• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Jarren

You can't just quote yourself! -Me
Gonna bump because I don't want to make a thread of my own.

Here's an old family photo. I haven't been able to get everything together for a new one in some time due to lending them out and living away from where they're stored.
View attachment 59889
Never thought I'd see an Aug/Msar next to a Hi point XD
Nice collection, though!

Jarren

Ah, it's the gun thread that refuses to die again! Just when you thought it was done, someone brings it back. :D
It liiiiiiives!
I'll have a few updates for it tomorrow ;)

Telnac

Fundamentalist Heretic
No pics (in case the 9th Circus makes them illegal to possess) but I took advantage of Freedom Week here in Kalifornistan to rebuild 4 standard capacity mags (what the Nazis here call "high capacity") that I brought into this state as boxes of parts back when that was still legal. I also ordered standard capacity mags for my AK-47 and my AR-15.

They say more than a million standard capacity mags were rebuilt or ordered in that week alone, something the gun grabbers lament as undoing 20 years of gun control laws. They can lament all they like. All I care is that I'm finally properly armed. :D

Telnac

Fundamentalist Heretic
That post both technically violates the CoC about breaking the law, and could be used against you in court my blue draconic friendo. Best delete it. Not faulting you, but giving advice.
I’m not breaking the law. I've never broken the law with respect to guns and I'm not encouraging anyone else to do so.

On March 29th, 2019 the California ban on "high capacity" magazines was struck down. The CA district attorney filed for a stay of that ruling, which was granted a week after the original ruling (effective April 5th, 2019.) During that week it was legal to assemble or import "high capacity" magazines. After the ruling was stayed the judge ruled that magazines that were manufactured or imported during that week wee legal to keep and use.

Nothing I did during that week violates the law and thus I'm not in violation of the CoC. Keeping those magazines is legal (for now.) I'm not posting pics because the 9th Circuit Court of appeals may set aside that original ruling at any time, which could ex post facto make the magazines illegal (which is itself a violation of the Constitution, but that's not stopped the 9th Circus before...) If that happens, I'll read over the exact text of the ruling and make sure that I remain in compliance with the law (however unconstitutional it may be.)

Last edited:
I’m not breaking the law. I've never broken the law with respect to guns and I'm not encouraging anyone else to do so.

On March 29th, 2018 the California ban on "high capacity" magazines was struck down. The CA district attorney filed for a stay of that ruling, which was granted a week after the original ruling (effective April 5th, 2019.) During that week it was legal to assemble or import "high capacity" magazines. After the ruling was stayed the judge ruled that magazines that were manufactured or imported during that week wee legal to keep and use.

Nothing I did during that week violates the law and thus I'm not in violation of the ToS. Keeping those magazines is legal (for now.) I'm not posting pics because the 9th Circuit Court of appeals may set aside that original ruling at any time, which could ex post facto make the magazines illegal (which is itself a violation of the Constitution, but that's not stopped the 9th Circus before...) If that happens, I'll read over the exact text of the ruling and make sure that I remain in compliance with the law (however unconstitutional it may be.)
This post could be held against you if they do.

Jarren

A distant cackling can be heard from the free state of New Hampshire

...followed by gunfire, the sound of exploding tannerite, and shocked redneck noises...

Telnac

Fundamentalist Heretic
This post could be held against you if they do.
It's a post describing the law and describing how I'm in compliance with the law. You can't made a formerly legal activity illegal and then go after someone for doing something that was legal at the time. If that were the case we'd always be in legal jeopardy because something you do & post about today may be banned tomorrow.

Telnac

Fundamentalist Heretic

Ramjet

Seizing the memes of production
A distant cackling can be heard from the free state of New Hampshire

...followed by gunfire, the sound of exploding tannerite, and shocked redneck noises...

Man that reminds me, I'm gonna have to make some effort to let off some of my binary this year:D

sGtK7FI.jpg

Last edited:

Kellan Meig'h

Kilted Luthier
Man that reminds me, I'm gonna have to make some effort to let off some of my binary this year:D

sGtK7FI.jpg
Hey! That looks like a Stack-On gun safe! Ya know, in Kalifornastan the green ones aren't legal, only the black Stack-On cabinets. Yeah, that whole finish color thing for the Cali DOJ.

Nice stash of Binary, there.

Ramjet

Seizing the memes of production
Hey! That looks like a Stack-On gun safe! Ya know, in Kalifornastan the green ones aren't legal, only the black Stack-On cabinets. Yeah, that whole finish color thing for the Cali DOJ.

Nice stash of Binary, there.

Lmao:D

I have another 8 gun one as well as this one pictured...

8 guns my ass:mad:.....More like 5:p

Last edited:

Yakamaru

Spookdogg
Lmao:D

I have another 8 gun one as well as this one pictured...

8 guns my ass:mad:.....More like 5:p
You people and your guns..

*not-so-secretly wants to visit and fire some of the guns you gits have*

The TAVOR looks undeniably fun to shoot with. M16 too.

Jarren

I just realized we hit 50 pages! Yay! ;p

Anywho, I promised an update today and an update you shall get!

My quest for a K-31 has FINALLY come to an end as of today. I paid a bit more for it than I planned on when I set out on the hunt, but hey, when people are expecting $800+ for a shooter grade example, suddenly $695 shipped doesn't sound so bad...
Here she is between my two other recent acquisitions! A No.5 Mk1 Jungle Carbine and a Type 38 Arisaka.
IMG_20190420_165016614.jpg

More images of each behind the spoiler tags because I don't wanna crowd the page.
IMG_20190420_164246486.jpg

IMG_20190420_164230155.jpg

IMG_20190420_164904872.jpg

IMG_20190420_164548831.jpg

IMG_20190420_164825295.jpg

IMG_20190420_164835745.jpg

IMG_20190420_164643385.jpg

IMG_20190420_164655388.jpg

IMG_20190420_164715334.jpg

MCtheBeardie

Queen of Laziness
I’ve been hunting with my dad for a couple of years now, and have handled shotguns and muzzleloaders quite a bit (rifles are illegal to use for hunting in my state).

I use a 20 gauge Remington model 1187 shotgun regularly, and I use a Thompson Center muzzleloader, I can’t remember the exact model. My dad also purchased a Ruger LC9s handgun for me to purchase off him in the future, when I get a license to carry.

I’ll have to take some pictures of them later. I still live with my parents, and my mom doesn’t trust me with the key to the gun safe yet.

Last edited:

Telnac

Fundamentalist Heretic
I’ve been hunting with my dad for a couple of years now, and have handled shotguns and muzzleloaders quite a bit (rifles are illegal to use for hunting in my state).

I use a 20 gauge Remington model 1187 shotgun regularly, and I use a Thompson Center muzzleloader, I can’t remember the exact model. My dad also purchased a Ruger LC9s handgun for me to purchase off him in the future, when I get a license to carry.

I’ll have to take some pictures of them later. I still live with my parents, and my mom doesn’t trust me with the key to the gun safe yet.
Rifles are illegal for hunting in your state?! Yikes. I thought rifles were legal for hunting everywhere in the USA.

MCtheBeardie

Queen of Laziness
Rifles are illegal for hunting in your state?! Yikes. I thought rifles were legal for hunting everywhere in the USA.

Yup, they’re mostly illegal here in Massachusetts for hunting. This state is pretty bad about their gun laws, so we can only use rifles for sport shooting and self defense, as long as you have the proper license. Rifles can be used still, but not in the zone in which I live.

Massachusetts is crowded, so their use is limited. I just checked to make sure.

Last edited:

Jarren

Yup, they’re mostly illegal here in Massachusetts for hunting. This state is pretty bad about their gun laws, so we can only use rifles for sport shooting and self defense, as long as you have the proper license. Rifles can be used still, but not in the zone in which I live.

Massachusetts is crowded, so their use is limited. I just checked to make sure.
As a NH resident, you have my condolences about those gun laws, but given how densely packed it is down there, it doesn't surprise me they did that :/

MCtheBeardie

Queen of Laziness
As a NH resident, you have my condolences about those gun laws, but given how densely packed it is down there, it doesn't surprise me they did that :/

Yeah, I can’t say I’m surprised, either. Had I still lived in Iowa, I probably would have had more opportunities to rifle hunt. But, you gotta go where the jobs are, at the end of the day.