• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Finally meetings wolves :3

Harbinger

The Last of Us.
Booked a keeper experience day at a wolf sanctuary this thursday, finally get to see my favorite animal :p
The day starts with cleaning and feeding, then finishes off with a group walk with tame wolves, gonna be awesome, i'll try not to fanboy too much :V
At work monday, picking up Destiny on xbox at midnight, booked tuesday and wednesday off to play, then im chillin with wolves thursday, gonna be shweet :3
Anyone else done anything like this?

WolfNightV4X1

King of Kawaii; That Token Femboy
Damn, I'm jealous!

I have never seen a real pureblooded wolf in real life...that needs to change sometime

KyryK

Well...you tried
Banned
I once hit a coyote with a car, does that count?
To anyone that's concerned about this post don't worry, Coyotes are abundant on the vast dusty plains of Ireland and are considered pests by the farmers there. The English actually used to refer to Coyotes as "Mick Foxes" in the 19th and early 20th centuries due to the creature's similar reputations. They frequently destroy the precious potato crops and kill livestock and wildlife, wreaking havoc to not only to Ireland's economy but to it's ecosystem as well. It's actually Irish law that if you see a Coyote you have to kill it so don't feel bad for the animal and don't hate Brazen just for being a law abiding citizen, he was only doing his patriotic duty.

Shadow Jaeger

set phasers to thrust
No the closest thing i have seen to a real wolf is a husky.

Although there was wolves in Scotland before they became extinct. There has been a large debate as to whenever as to we reintroduce them back due to having little plant life due to the deer having no predator.

Harbinger

The Last of Us.
No the closest thing i have seen to a real wolf is a husky.

Although there was wolves in Scotland before they became extinct. There has been a large debate as to whenever as to we reintroduce them back due to having little plant life due to the deer having no predator.

They were found all over the UK till a few hundred years ago when people wiped them out, same goes for Japan. Just look at the difference they made being reintroduced to yellowstone, would work here aswell, but people would just retardidly flip their shit and it'll probably never get the go ahead.

Bonobosoph

4 hands good 2 hands bad ;)
While it's not wolves for me, I share your excitement!
I see my favourite animals as often as I can, which is easy enough as apes are everywhere. I go to chester and twycross zoo as they are short train rides away and Howletts whenever I'm down south (bf lives there). I'm not big on zoos, but employees at the good zoos truly care about their charges and the apes make me feel ecstatically happy. I am respectful, I wait until there's no crowds and I don't impose myself on individuals, I just sit by the window for hours in awe. I have made a couple of buddies this way too. ^.^ The Twycross bonobo kids are the greatest, they are so friendly and I like playing chase with them through the glass.
The last time I went to Twycross zoo I was shaking and lightheaded from happiness.

Last edited:

Shadow Jaeger

set phasers to thrust
They were found all over the UK till a few hundred years ago when people wiped them out, same goes for Japan. Just look at the difference they made being reintroduced to yellowstone, would work here aswell, but people would just retardidly flip their shit and it'll probably never get the go ahead.

I dunno, maybe it might change with the referendum but the way things are now, your right.

GarthTheWereWolf

Captious Lycanthrope of Forum Legend
I've been to wolf sanctuary a few times before. The wolves were smaller than I expected them to be. They're pretty sweet V: You should have fun.

Hey, this Is great! Take some pics for us!

I second this.

Alpha_Wolph

Moved to another account
I'm jealous .^. post pics please.

Nataku

Shapeshifting alien dragon
Done anything like this?
Well being as I live with a wolfdog, yeah, I'd say I have. There's one sleeping about eight feet from me right now. I've also worked with various rehabs and rescues over the years, and also been the person who has been present to monitor (and assist if need be) quite a few wolf litters being born. I have also personally helped deliver more than sixty wolfdogs (obviously over multiple litters) to date. I don't breed them myself, but I know folks who do, and when you want someone with veterinary skills on hand in the home to deliver, I'm the one who gets called.
Enjoy the chin nibbles if you get any. It means they like you.

Yeesh people, get out more.
Even if its only been behind cages, I've seen oodles of creatures, including wolves. A wildlife sanctuary very close to where I live in my home town houses a few rescued wolves and other rescued animals. Most if not all of the animals there were rehabilitated and will either be released someday or sadly never be released again.
Some of the notable animals include a bald eagle with one eye and a three-legged white tailed buck.

I've seen them feed baby possums with a tiny bottle and it is still one of the cutest things I've ever seen.

But, I've also gone to a lot of other places and seen really cool animals. My favorite zoo exhibits are always the fish for some reason. The Underwater Adventure aquarium in the Mall of America is definitely the coolest fish tank I have ever seen, definitely worth visiting it or at least googling it.

When my favorite animals were tigers I got to see one. Didn't get my arm ripped off at least

Chuchi

Where'd the time go?
When I was in high school I volunteered with the local wildlife sanctuary. Got to go into the wolf enclosure when it was feeding time. Kind of intimidating, I was pretty small and they kept joking if I wandered too far the wolves would think I was the food. :p
Actually, the most intimidating part was the fucking mountain lion that kept stretching himself on his cage door in the back area whenever I turned around, like he was trying to pounce on me. And that was a damn big mountain lion!

Harbinger

The Last of Us.
Just gotta get my camera sorted, then i'll be out the door and on my way :3