• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Fighting fit to squash the pathowogen

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
My consumption has stayed more or less the same - a beer or glass of wine with dinner every other night or so, with the occasional “screw it Imma get soused” night.
Soused as a skunk.

MrSpookyBoots

Batto with a Bad Leg ;'(
Out of interest how do people rate their alcohol consumption since lockdown?

Increased? Decreased?

I used to only drink alcohol on weekends. Now I drink it every 2-3 days. I take break days in between to make sure it doesn't climb too high.
Decreased. I used to drink almost every weekend, but with health officials advising not to go out when it's not necessary, it's been like...every other weekend when I drink. I'd say about two weekends a month.

Firuthi Dragovic

Gamer Dragon, former speedrunner
Out of interest how do people rate their alcohol consumption since lockdown?

Increased? Decreased?

I used to only drink alcohol on weekends. Now I drink it every 2-3 days. I take break days in between to make sure it doesn't climb too high.

Increased, ever so slightly.

Then again, I'd just gotten to the point when I was trying to restrict my drinking to a maximum 3 times a YEAR (which is only going to decrease to 0-1 per year when I've got my own place). I basically did my second designated drinking time two months early.

D

Domjoe414

Sally! great workout, and it's pretty quick. I wouldn't do it as your whole workout, but if you do it every night it massively increases fitness.
If you get to a point during the workout when you're about to give out (happens to everyone), instead of just flopping on the ground, plank.

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
Well, excessive is something that is unique for each individual and your goals. I am a Martial Artist, therefore my workout routine focuses on repetition and flexibility over brute strength.

On a normal day I would do
10-15 Minutes of stretching:
Stretching is one of the best things you can do for your body, especially before working out, but don't over do it. I am a bit more flexible than the average male because I have been doing it for years, you must listen to your body. When you stretch you should feel a slight twinge of pain, this means you are stretching your body slightly past where you can comfortably go. This is when you are improving. If you feel too much pain slowly pull out of what you are doing, if you move too fast then you may cause even more injury. I do full body stretching stagnant and dynamic stretching (ie. not moving and moving around while stretching) but you should stretch whatever feels the most sore or what part of your body you plan on working the most for your work out session.
-30 Seconds of Push ups:
start with regular push ups with your palms flat on the ground about where your shoulders should be and bending your arms 90 degrees. If you want a harder push up try knuckle push ups. To do these correctly you need to only have your pointer and middle finger knuckles in contact with the ground.
-30 Seconds of Sit ups:
There are 3 versions you could do. 1 is the easiest you lay flat on your back and you bend your knees so that your feet are flat on the floor, you cross your arms infant of your chest (never behind your head, this pulls your neck out of alignment) and pull your body up until your torso is perpendicular with the floor. 2 are mummy sit ups, instead of bending your knees you put them out straight and cross your arms over your chest like a mummy. the 3rd is the hardest, instead of crossing your arms over your chest, you make "finger guns" with your hands and put them on the sides of your temple and do a sit up. But this time instead of going back down once you have gotten perpendicular to the floor you twist your upper body 90 degrees in both directions before going back down.
-30 seconds of squats:
There are 2 versions of squats. 1 is where you have your knees slightly further apart than your shoulders, or where ever feels comfortable and you bend your knees 90 degrees. the second is jump squats, I don't recommend doing this if you have a knee or foot injury, because if you land incorrectly you will injure yourself more. When you go down for the squat you do the same as a regular squat, but when you come up you move your arms upwards as well to help push yourself off of the ground. When you land you should land on the balls of your feet, not flat footed. If you land flat footed this will damage your knees.
-30 Seconds of Leg drops:
Leg drops are a little harder to do. you lay down flat on the floor on your back with your legs extended outwards. You place your palms flat on the floor kinda off to the side of your hips to stabilize yourself. you then keep your legs straight and raise them upwards until they are perpendicular with the floor. The next step is optional. You can add a crunch to it, all you gotta do is lift your hips off the ground

This should be one rep, I tend to do at least 5 reps if im not feeling so well, but generally i do 10-15. This is completely modular, you could change up the times or number of reps to fit your needs. fitness is not a sprint finish it is something you work towards slowly and painfully. Everybody works at their own pace and that is what makes working out an art and you just need to find your style!

Lastly but not least, i do 15-20 minutes of cool down stretching, doing this will help flush the lactic acid out of your body. Doing this will make you less sore the next day!

Sorry for the long post, I wanted to get everything together in once place so people who want to follow along could do so easily. If you have any questions about the above workout or have any other questions don't hesitate to ask, I'd be more than happy to assist you!

Gosh, you must be one fit fox!

Mr. Fox

Cheeseburger Pride
I only have one question: Are you bald yet???

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
I only have one question: Are you bald yet???

Mr. Fox

Cheeseburger Pride
Such shine.
Very mirror.

May the power of the Saitma be with you.

Yakamaru

Evil Woffer-chan
I don't do workouts unless like 9-10 hours of walking at work counts. XD

Yakamaru

Evil Woffer-chan
Average pace. Lots of carrying, lifting, etc tho.

So ye, I am very active on a daily basis. About 24k steps a day.

Yakamaru

Evil Woffer-chan
I think surfing counts. I've never been surfing, but I imagine it's hard.
Surfing is fun but hard. Tried it when I visited Florida years back.

Yakamaru

Evil Woffer-chan
It's not that hard. It just takes practice and repetition.
I am Norwegian, so not used to like, being on the water like that. xD