• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE IS CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Imperial Impact

The Imperial Juicer

Fernin

6150 rpm and spinning.

yell0w_f0x

~Foxy loves oreo~
Dude. Dude. Think about it: Fully animated and voiced Nanaki.
Oh yes! This is the very reason I want a final fantasy 7 remake!

But seeing as how this one of the most requested remakes ever is Finally coming out, what'll people ask for now?

The most requested sequel. Lol. Final fantasy tactics 2!

Ratical

The most requested sequel. Lol. Final fantasy tactics 2!

FFVII was the most requested remake, but as far as sequels go FFT2 would be Final FANTASTIC. Matsuno would have to come back to work on it, though. I'd buy the heck out of it. The. Heck.

FFT got sort of a remake on PSP, which was great aside from the slowdown. Botched port, but the game underneath is still wonderful.

Imperial Impact

The Imperial Juicer
Do you enjoy being passive aggressive with no meaningful explanation of your claim?
Are you saying you didn't enjoy that dolphin throwing Cloud 50 meters up to a platform?
Are you saying you didn't enjoy that one bitchfight?
Are you saying you didn't enjoy that one time Nanaki was walking/wobbling on two feet while he's a disguise as a Shinya grunt?
Are you saying you didn't enjoy that one time where Sephiroth kills the snake?
Are you saying you didn't enjoy the gold saucer bits?
Are you saying you didn't enjoy Aerith smart mouthing people?
Are you saying you didn't enjoy Don corneo and gay gym?

ShioBear

EH b0sss
Banned
Are you saying you didn't enjoy that dolphin throwing Cloud 50 meters up to a platform?
Are you saying you didn't enjoy that one bitchfight?
Are you saying you didn't enjoy that one time Nanaki was walking/wobbling on two feet while he's a disguise as a Shinya grunt?
Are you saying you didn't enjoy that one time where Sephiroth kills the snake?
Are you saying you didn't enjoy the gold saucer bits?
Are you saying you didn't enjoy Aerith smart mouthing people?
Are you saying you didn't enjoy Don corneo and gay gym?
shit game

Imperial Impact

The Imperial Juicer
shit game
2vvv0qq.gif

Stratelier

Think about it: Fully animated and voiced Nanaki.
They'd probably doe the FF4DS thing and give every character fixed names to suit the voice acting. Otherwise Nanaki is the only character who'll get to be identified by name (which is kind of cool in a sense, but seriously).

I definitely would not mind another chance to see Red in action (insert Orwellian legs joke here), I just ... don't have the hype for it, y'know?

Last edited by a moderator:

Cyanomega

I'm sure I'm in the minority on this, but FF7 is, for me, the start of the decline of the series. To me, it's when they started to ditch the "fantasy" element. Sure, there was still Magic, however it had a "scientific" explanation. Lore and legend seem to be reduced to explainable phenomenon and half true "old wives tales". Don't get me wrong, since ff1 there have been sci-fi elements to all the games. This isn't a tech vs magic kind of a thing, it's a tech overtakes magic thing. I think ff6 handled it best in that regard. Not to say I didn enjoy 7, it's just that my anticipation for each upcoming game just seemed to dwindle. All in all I'm still a fan of the series, just not exited for any new additions or remakes(God knows I've given them all a shot) not that it has any bearing in this thread but my top 3 ff games(not including tactics, I cant Sophie's choice those games, I love them all) are 1) ff 6 2) ff 5 3) ff 1

Stratelier

I'm sure I'm in the minority on this, but FF7 is, for me, the start of the decline of the series. To me, it's when they started to ditch the "fantasy" element.

Yeah, I guess it was kind of a turning point in terms of setting. Yes, FF6 had a bit of scifi tech in it but that was mostly the Empire's province. FF7 starts you off front and center in a modern metropolitan dystopia, against enemies with ACTUAL GUNS for the most part.

Cyanomega

@StrataDrake yea, that's pretty much what I'm talking about. Don't get me wrong, their are games with heavy science over fantasy that I love to death( wild arms, xenogears, phantasy star and star ocean to name a few ) I just always grouped ff into fantasy over science( which is kind of my preference) I like both types, but favor one over the other.

yell0w_f0x

~Foxy loves oreo~
I'm sure I'm in the minority on this, but FF7 is, for me, the start of the decline of the series. To me, it's when they started to ditch the "fantasy" element. Sure, there was still Magic, however it had a "scientific" explanation. Lore and legend seem to be reduced to explainable phenomenon and half true "old wives tales". Don't get me wrong, since ff1 there have been sci-fi elements to all the games. This isn't a tech vs magic kind of a thing, it's a tech overtakes magic thing. I think ff6 handled it best in that regard. Not to say I didn enjoy 7, it's just that my anticipation for each upcoming game just seemed to dwindle. All in all I'm still a fan of the series, just not exited for any new additions or remakes(God knows I've given them all a shot) not that it has any bearing in this thread but my top 3 ff games(not including tactics, I cant Sophie's choice those games, I love them all) are 1) ff 6 2) ff 5 3) ff 1

But ix was full on magic and knights and shit
x was all about the summoner and their quest to take out sin. (I actually haven't finished 10 yet but I found that magic plays more of a role there than the tech)
XiI was in the same setting as tactics with the ivalice alliance thing going on. And bangaa.

Last edited:

Cyanomega

Oh I loved 9. To me it was a return to the series roots. 10 was alright, but it still felt off to me( don't even get me started on 10 - 2 ) but it's all subjective on my part. As I've said, I prefer a more fantasy based FF. I'm in no way against or adverse to a science based rpg. If you want, you can look at it as I'm just a old foggie who refuses to take of his nostalgia glasses and move on/progress. Also, 10 was more post apocalyptic fantasy relm built off the ruins of science( in my opinion anyway )
as for 12 ....... It was better than 13 1 - 3 ? ....... Not saying much but still?

Last edited:

Stratelier

But ix was full on magic and knights and shit
And that was part of the charm. It wasn't technology in an easily-comparable-to-boring-real-life manner. Sure, FF7 and FF8 had magic and summons too, but their settings (especially in the early game) were, well ... too modern.

Last edited by a moderator:

yell0w_f0x

~Foxy loves oreo~
I'm not arguing that 9 wasn't good. In fact I do love 9. After 7, 9 is my favorite numbered game. And I don't like 12 that much.

What I was getting at was that Cyanomega mentioning they started ditching the fantasy element starting 7 when 9 was full on magic, 10 focused on magic, and 12 has the same setting as tactics (set in the medieval times). So I'm don't think they were really ditching the fantasy element. Hell even 11 and 14 are all magic and fantasy. So basically all that's modern are just the 3 numbered games 7, 8 and 13 as well as the up coming 15.

Cyanomega

Well, like I said it's all subjective on my part. Never said they completely ditched the fantasy element for all new games in the series, just that science seemed to take the forefront, like what I said about ff 10(more so in 10 - 2) the only ff games I could never truly get in to were the ff 13 trilogy(God knows I've tried, own and beaten them) Hell, I even enjoyed mystic quest and the ff gameboy games.

Astrium

King of the Noodles
I would say that Type-0 is pretty much an even mix of magic and tech. Although it has a shared mythology with XIII, so take that as you will. They actually have the equivalent of a nuke called an "ultima bomb" that's capable of wiping out entire nations.

Ratical

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/06/17/final-fantasy-vii-remake-will-have-more-work-done-to-its-story/

Few updates:
- The remake began development a little bit before the FF7 port (if they mean the PC version then that's around 2013).
- It will have some changes/additions to the story. They say their goal is the make the game better than the original.
- More info probably won't come out until next winter, along with possibly a finalized title.

So it's not gonna be a 1:1 conversion, but most of the original game will probably be there. I'm just wondering how they'll handle the battle/materia system.

yell0w_f0x

~Foxy loves oreo~
From what I've read so far, it seems that they will be revamping the battle system for this. I kinda like the atb battle system of 13. So I'm rather curious on how they'll incorporate the material system into it.

Also I'm sure they'll be working a lot on fixing those plot holes. And how they'll handle nanaki'S weapon. Im not sure if they'll stick with combs there.