• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Finally, the Final one! Rai Masaki the Lucario

Monosuki the Aurian

Kyu the Braixen
I can't believe it. I've really went and did so many different sonas, it's unbelievable! Well, this time, i am set in the mind with this, and I officially register it as my main. Hopefully, I can make myself stick with this one. So without any further ado, here goes!

th (2).jpg

Name: Rai Masaki
Quote: "Try this on for Rai!"
Species: Lucario
Weight: 120 lbs
Height: 5'9"
Eye color: Yellow-gold
Primary Color: Blue
Secondary Color: Cream (Black markings as a a standard Lucario)
Personality: Despite being a caring Lucario, Rai has some setbacks. He tends to be very respectful and approachable, most of the time. When angry or disgruntled, he'll distance himself for the safety of others, and tends to be more kept to self. He is intelligent, crafty, and witty, being able to talk his way out of most situations.
Issues: Rai has PTSD, which was shaped heavily from traumatic pasts with his mother. He has since learned to deal with it, but he'd still flinch of block his face whenever a fist is raised his way. He tends to have bad anger issues, abandonment issues, and depression, but despite all the odds against him, he works with it, and remains chipper and happy.

Combat Skills: Rai happens to be very skilled with weaponry. Since he hails from the same dimension that many live in, he has extensive firearm knowledge, ranging from their calibers to their effective ranges. He tends to take on most roles, like infantry, sniper, shotgunner, etc. He prefers handguns sometimes, but also prefers melee, which he also has extensive knowledge in. Rai had studied the way of the sword for quite a long time, and has many different skill-sets based from this knowledge. He also is a demolitions expert, being a key Operator for clandestine operations, hostage rescue, and stealth missions. Rai is an all-rounder with these approaches, having self trained himself physically and mentally for certain regimes of military appeal, despite not wanting to be an actual member of the military.

Passive Skills: Rai may be a quite literal powerhouse with his wide range of skills and talents, but he is all but tank-like. As much pain as he can dish out, he can't take much of his own. Despite having trained himself in the essence of pain tolerance, he has very little real experience with another person, so the extent of his training is questionable in the battlefield. Rai tends to avoid his enemies' blows and attacks, and prefers distance combat, but will get close and personal if the time calls. Rai has many abilities, but were later cut short for more manageable processing. He has Heal Stance, a position where he'll meditate and restore his injuries to normality. He has Team Healer, a stance where he'll branch his paws out, healing anyone within the intended proximity. He also has Self Regen, a move where he'll do a quick rush of Aura to quickly, yet temporarily patch his wounds. Serves best as an adrenaline rusher to end a fight quickly. Rai knows systema, a Russian Martial art that specializes in disarming a foe via gun, knife, melee, etc.

Normal skills/Hobbies: Despite being trained by himself in many different military styles, the Lucario always has a playful side. He loves to play a piano, which he has taken much time in learning. He swordfights often, mainly to stay in top shape. He plays video games often, learns different fighting moves, and just likes to make poems in his spare time as well.

th.jpg

(Image not mine. Content belongs to owner, merely using as a reference)

If all else fails in combat, Rai has his trump card to rely on. Using the abilities of swordfighting, he can use his aura as a catalyst to unlock a deeper power within, and use the Bronze Aura Swordsman Rush. This temporary form grants a key fighting edge when it comes to battle, with the sword and himself being supercharged by a powerful rush of unknown aura. This form deals mass damage, and the expense is unknown.

Fun facts: Rai is a nam that was used for the very first major character in a RP once. The name has since stuck.
* The last name "Masaki" is a good nod towards "Cpt. Takeo Masaki of the Call of Duty Franchise, one of the playable Zombies characters in COD: Zombies.
*If it wasn't already on the nose, Rai is my almost exact representation of myself.
*The choice for Lucario was finalized due to aura and their unique form. That, and their design was pretty nice to use.
*Rai originally started as a ferret CEO, as some would know.
* The name "Rai" was actually a high inspiration from a character created by Kuroodod called "Tai" The T was removed for the R in acknowledging the copyright issues. The ferret base was removed for a less clear distinction between the two.
*Rai originally was supposed to just have the last name "Evergreen". This was changed because "Masaki" seemed of a better reference.
*Rai's sniper skills were inspired by "American Sniper, famed by the Legendary Chris Kyle, the United State's deadliest sniper in U.S. history.
*Rai's combat experience was a small nod to the John Wick franchise, as well as some nods towards real military groups like Seal Team Six, the SAS, USMC, CIA, SOG, MI6, MACV, And the Russian Elite Group, the Spetznaz, hence the systema.
*Systema is taught to CIA members, expertly trained in defending the President.
*Systema is a Russian Martial art.
*Rai's skills are one more nod to Leon S. Kennedy of the Resident Evil Franchise, having gone rookie cop of Raccoon City to Bodyguard and protector of the President in RE4, where he was sent to find the President's daughter, Ashley.
Rai's explosive skills were a nod to Chris Redfield of Resident Evil, due to the rocket launcher. All that's missing is the boulder punch references...

*Rai is skilled with references, as much as I have seen, I incorporate here. References that will be mentioned are Devil May Cry, COD Franchise, GOW Franchise, Metal Gear Rising Revengeance, etc.
*Rai's skills are the last nod towards Raiden of Metal Gear Rising. The swordplay in that style is one to remember, just without the "Jack the Ripper" alter ego.
*Rai's love the for the katana and fighting were inspired off of feudal shows like "Kingdom" and "Rampant." Such movies inspired his way for the katana, and also inspired the learning for Japanese culture and ideals.

Last edited:

ben909

TANK
Lot of text... ...
Adds to my list of things to read when i have my computer and can zoom... or see how well crome can read it

Breyo

Professional Nibbler
I can't believe it. I've really went and did so many different sonas, it's unbelievable! Well, this time, i am set in the mind with this, and I officially register it as my main. Hopefully, I can make myself stick with this one. So without any further ado, here goes!

View attachment 95533
Name: Rai Masaki
Quote: "Try this on for Rai!"
Species: Lucario
Weight: 120 lbs
Height: 5'9"
Eye color: Yellow-gold
Primary Color: Blue
Secondary Color: Cream (Black markings as a a standard Lucario)
Personality: Despite being a caring Lucario, Rai has some setbacks. He tends to be very respectful and approachable, most of the time. When angry or disgruntled, he'll distance himself for the safety of others, and tends to be more kept to self. He is intelligent, crafty, and witty, being able to talk his way out of most situations.
Issues: Rai has PTSD, which was shaped heavily from traumatic pasts with his mother. He has since learned to deal with it, but he'd still flinch of block his face whenever a fist is raised his way. He tends to have bad anger issues, abandonment issues, and depression, but despite all the odds against him, he works with it, and remains chipper and happy.

Combat Skills: Rai happens to be very skilled with weaponry. Since he hails from the same dimension that many live in, he has extensive firearm knowledge, ranging from their calibers to their effective ranges. He tends to take on most roles, like infantry, sniper, shotgunner, etc. He prefers handguns sometimes, but also prefers melee, which he also has extensive knowledge in. Rai had studied the way of the sword for quite a long time, and has many different skill-sets based from this knowledge. He also is a demolitions expert, being a key Operator for clandestine operations, hostage rescue, and stealth missions. Rai is an all-rounder with these approaches, having self trained himself physically and mentally for certain regimes of military appeal, despite not wanting to be an actual member of the military.

Passive Skills: Rai may be a quite literal powerhouse with his wide range of skills and talents, but he is all but tank-like. As much pain as he can dish out, he can't take much of his own. Despite having trained himself in the essence of pain tolerance, he has very little real experience with another person, so the extent of his training is questionable in the battlefield. Rai tends to avoid his enemies' blows and attacks, and prefers distance combat, but will get close and personal if the time calls. Rai has many abilities, but were later cut short for more manageable processing. He has Heal Stance, a position where he'll meditate and restore his injuries to normality. He has Team Healer, a stance where he'll branch his paws out, healing anyone within the intended proximity. He also has Self Regen, a move where he'll do a quick rush of Aura to quickly, yet temporarily patch his wounds. Serves best as an adrenaline rusher to end a fight quickly. Rai knows systema, a Russian Martial art that specializes in disarming a foe via gun, knife, melee, etc.

Normal skills/Hobbies: Despite being trained by himself in many different military styles, the Lucario always has a playful side. He loves to play a piano, which he has taken much time in learning. He swordfights often, mainly to stay in top shape. He plays video games often, learns different fighting moves, and just likes to make poems in his spare time as well.

View attachment 95536
(Image not mine. Content belongs to owner, merely using as a reference)

If all else fails in combat, Rai has his trump card to rely on. Using the abilities of swordfighting, he can use his aura as a catalyst to unlock a deeper power within, and use the Bronze Aura Swordsman Rush. This temporary form grants a key fighting edge when it comes to battle, with the sword and himself being supercharged by a powerful rush of unknown aura. This form deals mass damage, and the expense is unknown.

Fun facts: Rai is a nam that was used for the very first major character in a RP once. The name has since stuck.
* The last name "Masaki" is a good nod towards "Cpt. Takeo Masaki of the Call of Duty Franchise, one of the playable Zombies characters in COD: Zombies.
*If it wasn't already on the nose, Rai is my almost exact representation of myself.
*The choice for Lucario was finalized due to aura and their unique form. That, and their design was pretty nice to use.
*Rai originally started as a ferret CEO, as some would know.
* The name "Rai" was actually a high inspiration from a character created by Kuroodod called "Tai" The T was removed for the R in acknowledging the copyright issues. The ferret base was removed for a less clear distinction between the two.
*Rai originally was supposed to just have the last name "Evergreen". This was changed because "Masaki" seemed of a better reference.
*Rai's sniper skills were inspired by "American Sniper, famed by the Legendary Chris Kyle, the United State's deadliest sniper in U.S. history.
*Rai's combat experience was a small nod to the John Wick franchise, as well as some nods towards real military groups like Seal Team Six, the SAS, USMC, CIA, SOG, MI6, MACV, And the Russian Elite Group, the Spetznaz, hence the systema.
*Systema is taught to CIA members, expertly trained in defending the President.
*Systema is a Russian Martial art.
*Rai's skills are one more nod to Leon S. Kennedy of the Resident Evil Franchise, having gone rookie cop of Raccoon City to Bodyguard and protector of the President in RE4, where he was sent to find the President's daughter, Ashley.
Rai's explosive skills were a nod to Chris Redfield of Resident Evil, due to the rocket launcher. All that's missing is the boulder punch references...

*Rai is skilled with references, as much as I have seen, I incorporate here. References that will be mentioned are Devil May Cry, COD Franchise, GOW Franchise, Metal Gear Rising Revengeance, etc.
*Rai's skills are the last nod towards Raiden of Metal Gear Rising. The swordplay in that style is one to remember, just without the "Jack the Ripper" alter ego.
*Rai's love the for the katana and fighting were inspired off of feudal shows like "Kingdom" and "Rampant." Such movies inspired his way for the katana, and also inspired the learning for Japanese culture and ideals.
I'm glad you were able to establish a main sona for yourself! It looks good :D