• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Ramjet

Seizing the memes of production
Here's a couple in my old collection.

My PDW-esque AR pistol
nxoKDdk.jpg

Made with a neato pencil Ballistic Advantage Hanson barrel. This is my go-to home defense weapon (still waiting on a suppressor stamp...) Loaded up with 53gr Hornady V-Max. Honestly, this thing weights a hair under 5lbs (unloaded) and I was expecting it to recoil more, and be unpleasant, but... the difference between this and the lower AR, in terms of recoil are basically negligable, other than the flash (which is considerable) there's almost no difference. I love the look, and feel of this thing! I don't have vast swaths of land I live on or anything... and self defense I'd be doing in or around my house would be within 50 yards, so this is A-okay for my uses. Just need to get that dang supressor for it, and slap a red dot on it.

This just a regular ass lightweight AR, also made with a neato BA handson barrel and a 2.5x ACSS optic. This is... the second AR I've built I think, It's quite light, and very enjoyable to shoot.
hWzlz7U.jpg

This is another AR, except this one has a coolio FN CHF barrel and shit! This is the first AR I've ever built, it's a bit heavier that I would have liked, but that being said it's still a dream to shoot.
aUutiV2.jpg

I sort of like building AR's a lot... it's so easy, cheap, and freaking FUN! With how the market is these days... it's kind of hard to build a bad AR. Not to mention I just like tinkering in general.

This is my old VEPR, that I paid way too much for. Of course, I've converted it to take normal AK mags, and put a normal stock on it, and removed the pin and welded thread protector, and put a normal pistol grip on it. This is a nice gun and everything, but truth be told I don't enjoy it much. It's too heavy, and for where I live, I only have access to an indoor range, so no steel cased ammo... so ammo's kind of expensive for me. Not to mention the recoil isn't too enjoyable.
c3Lh9T1.jpg

This is a Ruger SR-1911 Night Watchman Comander, (nitrited finish+trijicon night sights) This is... the second 1911 I've ever had, and for the price I think this one is excellent, it's picky with magazines, but the sights are to die for, and the recoil is just fine. Not my first choice for handguns, but it's pretty, and it's a pleasure to shoot!
RvKtT41.jpg

This is my old Beretta 92FS, plain jane, except for steel parts upgrade, and elite hammer. A great range gun.
UcjJVi3.jpg

I like your old War collectible guns. But many of them are either too expensive, or I just wouldn't have a proper place to use them :/

Beautiful collection Bud!!!:cool:

@GreenZone You have to live and let live bud...There's more people here other then cucky Australians with smooth bore .22's:D
We in NA like our bad guys deader then dead:p

Seriously though it's a personal choice we are able to choose here if one so desires an AR15 and weapons like it...That's something your just going to have to accept and get over.

Last edited:

SSJ3Mewtwo

Beautiful collection Bud!!!:cool:

@GreenZone You have to live and let live bud...There's more people here other then cucky Australians with smooth bore .22's:D
We in NA like our bad guys deader then dead:p

Seriously though it's a personal choice we are able to choose here if one so desires an AR15 and weapons like it...That's something your just going to have to accept and get over.

Watch the language. It's fine to make quips, but making insults is not acceptable.

GreenZone

Banned
Banned

i don't care if they have an AR i have a couple mates with ARs but they self admit they only have it cause its cool the concept of having an AR15 for self defence is paranoid to me
Watch the language. It's fine to make quips, but making insults is not acceptable.
it's fine i'm not going to cry over it

Ramjet

Seizing the memes of production
i don't care if they have an AR i have a couple mates with ARs but they self admit they only have it cause its cool the concept of having an AR15 for self defence is paranoid to me

I knew you could take it,you know I'm just poking fun:D

Oh I totally get your point,doesn't mean I have to accept it to change my own thoughts on it.

Live and let live:cool:

zeroxwolfx

Everyone has there own ideas and that's okay. That being said I certainly don't PLAN to use it in self defense, statistically, where I live, it probably won't happen. That being said, I only live about half a mile from a fire department... I'm still gonna have a fire-extinguisher, and also wear my setbelt :>

zeroxwolfx

Everyone has there own ideas and that's okay. That being said I certainly don't PLAN to use it in self defense, statistically, where I live, it probably won't happen. That being said, I only live about half a mile from a fire department... I'm still gonna have a fire-extinguisher, and also wear my setbelt :>

I would certainly not want to have to use a gun, or ANYTHING to defend myself... I'd much rather I never run into any situation like that.... but if a situation like that is going to run into me, I want all the gun I can handle. Number one rule in combat, always bring air support, if you don't have air support, bring artillery, if you don't have artillery, bring a tank, if you don't have a tank, bring a technical, if you don't have a technical, bring an HMG, if you don't have an HMG, bring grenades, if you don't have grenades, bring your rifles... and your buddies, with their rifles. And if you don't have your rifle... THEN bring your handgun.

I go under the principle of protecting myself with as much force as reasonable. If someone breaks into my house, I don't know if they just want a free TV and don't want to hurt anyone, or if they're on meth and are looking for stuff to sell to get their fix no matter the cost, or if they're just psychotic and don't care if they kill anyone, the only thing I know is that someone has come into my house to do me harm, and as far as I'm concerned, if you're coming in here to do my body harm, you've given up your rights for any protection, and I'm going to throw everything I have at you.

Shane McNair

Ace Pilot

You want the most effective tool for the job. A double barrel shotgun could suffice, but do you really want to stake your life on only two shots? Especially when you don't know how many bad guys there are, how well armed they are, what psychological state they're in, how determined they are, or how well you can make those two shots count under stress? Greater magazine capacity and ability to get shots on target quickly in a life or death confrontation can only be a good thing, and that's what an Ar-15 affords you.

The 7th Cavalry troopers at the Battle of the Little Big Horn found out the hard way how badly limited ammo capacity and slow reload-time hinders your ability to defend yourself against an attacking, numerically superior force. They were armed primarily with single-shot 1873 Springfield trapdoor carbines that were slow to reload. Many of the Indians had repeating rifles. If the 7th Cavalry had been armed with repeating rifles, I believe they would have fared much better. I also believe that if they'd had a few Gatling guns in tow that day, they could have potentially fended off the attack with limited casualties. The same basic principle might apply to a civilian defending him/herself in the home, just on a much smaller scale.

More magazine capacity and a quick-operating action like semi-auto gives you a larger margin for error with regard to shot placement, and better ability to deal with multiple threats quickly and stop them before they can get to you. And it also very often takes multiple shots to stop a bad guy, especially if he's hopped up on drugs.

That said, a pump-action 12 ga. shotgun loaded with #4 buckshot is my preferred home defense tool. But I have also kept an AR ready for that role as well.

Last edited:

Batty Krueger

DJ Nailbunny
get a pistol grip attachment my uncle had a spas 12 years ago before he had to sell it cause he moved to the states i was able to fire it comfortably at like 15 years old
Oh its got one. Also a recoil reduction kit for magnum rounds -.^

Yakamaru

Autumn wolf
The only "gun" I've ever really shot with, is a small calibre rifle we used during grade school in 9th and 10th grade, for competitions, shooting at targets. Could shoot someone in the leg and it'd barely do any damage. Was fun, though. Two hours every Thursday. Our teacher always gave the one with the best score an icecream. Sometimes a bag of chips. Soda were always included in the prize. We were 4: Two girls and two guys. Was a LOT of fun. And I didn't have to do fucking French or German.

Quite frankly, I've always wanted to shoot with like a Kalashnikov, an M4 or even a 1911 or a 9mm Glock. Or any other weapon, really.

The Barret M82 looks AWESOME. Feel that recoil in every cell in your body. Gives me shivers down my spine..

zeroxwolfx

The only "gun" I've ever really shot with, is a small calibre rifle we used during grade school in 9th and 10th grade, for competitions, shooting at targets. Could shoot someone in the leg and it'd barely do any damage. Was fun, though. Two hours every Thursday. Our teacher always gave the one with the best score an icecream. Sometimes a bag of chips. Soda were always included in the prize. We were 4: Two girls and two guys. Was a LOT of fun. And I didn't have to do fucking French or German.

Quite frankly, I've always wanted to shoot with like a Kalashnikov, an M4 or even a 1911 or a 9mm Glock. Or any other weapon, really.

The Barret M82 looks AWESOME. Feel that recoil in every cell in your body. Gives me shivers down my spine..

True story, a lot of the recoil of the Barrett M82 is about as shooting a magnum slug out of a 12ga because of the short recoil operated system absorbs a lot of the punch, also the gun is around 30lbs. But with that being said... probably not a good gun to start with...

GreenZone

Banned
Banned

obviously i'm going to be de sensitised to guns now but probably the most fun thing to shoot in my opinion is the FN MAG
True story, a lot of the recoil of the Barrett M82 is about as shooting a magnum slug out of a 12ga because of the short recoil operated system absorbs a lot of the punch, also the gun is around 30lbs. But with that being said... probably not a good gun to start with

not necessarily at 13.5 kg unloaded 14kg loaded you're looking at minimal recoil when fired from a prone position it shouldn't bounce around too much plus the M82 has a lot of recoil dampening

but then again ive uploaded this for you guys to look at

so if you watch the splash your groupings are basically over 100s of mtr its a very hard weapon to control these were recruits and the M2 browning is HEAVY you're not picking that shit up

Last edited:

Kellan Meig'h

Kilted Luthier
@GreenZone You want recoil? Try firing a McMillan Signature .50 BMG bolt action rifle without the blast deflector. Just as well let a mule kick you. You can ask my brother about that. I had it rebarreled to .416 Barrett just to get around that idiot Kalifornistan law about .50 BMG.

BTW, I have fired and qualified on the "Ma Deuce".Once you get the feel of it, it's highly controllable. And, you better be able to carry it by yourself because your partner has to carry the tripod and maybe a box or two of ammo. Start barrel-up, bend your knees, rest the barrel on your dominant shoulder, grip the receiver as low as possible, stand. Pull the receiver to you, it will balance with the forward edge of the receiver on top of your shoulder. Now boogie to your next emplacement!

Last edited:

GreenZone

Banned
Banned
You can ask my brother about that. I had it rebarreled to .414 Barrett just to get around that idiot Kalifornistan law about .50 BMG.
funny thing is when i went to NZ they casually had those for sale like it was no big deal
And, you better be able to carry it by yourself because your partner has to carry the tripod and maybe a box or two of ammo. Start barrel-up, bend your knees, rest the barrel on your dominant shoulder, grip the receiver as low as possible, stand. Pull the receiver to you, it will balance with the forward edge of the receiver on top of your shoulder. Now boogie to your next emplacement!
OHS my boi they don't get you to carry it around anymore

they will however make you carry a Carl Gustav rounds for it claymour rifle AND a LAW for shits and gigles

Kellan Meig'h

Kilted Luthier
funny thing is when i went to NZ they casually had those for sale like it was no big deal

OHS my boi they don't get you to carry it around anymore

they will however make you carry a Carl Gustav rounds for it claymour rifle AND a LAW for shits and gigles
You won't see anything .50 BMG for sale in Kalifornistan right now. I have seen Barrett M82A1 in .416 for sale recently but only because it was a .416 Barrett.

Gotta remember; my military was not today's military. We had three females in our SP squadron. Only one could lift the Ma Deuce and I think she hurt herself when she did so. Back last century, right after 'Nam, women were in nursing, doctor. or admin positions for the most part. A female on the flightline was an oddity, not the norm.

SSJ3Mewtwo

Ah Americana. Sitting on my own personal island (The UK) and watching the world slowly descend into chaos across the ocean. How fun!

Watching the world burn,
JamesOtters
*A small otter is too scared to peek out.*

The topic of the thread is for furries to discuss firearms, not taunt or provoke argument about firearms.

If you do not have subject matter to contribute that is relevant to the topic, please do not attempt to derail the thread.

Kellan Meig'h

Kilted Luthier
i can't stand this American attitude

"i need an AR-15 cause there's totally going to be 20 ninja's breaking into my home at some point!"

mate a .22 revolver is going to be deterrent enough for them to get out
I feel like I've had this discussion before. Here in 'Murica, we have this rather dangerous wildlife called "Speed freak," "Crack Head," "Meth Head," etc. Typically a chronically under/unemployed individual that is addicted to narcotics, be it prescription or non-prescription. Trust me, a .22 revolver means jack to him/her if they are in your house to grab what can be fenced to pay for their addiction. Just as well unload it and us it as a club. A Meth Head will soak up all the rounds from a .22 rimfire and probably do you a great deal of harm before he expires because he feels no pain from the drugs.

The very minimum I would recommend would be either a 9mm or a .38 Special +P loading. Double Action wheelguns are my preference. No safety to have to disengage, actually as fast to reload as a semi-auto if you have speedloaders. My personal preference is .44 Magnum, 4" barrel. Loaded with frangible rounds, it won't endanger your neighbors while doing what you need it to do. I have personal experience with this. Even if you don't actually wound your B&E suspect, the muzzle blast and report will sober them up in a hurry.

I guess in some parts of the world, there are no drug addicts and a brolley behind the front door is adequate protection. Not here, my friend. Not here.

GreenZone

Banned
Banned
We had three females in our SP squadron.
POG Squadron*
A female on the flightline was an oddity, not the norm.
it still is an oddity i don't know what the numbers here down under are as of writing this but to the best of my knowledge out of the 3000+ who have applied since the role opened up there's only 3 serving in infantry two reservists and 1 regular and a handful in cavalry mostly reservists

when i went through school of infantry we had 8 females with us and none of them passed most of them failed during the initial first few days citing fitness levels and general mental toughness i guess you can call it

the thing with Australia is we may be pushing for more females and even locking positions to males to get female numbers up but one thing we'll refuse to do is lower standards and currently that's what's keeping them out

i wont elaborate further but during an exercise we could hear a female dismounted cav trooper crying over the SPR because she found patrolling too hard and they didn't even have packs or anything they only had maybe 30kg-40kg on them it wasn't only embarrassing for herself but for us as an Army cause the USMC were intermingled with us
I feel like I've had this discussion before. Here in 'Murica,
this is a fair point but i was talking more any firearm would deter a home invader particularly not drugged up but my point still stands you don't need an AR for home invasion you're right you just need a revolver that was my point even if its a .38 hollow point double actions do have safety's by the way it depends on the model single action like the Colt 45 SAA (which i got for my 12 birthday) don't for obvious reasons

Kellan Meig'h

Kilted Luthier
POG Squadron*

it still is an oddity i don't know what the numbers here down under are as of writing this but to the best of my knowledge out of the 3000+ who have applied since the role opened up there's only 3 serving in infantry two reservists and 1 regular and a handful in cavalry mostly reservists

when i went through school of infantry we had 8 females with us and none of them passed most of them failed during the initial first few days citing fitness levels and general mental toughness i guess you can call it

the thing with Australia is we may be pushing for more females and even locking positions to males to get female numbers up but one thing we'll refuse to do is lower standards and currently that's what's keeping them out

i wont elaborate further but during an exercise we could hear a female dismounted cav trooper crying over the SPR because she found patrolling too hard and they didn't even have packs or anything they only had maybe 30kg-40kg on them it wasn't only embarrassing for herself but for us as an Army cause the USMC were intermingled with us

this is a fair point but i was talking more any firearm would deter a home invader particularly not drugged up but my point still stands you don't need an AR for home invasion you're right you just need a revolver that was my point even if its a .38 hollow point double actions do have safety's by the way it depends on the model single action like the Colt 45 SAA (which i got for my 12 birthday) don't for obvious reasons

I'm not sure I've ever encountered a DA wheelgun with a safety. Care to name one? I'm not aware of a model being produced at the moment. I know some have a ditzy hammer lock but that's for storage. No bonehead would keep a defense weapon locked when a tense situation would make you make multiple mistakes, possibly leading to a bad ending for the gun owner.

As far as AR pattern rifles/carbines being terrible home protection pieces, I will agree. Inside your own home, there's just not enough room to maneuver a rifle effectively. I never cared for one as an entry weapon when I was in the military and had to do entry drills. Even a GAU-5/A (USAF designation Gun, Aircraft, Automatic, US Army version was called the XM177) would bump walls and whatnot with the stock collapsed all the way. Just don't say long arms are not worth dealing with too loudly around my wife. She prefers her Saiga 12 sporting variant shotgun for home patrol duty, stoked with Remington #4 Upland loads. I'm not arguing with her on that matter. Either it's that Saiga or her Mossberg 500 in 12 gauge with the 18-1/2" defender barrel mounted.

Austin Silver

"A high-functioning sociopath."
I've got an 1860 colt army. I do a lot of stuff with that, hardly fire it though. No place by me to do so. My dad owns several rifles....well...he doesn't know about them, they were my grandpas and he died...soooooooo...
I also enjoy blowing stuff up. Since I'm not licensed to buy high-power explosives, I make them myself. Educational purposes only ;)

GreenZone

Banned
Banned
I've got an 1860 colt army. I do a lot of stuff with that, hardly fire it though. No place by me to do so. My dad owns several rifles....well...he doesn't know about them, they were my grandpas and he died...soooooooo...
I also enjoy blowing stuff up. Since I'm not licensed to buy high-power explosives, I make them myself. Educational purposes only ;)

can you not...

SSJ3Mewtwo

I don't know to what extent you're implying anything, but I won't automatically assume the worst. There's nothing illegal about messing around with stuff in the garage, otherwise there'd be a heck of a lot more people getting arrested for stuff on youtube (although that happens enough as is). I know a common example is that lots of people make their own binary targets rather than pay commercial prices for them.

I'm not going to make the leap that you're admitting to doing stuff that actively violates the law, but keep your wording about such things in mind.

Last edited: