• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Main Site Filter galleries and favourites by content type (stories/art/photography etc)

The advanced search has an option to filter results based on the type of content. Using that filter, you can limit the search results to only include stories, or only include visual art, and I find that feature really useful.

Is it possible to do the same when viewing a user's gallery, or when viewing their favourites?

(Or rather, I'm pretty sure it's not possible, but I think it would be a really valuable feature if we can manage to add it.)

The background on this is that I'm usually much more interested in finding stories than pictures, but stories can be in the minority on FA. Something I'd really like to be able to do is go to my favourite authors, and see what their favourite stories are.

Unfortunately the favourites galleries are usually mostly images (because FA is mostly images). It's hard to trawl through the galleries or the favourites page and identify all the story content, particularly because you can't always tell which is which from the thumbnails. Stories often have some artwork for the thumbnail, so they look indistinguishable from the other content until you click through.

Lutro

Writer
You can accomplish this at least partially by putting "@lower artist_name_here" at the end of your search queries.

So if you were searching for tea parties, you'd put "tea parties @lower lutro", then use the search options to filter it down to stories only, then lutro's gallery will be searched for tea parties, only considering stories.

You can accomplish this at least partially by putting "@lower artist_name_here" at the end of your search queries.

So if you were searching for tea parties, you'd put "tea parties @lower lutro", then use the search options to filter it down to stories only, then lutro's gallery will be searched for tea parties, only considering stories.

Thanks! That'll help on the galleries at least.

quoting_mungo

Unfortunately the favourites galleries are usually mostly images (because FA is mostly images). It's hard to trawl through the galleries or the favourites page and identify all the story content, particularly because you can't always tell which is which from the thumbnails. Stories often have some artwork for the thumbnail, so they look indistinguishable from the other content until you click through.
Because of how the switch to larger thumbnails was implemented, it didn’t include stories, so you should actually be able to tell by the size of the thumbnail - stories will all have smaller thumbnails than art (possibly excepting very small art submissions like icons - I can’t recall offhand how those thumbnail).