• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Fighting fit to squash the pathowogen

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
I checked with the staff first before posting, to ensure image was suitable- I suggest if anybody else is going to post a pic they check the upload policy- because that's the document I was referred to.

That's my degree of progress at the moment, and I recently doubled the daily lifting that I do, in the hope of continuing to get fitter.

ssaannttoo

Joy Boi
I checked with the staff first before posting, to ensure image was suitable- I suggest if anybody else is going to post a pic they check the upload policy- because that's the document I was referred to.

That's my degree of progress at the moment, and I recently doubled the daily lifting that I do, in the hope of continuing to get fitter.
Very nice! Very good progress!

The_biscuits_532

Tiny Demon Catto
I've lost 6kg since the pandemic started

HOWEVER

I also don't really work out apart from like, walking everywhere (I suck at driving)

The main force behind my weight loss is that I moved out of my parents house for University so suddenly I'm paying for my own food and being responsible for my own cooking.

And I swear to god not eating out of sheer apathy is sooo easy.

I should try and find a happy medium after lockdown lifts and I can go back to my accommodation (it came into affect whilst I was visiting parents so back to the old routine). I'd like to not starve to death but I'd also like to maintain my new weight, since before I was bordering overweight

Fallowfox

I have an Xpole in my house since I used to dance, and it makes excersize a lot less tedious and more fun.

I need to ask for more clarity on what an Xpole is.

I've lost 6kg since the pandemic started

HOWEVER

I also don't really work out apart from like, walking everywhere (I suck at driving)

The main force behind my weight loss is that I moved out of my parents house for University so suddenly I'm paying for my own food and being responsible for my own cooking.

And I swear to god not eating out of sheer apathy is sooo easy.

I should try and find a happy medium after lockdown lifts and I can go back to my accommodation (it came into affect whilst I was visiting parents so back to the old routine). I'd like to not starve to death but I'd also like to maintain my new weight, since before I was bordering overweight

By the by, food always tastes better when you've made it yourself. Well, if it takes an hour longer than you expected and you're super hungry by the time you get to it. ;}

FaroraSF

I'm only 5 pounds away from getting back to my pre-covid weight, then I gotta work on getting the rest of the fat turned into muscle....

Zara the Hork-Bajir

The OP mentioned he was doing the Saitma workout, if anyone is interested in other superhero workout routines I would recommend the Bioneer youtube channel, he goes through a bunch of workout routines for different fictional characters and other workout routines on his website.

metaphysics

I get on a stationary bike and just do that for 40 minutes at a time, at least every 2 days, ideally. It's in our garden so it doubles as nice "outside" time with fresh air, tree leaves, and bird sounds audible even with music on. I have a regular bike too (well not really regular since it's a folding bike, but y'know what I mean), but since getting shortness of breath/fatigue issues after some illnesses last autumn, I've stuck with the stationary for safety reasons (especially since I get short of breath every time I'm even remotely hungry, so I require a lot of fuel :/ ).
I lift weights sometimes, but it's not as big of a priority for me since aerobic exercise does more for my energy and circulation - if I skip biking for a week, I get leg pain from poor blood circulation (I have had issues with blood pressure/sugar/fainting in the past); skipping lifting doesn't affect me nearly as much. I could definitely prioritize it more though, since I lack upper body strength...

Zara the Hork-Bajir

I've added a 2 mile run into my daily routine. I started with a 1 mile run, and then after I got used to that I've increased it to 2 miles.
Nice, always good to train cardio, 2 miles is pretty good distance for every day. Are you still doing 100 pushups, situps and squats a day, if so do you mind if I ask how many sets it takes to get to 100 or can you do them in one set?

Fallowfox

Nice, always good to train cardio, 2 miles is pretty good distance for every day. Are you still doing 100 pushups, situps and squats a day, if so do you mind if I ask how many sets it takes to get to 100 or can you do them in one set?

I do 125 pushups and situps a day, 100 squats.

I do them in 4 sets of 25 pushups, situps, squats and leg-raises,
and then 1 additional set of pushups, situps and lifting.

Fallowfox

When you do your sets do you do them all at once or spread them throughout the day?
All at once. I do my run and 4 sets of 5 minutes of lifting throughout the rest of the day between my work.
It stops me sitting down for too long, so I avoid getting back ache.