• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Fighting fit to squash the pathowogen

Yakamaru

Darn tootin'
I hate being in the water. Being on it is kinda bad, but being in it is worse. I have this fear something is gonna jump out and eat me.
What about pools? They are fun. I spent like, half my time in Florida in that bloody pool.

While drinking ice cold Smirnoff Ice Apple. Good lord that Smirnoff was good.

Yakamaru

Darn tootin'
I'm Californian lol. We get decent waves so I surf a lot. The water is freezing, but probably not as cold as it is in Norway haha
Aye, we can get freezing temps.

Never been fond of swimming or bathing in the sea tho.

Monosuki the Aurian

Kyu the Braixen
So then, we must keep active and fit to repel the likes of the evil pathogen huh? Well, guess I'm in the good boat!

My parents have always told me that exercise is important, and before I did true exercise, I used to do P.E. in High School, no longer since the tracks are closed, due to the school being closed.

So, I improvised.

Instead of running, I converted to a daily workout, and it is BRUTAL to say the least! But brutal in a good way, because it keeps you feeling active and healthy!

I dubbed it Seal Team Regime (STR)

The workout consists of the following:

25 fist push ups, A style of push ups that require you to make a fist, place them vertically on the ground, keep the legs spread, yet feet aligned, and go down, then back up, on your fists. It tightens the core, and you'd feel it when you go down.)

50 Sit-ups.

50 Mountain Climbers

30 Sit-ups

1 Minute Plank

50 Scissors

25 Elevated push-ups

50 Squats

50 Lunges

15 Burpees

20 High Knee Touches, (Basically you lift one leg up, and the other, but bouncing almost, and you must bring your knees up high to where they touch your hands, waist level at best)

10 Five Second in Place Squats, (Basically a squat, but you hold it for five seconds before going back up.)

And lastly, a cooldown stretch, with centered core breathing, aura balancing, and restoration of one's chi. It's helpful after the workout, and really soothes one's mind and calms them.

Then after the cooldown, it's right on to 10 minute meditation. Truly the honorable way to relax after such workouts.

And lo and behold, it's working perfectly! Energy is just as perky, I can lift many heavy things, and I'm finally able to deal with that beast of a puppy German Shepherd!

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
So, how has everybody's workouts been going?

125 press-ups, 25 at an elevated angle
125 sit-ups, 50 of which with weights
100 squats
80 side bends
50 lifts of weights for each arm

takes 30 minutes each day

Fallowfox

I never actually checked with the staff about whether it would be okay in this thread for people to share progress photographs, but I don't know whether people would have an appetite for doing that anyway.

ConorHyena

nazi hunter
Surfing in reefs is the best. Good waves and interesting rocks.

agreed. Back when I still went to the UK regularely we surfed a very nice reef just like, two miles from my parent's house.

sadly, if I do this now, I'll propably wipeout and get obliterated, I haven't stood on a board in like, two years.

Other than that, on topic, the workout's been working, sort of. My eating habits don't help, I keep losing the weight I gained so ... *shrug*

At least my progress on the bike is agreeable, 50km mountainbiking works withotu me falling apart + my lung function has increased massively.

Fallowfox

agreed. Back when I still went to the UK regularely we surfed a very nice reef just like, two miles from my parent's house.

sadly, if I do this now, I'll propably wipeout and get obliterated, I haven't stood on a board in like, two years.

Other than that, on topic, the workout's been working, sort of. My eating habits don't help, I keep losing the weight I gained so ... *shrug*

At least my progress on the bike is agreeable, 50km mountainbiking works withotu me falling apart + my lung function has increased massively.

You had some really good muscle progress the last time we talked.

VeeStars

uh I can explain?

how much is 50km in freedom units plz

Fallowfox

Get ready for second wave.