible game for a stealth action game this is a bad example of an RPG.

If anyone has played Digital Devil Saga the story in that is never delivered very well (on purpose) to you to keep up mystery. It kinda works but the key thing is it had decent charecters. Decent, not brilliant, decent. FF13 does not have decent charecters. They are all incredibly stupid, more so than your average jrpg charecter. I have connected with none of them. Thus the terrible and poorly delivered story just jumps out to me. I have not played it past my 11hours, why continue? I do not care about Sarah. . . why should I? I do not like lightning or Snow, let her stay a crystal at least she is safe from their stupidity.

(Spoiler Below on how stupid these people really are)

I mean snow takes his fiance into the middle of where fireworks are being let off and they nearly get hit. I just don't like the charecters, they have nothing about them at all. I am sure they have some amazing and deep story behind them but the game has failed to make me give a damn.

Battle System is great, graphics are great, story is bleh. I want the days back when I could change FF charecters names damn it. . . none of this lightning and Snow stupidity. Ohh and the summons. . . the summons -.-

The problem is that may did like FF10, dunno what you talking about.
And how is MGS4 has bad gameplay and a bad game?! I don't understand that, it was great!

Mealing

If you like it that is fine. Most of the people who I have talked to about 10 did not like it that much, nor do many of my friends. MGS4 is the same deal. I just consider a game that has less gameplay than movie scenes has kinda lost the plot dear.

Zydala

Kisses for everyone!
That's funny, because I didn't like 10 because of it's characters, but the concept was neat enough, and I'm enjoying 13 because I haven't really liked FF characters this much since 9 and I think the story is perfectly fine. The battle system is exactly what I liked out of 10 and 12 put together.

It's very far from the usual Final Fantasy formula but it's a welcome change because I hate it when a series gets too stale, you know? I feel like, it's either you're gonna change stuff and people are gonna complain, or you're not going to change anything and people are gonna complain.

I think if it wasn't labeled "Final Fantasy" I think it'd be just as good on its own legs and that counts way more to me than a brand, you know? Of course, YMMV, as always, everyone gets different things out of a game. I guess that's why people are so polarized about this game! haha

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
im about 8 hours in now. the story is kinda ok so far! i just have a few problems with its design right now... i HATE that the party is split into 2 "teams" right now DX dishing out a continous flow of damage with 2 characters is almost impossible... oh and odin is a joke XD he looks cool and his transformation sequence is ok but he doesnt dish out enough damage to justify the fact that you have to spend 3 TP to summon him... using him is fun though and his defensive skills are neat, too if he isnt in gestalt mode! the eidolons definitely add a nice change to the battle system from time to time!

Stargazer Bleu

I think if it wasn't labeled "Final Fantasy" I think it'd be just as good on its own legs and that counts way more to me than a brand, you know? Of course, YMMV, as always, everyone gets different things out of a game. I guess that's why people are so polarized about this game! haha

I agree if it was called something else besides Final Fantasy prob would of been recived better. Ppl hear FF and expect a certain thing.

I just got to chap 8. The story is really starting to pick up nicely now. Begening to use the battle system a lot better now too. Changing paradigm countless times to take advantage of full atb bars in other modes when i finish using them in one.

Faux23

god's illegitimate son
ok made it to grand pulse about two days ago "25 hours in", would have posted sooner but i couldn't stop playing. finally what i've been waiting for giant open maps, side quests, and monsters that range from norm, hard, and too damn big to fit on screen ^.^
I am now super happy with the game, granted their still whining about Sarah. I was told these weapons evolve when does this happen their like lvl 25 and thats just the ones I've always used, each guy has 3/4 other weapons i still need to lvl, not to mention accessory.

Fuh

Well, I'm new to games, but what I've played so far, I've enjoyed so far. But that being said, I've really only played Ratchet and Clank, and Heavy Rain... But maybe I just liked all the super prettiness!!

Stargazer Bleu

got to chap 10 and finialy can make my own Party set up. I can use who ever i want. Now i wonder how long till it makes me use what they want again.

to me is more like a slower paced action game than a rpg.