• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Fighting fit to squash the pathowogen

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
Am I the only one that has always had problems putting on weight? I've always been underweight no matter what I did. It seems the more I eat the lower weight I'll be the next day. If I eat more than normal I'll be lighter the following day. Eat less the heavier I will be. It is fucking weird! I've been using weight machines for years and maybe put on what? 10 pounds? So its almost like I can't do sports or swim or anything else I like doing because then bye bye weight.
*sad sigh*
Well... maybe I am just supposed to barely be over triple digits.

No. I struggle with that too.

How tall are you?

Fallowfox

Hmm. What type of weight do you want to gain?

My goal at the moment is 65kg. I began the year on 58kg- which meant I was underweight- but now I'm 61kg.

A european man of my height, age and activity level would normally be expected to be between 62 and 83 kg.

ssaannttoo

Joy Boi
Well there are 2 big things that affect your weight. Fat and Muscle. Depending on what you are trying to achieve there are different courses of action.

Fallowfox

Which would you like to get more of?

Muscle; I'm not interested in having any insulation because the summers are hot enough! ;D

I've been doing exercises and lifting boxes of rocks to help put more weight on. I got down to a low weight in the first place because I spent a lot of time being stressed at the start of the coronavirus lockdown.

ssaannttoo

Joy Boi
I've been doing exercises and lifting boxes of rocks to help put more weight on. I got down to a low weight in the first place because I spent a lot of time being stressed at the start of the coronavirus lockdown.
A lot of loosing or gaining weight is eating. Now this doesn't mean eat loads of random things, but eating the right amount of stuff. Genetically some people are just meant to be skinny. I am 172 cm and weigh 65 kgs. To gain muscle I recommend eating proteins. Real proteins not any powders or steroids or any weird chemical stuff. You need to drink milk and eat eggs and lean meat.

ssaannttoo

Joy Boi
Pushups generally work the bicep which is used to punch. To make a punch stronger you will also want to work triceps, obliques, and your calfs.

Fallowfox

A lot of loosing or gaining weight is eating. Now this doesn't mean eat loads of random things, but eating the right amount of stuff. Genetically some people are just meant to be skinny. I am 172 cm and weigh 65 kgs. To gain muscle I recommend eating proteins. Real proteins not any powders or steroids or any weird chemical stuff. You need to drink milk and eat eggs and lean meat.

I don't actually eat meat, so that's certainly part of my challenge. ;3

I am eating a lot of nuts, chickpeas, that sort of thing. I like Mediterranean and North African kinds of foods, so it's not too difficult to add them in!

ssaannttoo

Joy Boi
Some nuts have a bunch of protein in them, but they also have oils which may increase your fat ratio. I recommend toasting nuts before you eat them to help reduce their oil content. You should also add seeds such as sunflower or pumpkin seeds, they have a bunch of nutrients that are helpful for maintaining your body.

reptile logic

An imposter among aliens.
I am certainly not doing enough physical activity, lately. Weight gain and a general sense of listlessness have set in. Though most of my day involves physical movement, it is seldom strenuous. I'm back to walking. Will likely switch back to bicycling in a week or two.

ssaannttoo

Joy Boi
You don't really need to do a tad of exercise a day, just getting up and moving at all is good for your body cause it gets your blood pumping so your body can properly clean itself. Sleep does much of the same thing by removing toxic particles in your cells.

Fallowfox

The British regulators are discussing new rules about fast-food advertising because of the effect of fitness on survival of the virus.

I therefore take full credit for these developments because of my thread. :}

Fallowfox

Out of interest how do people rate their alcohol consumption since lockdown?

Increased? Decreased?

I used to only drink alcohol on weekends. Now I drink it every 2-3 days. I take break days in between to make sure it doesn't climb too high.

Saokymo

Art Cookie
Out of interest how do people rate their alcohol consumption since lockdown?

Increased? Decreased?

I used to only drink alcohol on weekends. Now I drink it every 2-3 days. I take break days in between to make sure it doesn't climb too high.

My consumption has stayed more or less the same - a beer or glass of wine with dinner every other night or so, with the occasional “screw it Imma get soused” night.