• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Finnish guys.

zexsion

Hi. How many guys there are form Finland? I'm interested in see how many Finnish furs there are.

PlusThirtyOne

What DOES my username mean...?
i knew one but she has since retired from the fandom. Only person from Finny i'd ever met. Nice gal. Nice place too, from what i understand.

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
I have one close furry friend from Finland, who visited for a week in Baltimore, and was among the most amazingly mellow and friendly people I've ever met...he was a tugboat captain at the time, and had enough bad dragon toys to start a museum. And was quite intelligent, though also humble, liked sports, the outdoors. Can't say I've met too many furs like him, and hope to visit him in his own country, one day.

In fact, he let me 'steal' his actual name for my fursona :)

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
Why's Funland special to you?

zexsion

Yes i'm from Finland myself and i'm interested finding other Finnish fur who i can chat with.

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
Englanniksi "minä" kirjoitetaan isolla I kirjaimella

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
It depends a lot about province, I guess, but mostly Finns are a little bit.. grumpy people. And close minded or something like that :p Blehh, but it's not only Finns, every country have their scum.
I'd say finns are generally just reserved and introverted people, not as outgoing as the rest of the world. I know aplenty of people who are the opposite of close minded and live in Funlandia.
I guess some might think that not being into smalltalk and such is rude and we aren't friendly, but it's just cultural differences 'sall

Volvom

Anthro Artist, Finland
I'd say finns are generally just reserved and introverted people, not as outgoing as the rest of the world. I know aplenty of people who are the opposite of close minded and live in Funlandia.
I guess some might think that not being into smalltalk and such is rude and we aren't friendly, but it's just cultural differences 'sall
More or less, yes. I just experienced that kind of Finns a lot, they're rude, close minded people and for some reason treats hobbyist artists like shit :/
I just have bad experience, but it does not say that everyone is like that.

Simo

Huh, that's odd. My friend who visited was anything but rude, grumpy or close-minded...he was from Kuopio. I've seldom hung out with such an easy-going sort. But he did say a lot of Finns were rather crabby and prudish, but he's definitely the type who knows how to cheer a person up, joke around, and have a good time.

Maybe Finland being so close to Russia makes it more conservative/depressing? I guess that's where the Vodka comes in handy ;)

I'd still like to go, and also see Estonia while I'm there, home of one of favorite composers, Arvo Pärt, and perhaps see a work performed in his homeland.

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
Huh, that's odd. My friend who visited was anything but rude, grumpy or close-minded...he was from Kuopio. I've seldom hung out with such an easy-going sort. But he did say a lot of Finns were rather crabby and prudish, but he's definitely the type who knows how to cheer a person up, joke around, and have a good time.

Maybe Finland being so close to Russia makes it more conservative/depressing? I guess that's where the Vodka comes in handy ;)

I'd still like to go, and also see Estonia while I'm there, home of one of favorite composers, Arvo Pärt, and perhaps see a work performed in his homeland.
Kuopio is home to savo-people. Sarcastic and with a twisted sense of humour. People who live in that area are quite well known for their attitude really. My fave kind and I'm in no way biased.

Simo

Kuopio is home to savo-people. Sarcastic and with a twisted sense of humour. People who live in that area are quite well known for their attitude really. My fave kind and I'm in no way biased.

Ah, yes, he did have a twisted sense of humor! And a bit understated, yet could be biting/sarcastic. He'd make a good Dr. Who. Maybe they should recruit the next Dr. from Finland; I feel this would be wise.

zexsion

Well then. I'm happy that I see there being some Finnish people. I myself have found that Finnish youth is the most scummiest people of our country.

Volvom

Anthro Artist, Finland
Well then. I'm happy that I see there being some Finnish people. I myself have found that Finnish youth is the most scummiest people of our country.
Not to mention that it feels like that Finnish people just don't really care or appreciate artists.
I always need to fight with Finns. Always. If I stand up and fight for my own rights or opinions, they just say that I am egoistic asshole and I don't even have good reason to be it, that my art sucks etc. other shit >A> Because of that, I received huuuuge article in Encyclopedia Dramatica (I know that it's just site for trolling). After that, I started to lose anything, my passion, I couldn't enjoy to draw comics anymore, I started to fear and stress too much etc.
I used to draw comics, a lot. But after many years of bullying and other shit, I quit last year. Those, who gave me too much hard time, we're from Finland.
Maybe I am just too embittered or something.
It's kinda sad to bury my projects like this. I worked with them more than 10 years, with friends and alone.
But I just can't anymore.

zexsion

Not to mention that it feels like that Finnish people just don't really care or appreciate artists.
I always need to fight with Finns. Always. If I stand up and fight for my own rights or opinions, they just say that I am egoistic asshole and I don't even have good reason to be it, that my art sucks etc. other shit >A> Because of that, I received huuuuge article in Encyclopedia Dramatica (I know that it's just site for trolling). After that, I started to lose anything, my passion, I couldn't enjoy to draw comics anymore, I started to fear and stress too much etc.
I used to draw comics, a lot. But after many years of bullying and other shit, I quit last year. Those, who gave me too much hard time, we're from Finland.
Maybe I am just too embittered or something.
It's kinda sad to bury my projects like this. I worked with them more than 10 years, with friends and alone.
But I just can't anymore.

I'm sorry to hear that. I myself do sometimes art too, but i don't post them. I'm still training to become decent artist. This is my only good piece this far.

Attachments

• Entity.jpeg
    Entity.jpeg
    113.4 KB · Views: 81

zexsion

I can say honestly, that you have potential! That was so cool that I want to use it as my computer wallpaper :3

Thank you :3