• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Zenoth

[redacted by staff]
1611631060071.png

Tuned her up a bit with some new parts, don't mind the open dust cover, it's open because she was just cleared for sake of taking a photo. It's not a lefty the camera did some weird flipping, and rather than take a new photo I just flipped it so it's not upside down lol.

Ramjet

Seizing the memes of production
View attachment 100040
Tuned her up a bit with some new parts, don't mind the open dust cover, it's open because she was just cleared for sake of taking a photo. It's not a lefty the camera did some weird flipping, and rather than take a new photo I just flipped it so it's not upside down lol.

Nice AR, love the flip up magnifier.

Mines a safe queen for right now unfortunately.

rhOFWWw.jpg

Ramjet

What's your most hated gun in your inventory?

Mines this Turkish shorty 12G..

XePRt35.jpg

Really cool looking, but with a 12" barrel it's about as much fun to shoot as getting kicked in the dick with steel toes.

Telnac

Fundamentalist Heretic

View attachment 100261

Really cool looking, but with a 12" barrel it's about as much fun to shoot as getting kicked in the dick with steel toes.
Most hated gun? I have my least favorite gun but picking my most hated gun would be like picking my most hated favorite food. It's a bit of an oxymoron.

As for my least favorite gun, I'll have to say my 12 gauge shotgun as well. It's something that my father gave me but I don't really have a use for it since I have much better guns than that. It's basically just taking up space in my gun safe.

TemetNosce88

So long, good luck, goodbye.

Is it weird that the most hated gun I own is also my favorite? I guess it has more to do with the other two I own being 'just fine'.

PXL_20210128_161022861sm.jpg

I love shooting this, and it was my first firearm so it's special that way. It's easy to handle and operate, and I like that it has iron sights because I'm dumb that way. The downside is Ruger's proprietary mags are stupidly expensive, and with the short barrel for .308, it not only kicks kind of hard but startles everybody else at the range, to the point that a number of people didn't believe me that it was only .308 when they asked.

Ramjet

Is it weird that the most hated gun I own is also my favorite? I guess it has more to do with the other two I own being 'just fine'.

View attachment 100295

I love shooting this, and it was my first firearm so it's special that way. It's easy to handle and operate, and I like that it has iron sights because I'm dumb that way. The downside is Ruger's proprietary mags are stupidly expensive, and with the short barrel for .308, it not only kicks kind of hard but startles everybody else at the range, to the point that a number of people didn't believe me that it was only .308 when they asked.

Apsolutly beautiful scout rifle there!

I think the Ruger M/77 gunsite scout uses AICS mags, so you should be gtg with using magpuls AICS, alot cheaper too.

Last edited:

Telnac

Fundamentalist Heretic

View attachment 100295

My Mosin-Nagant has similar issues with startling people at the range. It's 7.62x54r, which is close to the size and powder load of a .308 Winchester round and like your gun the 1944 Carbine model has a shortened barrel so it makes a hell of a bang and kicks like a mule when I'm at the range. The magazine is internal, though. There are ways to modify it to take an external magazine but I don't see any reason to do that to what's essentially a family heirloom.

Because of its age and history I don't shoot it often but I love that gun. It's extremely accurate and the bolt action is butter smooth. Not bad for something that saw action in WWII!

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
unknown.png

Hello. I heard this was the thread for people with fiery arms.

I have a permit to conceal them but I prefer to exercise my constitutional right to bare arms.

My collection is pretty small compared to most of you, because I only have 2.

Yakamaru

Autumn Wolf
My Mosin-Nagant has similar issues with startling people at the range. It's 7.62x54r, which is close to the size and powder load of a .308 Winchester round and like your gun the 1944 Carbine model has a shortened barrel so it makes a hell of a bang and kicks like a mule when I'm at the range. The magazine is internal, though. There are ways to modify it to take an external magazine but I don't see any reason to do that to what's essentially a family heirloom.

Because of its age and history I don't shoot it often but I love that gun. It's extremely accurate and the bolt action is butter smooth. Not bad for something that saw action in WWII!
When mule kicks is a form of measurement.

Pomorek

Antelope-Addicted Hyena
If I was in America, I'd probably end up having a small collection of them. But I'm not, so it doesn't apply.

Managed to get a repeating airgun in "military layout" (as opposed to the most common "hunting rifle" style). Additionally tuned for accuracy. And I'm *mostly* reliably taking down beer cans from 20 meters distance, standing position, no support, no magnification. Love red dot sights too.
Didn't get much training last year though, as the place I'm using as my range was overtaken by a cat family!

Ramjet

If I was in America, I'd probably end up having a small collection of them. But I'm not, so it doesn't apply.

Managed to get a repeating airgun in "military layout" (as opposed to the most common "hunting rifle" style). Additionally tuned for accuracy. And I'm *mostly* reliably taking down beer cans from 20 meters distance, standing position, no support, no magnification. Love red dot sights too.
Didn't get much training last year though, as the place I'm using as my range was overtaken by a cat family!

Nothing wrong with an air rifle!
They make great cheap practice, and some big bores are even powerful enough to take out big game.

Kellan Meig'h

Kilted Luthier

My Tigr classic, the one with the conventional wood stocks fires 7.62 X 54R and it seems to make a butt-tonne more noise than my M1 Garand in 7.62 X 63. I had it at the range last fall and one dOOd asked me to quit firing it so much. It was hurting his wimpy ears. Mind you, both rifles are gas-actuated but maybe the longer stroke of the Garand helps mitigate the racket a bit. Also, the Garand will kick you to death during a range day. Not so much for The Tigr.

Jarren

You can't just quote yourself! -Me
So, I snagged a new thing ^.=.^

IMG_20210123_183743.jpg

CZ PO 9, my first full size handgun. Everything else I've had has been a compact/subcompact. Can't wait to get some range time in with this, especially since I finally found a reliable source of 9mm in these trying times.
The collection has grown notably since I started the thread, so I'll need to post an updated "family photo" soon XD

Ramjet

IMG_20210123_183743.jpg

CZ PO 9, my first full size handgun. Everything else I've had has been a compact/subcompact. Can't wait to get some range time in with this, especially since I finally found a reliable source of 9mm in these trying times.
The collection has grown notably since I started the thread, so I'll need to post an updated "family photo" soon XD

Nioce, CZ makes nice everything.

Jarren

TemetNosce88

So long, good luck, goodbye.

Ahh, another member of Chonky Pistol club! I have the Taurus clone of the Beretta M9.

Telnac

Fundamentalist Heretic
My Tigr classic, the one with the conventional wood stocks fires 7.62 X 54R and it seems to make a butt-tonne more noise than my M1 Garand in 7.62 X 63. I had it at the range last fall and one dOOd asked me to quit firing it so much. It was hurting his wimpy ears. Mind you, both rifles are gas-actuated but maybe the longer stroke of the Garand helps mitigate the racket a bit. Also, the Garand will kick you to death during a range day. Not so much for The Tigr.
Nice. I have a VEPR in 7.62.54r that's pretty similar to a Tigr. I love that gun!

D

Deleted member 111470

IMG_20210202_142512.jpg

I live in a place where it's incredibly difficult to obtain a firearm.

On the other hand there are no restrictions at all for airsoft guns - they can look as realistic as they want to, and they can go up to 2.6 J - at least that's the highest I've seen.

This colt-1911 replica is made from a full metal construction, and supports both green gas as well as CO2 - I should get the CO2 insert because having to bleed my current one is a pain in the ass.

If money allows it, I want to get a whole bunch of realistic looking replicas - there are AKs, M4s, P90s, Deagles, snipers... All the fun stuff.

If I could have a real pistol - I want a golden deagle because it looks cool.

D

Deleted member 82554

unknown.png

Hello. I heard this was the thread for people with fiery arms.

I have a permit to conceal them but I prefer to exercise my constitutional right to bare arms.

My collection is pretty small compared to most of you, because I only have 2.
This is my new meme.

Jarren

If I could have a real pistol - I want a golden deagle because it looks cool.
I actually saw one for sale a few weeks back on a local shop. Gaudiest thing I've ever held XD

Kellan Meig'h

Kilted Luthier
Nice. I have a VEPR in 7.62.54r that's pretty similar to a Tigr. I love that gun!
Basically they're both SVD design under the hood. Sure wish our new POTUS would normalize relations with Russia. I'm jonesing for a new Ak-pattern rifle, something in 5.45 this time.