• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Finding someone that's okay with your weirdness

P

ProxFox

Hey, so in a few months I'm going to really make myself available for dating for the first time in my life. Problem, I don't know how I'm gonna find someone who is either a furry or is cool with me being a furry. Not even just that, I'm bisexual, biologically male (weirdly a deal breaker for a lot of girls) and non-binary, as well as just generally kinky. That's a big list and I am bum fucked out of ideas on how I'm going to find someone that is okay with all of those things.

TidesofFate

Your friendly neighborhood Executioner
Finding someone of that combination is going to be really hard in real life. Unless you're into online dating, I would suggest this, don't worry about trying to find someone to date and focus on other priorities. When you meet a person you're interested in, give them a try. If it works out, it does, if it doesn't, then hopefully the next one is better.

Astus

Well Known Foxxo
I actually found 2 people that I have talked to about being a babyfur and they were okay with it; everyone around me pretty much accepts that I am Asexual Demiromantic (except my parents and family that have no idea) as well usually I tell people that ask that I am a furry and they don't seem to care... I think you'll find someone somewhere that will accept your interests so long as they know about what you're into and not forced into anything... and you're not a jerk to them

P

ProxFox

I actually found 2 people that I have talked to about being a babyfur and they were okay with it; everyone around me pretty much accepts that I am Asexual Demiromantic (except my parents and family that have no idea) as well usually I tell people that ask that I am a furry and they don't seem to care... I think you'll find someone somewhere that will accept your interests so long as they know about what you're into and not forced into anything... and you're not a jerk to them

I guess. I'm in a semi-conservative area of Missouri. I think if I went out with anyone around here and they found out any of those things, especially if they knew I was a diaperfur I'd be boned.

Astus

Well Known Foxxo
I guess. I'm in a semi-conservative area of Missouri. I think if I went out with anyone around here and they found out any of those things, especially if they knew I was a diaperfur I'd be boned.
Hahah, yeah gotta love the south :p move up more northeast and it'll be a little better... and you don't need a relationship right now, there is a lot of time left in your life to live so don't let it pass you by

P

ProxFox

Hahah, yeah gotta love the south :p move up more northeast and it'll be a little better... and you don't need a relationship right now, there is a lot of time left in your life to live so don't let it pass you by

I guess. And Missouri is Midwest. You can't tell though, what with all the confederate flags on trucks and the "y'all"s and the "ain't"s (I'm guilty of this one). I'll just try when I get to college.

Astus

Well Known Foxxo
I guess. And Missouri is Midwest. You can't tell though, what with all the confederate flags on trucks and the "y'all"s and the "ain't"s (I'm guilty of this one). I'll just try when I get to college.
That's what I told myself when I was 9 at the local town pool. I said I wouldn't care and I'd just do it... but turns out I still did and only told one or two people because I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I didn't get it out to someone... and the first someone happened to be a babyfur too... coincidence

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
I bet you'll find somebody! You'd be amazed, at the variety of people out there. I'll have to send ya a PM, with some places you might post and look, and a few pointers. Plus, college is a whole new world. People are a lot more open-minded there; I had the most amazing time at Michigan State, where I met my mate. And trust me...there's a ton of diaper-furs out there, and you see more and more non-binary people, too. The last fur-con, I was pretty surprised at the number. SO get out, explore the world, and see what it has to offer!

Faunny C.

I'm a Deer-Dragon. Yup, that's a thing.
I haven't been in many relationships, but my biggest bit advice is to just go for it. If they turn you down politely, it is not that big of a deal, and if they are an ass about it, then you dodged a bullet. Although, my situation is a little different, as I grew up near San Francisco in a town were everyone was very excepting of my weirdness, so I am not sure if there would be bigger consequences of admitting your weirdness there. I hope this is at least some help to you on your quest of love. Good luck!

N

Nicky The Husky

You could just slowly reveal things you like and see if they are okay with it. Thats what I currently did and it feels better knowing that they are into some of the same things as well ^^

C

Chris-py

I'm going to say this...

You automatically write a description of yourself that actually hinders you. Your pretty much self deprecating yourself in a way by listing off adjectives and hobbies that you think society feels is " not accepting " in reality there are many people who will go out with non binary bisexual people. Sounds like your quick to judge others as you think they judge you. Honestly there will be plenty of people who are okay if your a furry. It's a hobby. They might ( or they could enjoy it with you) not be into it but if they support you it's great. It's kinda like your partner loves comic books but you don't, but you can appreciate your partners hobby. That's fine.

Just be yourself...because honestly there is always a seat for every ass...

Dandorm

Fahcs Lives!
I agree with what's been said above, keep an open mind because you never really know. I think if someone does care about you then they won't judge you for who you are :)

Z-Mizz

Monkey Magic c(^o^)ɔ
This is a terrible idea but now I'm actually curious if there's another bi atheist furry on Christian mingle
Dude, I'd be willing to bet you find something you think is crazy on that website xD Some Christians are super repressed, which leads to some weird things. xP

XenoQc

Changing
I have found a girl who is really ok with my alien being. She is an ufologist living Belgium and I am her little alien ^^
She is also ok that I am in the furry fandom but don't know anything about it.

My advice is to be natural, to be yourself and if it work it work. If it don't work then chance to the next one
I had no girlfriend until I found her and I am 26 years old. I have been single for 26 years so I have waited a long time
Keep it up, try it out with the one that interest you but the most important is to stay yourself.

I am in same boat.
Different criteria, but same boat.
Did you happen to catch name of vessel? Was Titanic?

But really, if I have any irrelevant advice to give, it's that you don't necessarily have to tell them all that up front. Let them get to know the simple you first. Straight-up laying it all on them might just weird them out right away, and then you'll just be associated with a bad vibe. Hell, you don't even need to tell them you're bisexual; if you're into each other, that's all that counts in that moment. And as far as furry stuff goes, unless you're some kind of weird lifestyler, it's not that big of a deal, is it? Then can learn later. Don't hide it, just don't act like you've got something to "confess".
Eck

More like ChristianJingle

TidesofFate

Your friendly neighborhood Executioner
Can't even imagine who on this forum that'd be considering I've seen most of the active users now apparently.
Imaginary Person. A user who is in the forum, but we never see them being online, or see their posts because everything they do is invisible. All you have to do is find them. :p

P

ProxFox

Imaginary Person. A user who is in the forum, but we never see them being online, or see their posts because everything they do is invisible. All you have to do is find them. :p
Really hope Chris Pratt secretly uses this forum.