• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Final Fantasy 7 series

Which of these Final Fantasy 7 you own or tend to buy

• Original Final Fantasy 7

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Advent Children

• Before Crisis

• Crisis Core

• Dirge Of Cerberus

• The Merchandise

• All above

• None I'm not into FF games

• None but I tend to buy or try some/all

• Total voters
(WARNING) THIS THREAD CONTAINS SPOILERS THAT YOU MIGHT NOT KNOW OF YET SO IF YOU LIKE TO KEEP IT A SECRET THEN DON'T READ ALL OF THIS

I thought I'd start a thread about the whole Final Fantasy 7 games n film since its one of the best games of all time and one of the two final fantasy games with actual sequals (Kingdom hearts doesn't count here).

I've always loved the original Final Fantasy 7 game for the PSX even though its so old still I think its a great game and it deserved a bunch of sequals to.

The biggest reason why I wanted to start this thread is cause of this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnGzDIDgfdY&mode=related&search= .

Its not confirmed that this Video will become a remake of the original Final Fantasy 7 game this video was created as a simulation of what the PS1 game would be if it was on the PS3, I have my fingers crossed that this game will be remade for the PS3, I still love the original but I'd rather hear voices than reading to much text you know XD.

On youtube.com you can search for all the trailers for the FF7 sequals, Crisis Core (for the PSP) and Before Crisis (OMFG on your mobile phone) but some people say since they saw the trailer of, Before Crisis it might become a anime movie to, most fans would prefer this as either a PSP/console game/a movie.... Crisis core will be the least played Final Fantasy game ever, but thats me babling there.

Crisis Core however is gonna be realesed only for the PSP where you play as a soldier named, Zack who was Cloud's friend who died and you also get to meet, Aerith, Cloud and Sephiroth to.

I think most/all final fantasy fans on FA by now already must have seen the film Advent Children, its the best anime film I've seen also best CG graphics ever. Unlike the Spirits within, film which was a load of crap cause the film does relate to any of the final fantasy storylines.

Last thing to review right now is "Dirge Of Cerberus" *sigh* It has a great storyline of Vincents past 30 years ago to the present day which took place 1 year after the Advent Children movie, but the game play was awful, the controls feel more like a FPS game than a action game also in this game you don't have a, Limit Break Bar like in the original FF7 game, so if you want to use powerful attacks you have to use the item "Limit Breaker" in order to transform and use stronger attacks which is fucking stupid cause that makes the game more easier that way, also the game is about 12 chapters long and the game is very easy to beat even the final boss wasn't that great : really. Square Enix should reconsider trying to become a hotshot with action games n stick to thier RPG style untill they can become good as/better than Devil May Cry.... oh not to forget that Nanaki only appears in the ending cutsceen for 2 seconds and never speaks (argh!) but still you meet the other cast and they speak alot though.

Apart from the bad bits about this game here are the good bits, For once Cait Sith isn't riding on anything and he is playable in one of the chapters it was very funny and suprising that I ended up playing as him, Vincent can get weapon upgrades can switch between upgrades to suit a situation especialy sniping, also his transformations are great but why use a item to use a limit attack though?

Correct me if I get anything wrong with any chapters of Final Fantasy here.

It may not directly indicate a remake alone, but look around. Final Fantasys 3 and 4 were re-released recently with upgraded graphics, there are talks of number 5 being re-released state-side sometime early 2007, they have been pushing the envelope of rpg graphics for the past decade. If they don't remake it, they will be making a big mistake. It was (and I personally still consider it to be) the pinnacle of the series.

Sure square-enix/square-soft has made a few mistakes in the past (duely noted with the movie "Spirts Within") but at least they have learned that popularity does not always sell.

I do wish they would re-make one game though that isn't directly "Final Fantasy" related. "Ehrgeiz: God Bless the Ring" KICKED ASS. I mean, who wouldn't want to try the epic battle of Cloud VS Sephiroth with a good buddy?

Rasiel Draconis said:
I do wish they would re-make one game though that isn't directly "Final Fantasy" related. "Ehrgeiz: God Bless the Ring" KICKED ASS. I mean, who wouldn't want to try the epic battle of Cloud VS Sephiroth with a good buddy?

You've played that game I'm very jealous even though its old I really wanted to play that game, how many fighters can you play as in the game?

From Final Fantasy? Or in general?

From Final Fantasy:
Cloud
Sephiroth
Tifa
Zack

In General:
There were about 20 something characters, most of which I no longer remember their names.

I'm sorry to hear that you never played it, I do however have some good news for you. Over at www.emuparadise.org they have a decent playstation emulator and the iso for the game. Just be warned that they split it up into about 8 to 10 parts, and you will need winrar or something that can reconstitute .rar files to unzip and piece it back together.

Rasiel Draconis said:
From Final Fantasy? Or in general?

From Final Fantasy:
Cloud
Sephiroth
Tifa
Zack

In General:
There were about 20 something characters, most of which I no longer remember their names.

I'm sorry to hear that you never played it, I do however have some good news for you. Over at www.emuparadise.org they have a decent playstation emulator and the iso for the game. Just be warned that they split it up into about 8 to 10 parts, and you will need winrar or something that can reconstitute .rar files to unzip and piece it back together.
I'll try the PS1 emulator but I've heard its not as easy as n64, megadrive and snes but I can give that emulator a shot later, thanks.

I'm more interested in Final Fantasy characters here so yes they are the ones I wanted to know, is here any other popular game characters in it to?

Kiniel

http://www.ffcompendium.com/h/ehrgeiz.shtml

There's actually a bunch of FF stuff in Ehrgeiz. A lot of it just needs unlocking.

Just ran the iso, I don't remember any of the hidden characters other then Zack, but here is the basic roster:

Han Daehan
Jo
Yoko Yoko
Godhand
Lee Shuwen
Dasher Inoba
Sasuke
Prince Doza
Cloud Strife
Tifa Lockheart
Sephiroth

You can probably find the rest of the roster online. I'm not too certain who of the list is popular and who isn't. All I know is that some are from "japan only" games.

goat

agreed with hanawaza. FF6 or 4 are the best imo.

they need to fucking let FF7 die and make some shit dealing with ANOTHER ff other than 7. god im tired of that fanservice bullshit

Taralack

Hit 'em right between the eyes
I just bought Dirge of Cerberus recently, it's actually my first FF7 game because I never played the original FF7, Before Crisis is only available in Japan as everyone knows, and Crisis Core isn't out yet... so DoC it is. I actually thought it was okay... the controls are iffy, yes, but I got used to them. I don't normally play FPSs so it felt okay. I only hate the auto save stuff though, I'm stuck at one stage because the two save points are so far from each other and... bleh.

About Crisis Core, I was planning to get a PSP just for that game. XP Plus, I think Gackt may be a playable character in CC. Uh... IIRC.

Advent Children was fuckin' awesome. I love the animation, despite the crazy physics they have in FF-verse. I only have a DVD rip copy on kvcd, so I was thinking of getting the real thing... it is very seldom that I own a genuine DVD, so this is really saying something. XP

I think a remake of FF7 would be awesome, especially if now that the 3d animation has progressed so far... plus I'd get an opportunity to play it! But I think the fandom is pretty much split over this, I read a forum post on Gamespot (I think it was) and some people didn't like the idea of a remake very much.

Foxstar

lol reggin
Hanazawa said:
Your poll is missing the "I like Final Fantasy, but not really FF7" option D:

Yes it is. I remember FF7 for two things, first CD based FF and the fact that it's the biggest RPG bandwagon ever. I mean..ever. Can't blame SE from milking the idiot fans though.

Hanazawa said:
Your poll is missing the "I like Final Fantasy, but not really FF7" option D:

I know I didn't want it there, if someone doesn't like FF7 but likes the others then don't vote cause the poll is related to FF7 only the main point of this thread is Final Fantasy 7, its sequals and prequal to.

Nothing else it is really that simple if you don't like FF7 then don't come here thats my message to anyone that doesn't like FF7.

I do love the FF7 world but Square-Enix need to stop milking it, particularly with putting Sephiroth in every single one of them. The guy must be knackered at this stage. I say the only spin-off that should be considered in future is a re-make of the original FF7 for PS3, or whatever next-gen console they support.

diarmaidhuthence said:
I say the only spin-off that should be considered in future is a re-make of the original FF7 for PS3, or whatever next-gen console they support.

No complaint from me if/when they do it. Although some of the "mysterious past" stuff is nice to know. I know of only a few games that truly go into the past of characters (FF7 included) without it just being a breif stint or vague memory. More and more they just seem to use the "fate predestined this to happen 999.99 years after a prediction of doom and gloom". It gets kinda old after a while. And it keeps appearing more and more in new rpgs.

A game that would truly be interesting, final fantasy related or not, would be something that does not hit a single point on the RPG cliche list ( http://project-apollo.net/text/rpg.html ). That would be a game to rewrite the books.

Sylvine

Hmh... I loved the original FF7, but... with the benefit of hindsight - especially after seeing Advent Children - I have to say maybe I was interpreting into the game something that was not there. None of the symbolism and twisted plot was apparently taken into consideration when making that movie; thus, I have to conclude that none of that was there in FF7 as well.

AC was just a silly action movie, with close to no depth whatsoever. Made me really sad. And the way things stand now, I'd rather wsh they would NOT remake FF7. Apart from some rather unremakable spots ( Wall Market, anyone? It won't work with better graphics ), they'll just add bits that'll ruin my fantasy [/pun] of a great game. Yeah, I'm an egoistic bastard, but I don't want it to happen. And remaking FF7 1:1, while a nice thought, would be also not very practical. If they have to make the physics of the game from the scratch, they might as well do something new - or at least add something new. Which definately will happen.

~Sylv