• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Final fantasy

Krasl

Rebel Wolf
Any final fantasy fans in the forum?

JMAA

Banned
Banned
Not to ruin the actual thread, but I think Final Fantasy is unbearably misunderstandable for me. I mean, there's tons of sequels and each one doesn't go accord their corresponding prequels for me, I'm much confused on the Final Fantasy saga.
So yeah, call me an asshole, but I prefer more the small sagas of just the original and one sequel, like Left 4 Dead.
Just my humble opinion, if this is much of a Final Fantasy discussion.

Willow

FAF's #1 Terrorist
Sucks that I missed out on most of the games..so I have to run around and find them...

I plan to get into the series (I also should go buy Advent Children...)
Because well...of the games that I've played part of, it's amazing

Aurali

Banned
Banned
Not to ruin the actual thread, but I think Final Fantasy is unbearably misunderstandable for me. I mean, there's tons of sequels and each one doesn't go accord their corresponding prequels for me, I'm much confused on the Final Fantasy saga.
So yeah, call me an asshole, but I prefer more the small sagas of just the original and one sequel, like Left 4 Dead.

they aren't sequels, they just have common elements.

I'm a huuuge final fantasy nut myself.. Getting a PS3 just for 13... (well, it'll have other purposes.. like my psp but :p)

Krasl

Rebel Wolf

no need to appologize.
it's kust your opinion, besides left for dead is pretty badass anyway. :)
p.s. not to be an ass, but I don't think there are many final fantasys that are prequels or sequels except for X-2 and some of the "Tactics" final fantasys.

Krasl

Rebel Wolf
Sucks that I missed out on most of the games..so I have to run around and find them...

I plan to get into the series (I also should go buy Advent Children...)
Because well...of the games that I've played part of, it's amazing

you seen the movie?

I'll fully admit I came across the franchise with 7, but 8 and 10-2 hold places dear to my hearts. I liked the junction system and the love theme.

10-2 was fun and a blast. It wasn't too serious and a fun departure. That and I'm a sucker for a love story. I cried at the 1000 Words video. I'm soft, I know.

Krasl

Rebel Wolf
Wow, you're are the FIRST person i've met that likes X-2 (not that that's a bad thing)!
Lol!
*shakes hand*

Digitalpotato

Rants like a Gryphon
I think I joined sometime around IV. Maybe that's why IV and IX are my favourite. XD

Krasl

Rebel Wolf
I think I joined sometime around IV. Maybe that's why IV and IX are my favourite. XD

Wow!
you knew where to start!
4 was exactly where it started getting good (in my opinion).
9 was great too, got stuck on it a few times, but it was great!

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
i call myself a fan of the series but in my opinion the games arent that good^^
the gameplay is superb most of the time but the newer titels are seriously lacking in the story department. final fantasy VIII for example is only a mediocre lovestory with massive plotholes! and VIIs story isnt that good either...
IX was awesome though, i really liked that one! the atmosphere, the gameplay, the story... that was a good game^^
X was unberable for me... i couldnt even finish it! DX i think i stopped playing it after about 10 hours.

i hope XIII will be better!^^

Stratelier

Wih very few exceptions (e.g. FFX-2 and FF4:After Years) each Final Fantasy game is a discrete, standalone narrative. Kinda like how most of the mainstream Mario games are standalone adventures themselves.

Krasl

Rebel Wolf
I'd have to say maybe 3. I'm positive I've played III, not sure on the others though, it's been a while since I've played one.

hm, 3 was good.
It's class selection was pretty cool too.

YokoWolf

Winter Wolf
I started when 9 came out. Friend bought it and asked me to play it. Very awesome and remains my favorite. Then I started playing the others. I just need 3-6 to find. Currently trying to get through number 2. Very slow progress.

Krasl

Rebel Wolf
I started when 9 came out. Friend bought it and asked me to play it. Very awesome and remains my favorite. Then I started playing the others. I just need 3-6 to find. Currently trying to get through number 2. Very slow progress.

lol, 2 was a little tricky. ^^

Willow

FAF's #1 Terrorist
they aren't sequels, they just have common elements.

I'm a huuuge final fantasy nut myself.. Getting a PS3 just for 13... (well, it'll have other purposes.. like my psp but :p)
Good thing it's coming out for the 360...

Imperial Impact

The Imperial Juicer
Nope.

Dragon Quest is superior.