• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Shane McNair

Ace Pilot
Dumped a good 400 rounds through her first outing, I've forgotten how much fun a rimfire pistol really is.
First handgun I've ever played with that's sported an optical site too, and now I want one for the 9mm xD

View attachment 105900

I wish I could just dump 400 rounds of .22 lr like that. That's another one of the few things I envy about you guys in Canada right now, I've heard the ammo shortage down here hasn't really affected you that much. Here, you can't find .22 lr anywhere, or virtually anything else for that matter. I haven't seen a box of 9mm on the shelf at any of the stores here for several months.

Ramjet

Seizing the memes of production
I wish I could just dump 400 rounds of .22 lr like that. That's another one of the few things I envy about you guys in Canada right now, I've heard the ammo shortage down here hasn't really affected you that much. Here, you can't find .22 lr anywhere, or virtually anything else for that matter. I haven't seen a box of 9mm on the shelf at any of the stores here for several months.

It's starting to get bad up here too!
I've got over 15k .22lr though, and I never stop buying when I see it.
Actually just scored two more box's of 525 Federal to replace the 400 I zapped downrange :cool:

Rassah

Dangit, I'm just finishing up my 3D printed Glock build and seems I won't be able to test it due to lack of ammo too. Sounds like pretty soon I'll just have to resort to 3D printing a ton of guns and just throwing them instead.

Shane McNair

Ace Pilot
It's starting to get bad up here too!
I've got over 15k .22lr though, and I never stop buying when I see it.
Actually just scored two more box's of 525 Federal to replace the 400 I zapped downrange :cool:

I've got a fairly good stash myself, but I don't like digging into it unless I really, really need to for some reason. I like to keep my reserve ammo separate from my shooting ammo so I'm not depleting my stocks.

Shane McNair

Ace Pilot
I'm thinking that I might need to buy a 3D printer of my own some time soon. I'd like to be able to print AR lowers, but those don't seem to hold up very well and break after a few shots from what I've seen, unless someone has figured out way to make them stronger so they don't do that.

Ramjet

Seizing the memes of production
I've got a fairly good stash myself, but I don't like digging into it unless I really, really need to for some reason. I like to keep my reserve ammo separate from my shooting ammo so I'm not depleting my stocks.

Oh I hear yeah, that's why I make sure I can replace what I do shoot before I go out, hence why I haven't shot my 9mm for a while.
Got tons of it too, but I can't replace it right now.

Last edited:

Rassah

I'm thinking that I might need to buy a 3D printer of my own some time soon. I'd like to be able to print AR lowers, but those don't seem to hold up very well and break after a few shots from what I've seen, unless someone has figured out way to make them stronger so they don't do that.
The one I have (U-bolt model) has held up to over 1000 rounds. Don't know how long it holds up because it has yet to break. There are a few others I'm testing, but they all last a long time.

Jarren

You can't just quote yourself! -Me
The one I have (U-bolt model) has held up to over 1000 rounds. Don't know how long it holds up because it has yet to break. There are a few others I'm testing, but they all last a long time.
The print material also matters quite a bit too. A lot of the people who say "It's fragile" are using/thinking of the wrong print medium.

Telnac

Fundamentalist Heretic
D

Deleted member 134556

Wow, all of you have some pretty cool examples! I don't have much to offer other than the 10mm I have, but still, It's awesome seeing so many well armed furs here in the fandom.

Kellan Meig'h

Kilted Luthier
Went to the range with our Armalite/Colt 601 clones that are chambered in .22lr and blew through about a thousand rounds. Those rifles cease to amaze me. Not a single jam, fail to feed or stovepipe all day. The range d00d was amazed we were having a blast just ripping targets to shreds but ya know, it helps to keep familiar with the rifles you might use in a SHTF situation. I'm not convinced it will happen in what remains of my lifetime but it could for my daughters or grandchildren.

Finished the day with the Lynx 12 ga (new) and the Saiga 12 sporter. 1oz #6 over an undisclosed amount of Red Dot in a blue magic hull with cardboard wads. Se3veral rounds later, what targets? Still thinking about buying one more Lynx while the gummint says we can still buy them. I think the only drawback to them is the twenty round magazine is HEAVY once it's loaded. Makes the shotgun kinda awkward until it's half-empty.

Also contemplating another revolver, a BFR in .475 Linebaugh. I keep hearing these rumors of a 16" barreled 1894 pattern rifle in .475 Linebaugh. The pair would make a fine hunting duo.

jffry890

This is my coronavirus haul. Paid for by the government.

Got into black powder over the last year and it's fucking awesome. Do recommend. Bought the two shotguns like two weeks ago for clay shooting. Range near me has a thrower. Gonna invite the boys out next weekend for a grand ol' time.

20210409_182443.jpg

Netanye Dakabi

people call me queen
Banned
This is my coronavirus haul. Paid for by the government.

Got into black powder over the last year and it's fucking awesome. Do recommend. Bought the two shotguns like two weeks ago for clay shooting. Range near me has a thrower. Gonna invite the boys out next weekend for a grand ol' time.

View attachment 107082
aw gawd!

flintlocks are so damn sexy.

jffry890

aw gawd!

flintlocks are so damn sexy.
They're percussion, not flintlock. Note the hammer and nipple vs a flint and steel. I'm just not comfortable with a flash pan going off right next to my face. They're also rifled and not smoothbore. Might get some minnie balls for the rifle.

Fun fact: That muzzleloader pistol is my new home defense gun because if I get to kill a motherfucker with a .50 caliber slug from a fucking pirate(ish) gun, I'm gonna laugh my fucking ass off all the way to prison. The .357 I was using before is still there, by the way. That's the second line of defense.

Last edited:

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
I own a firearm but it's likely not fired anything in a few centuries

Jarren

I own a firearm but it's likely not fired anything in a few centuries
Old musket, I'm assuming? Did some work for a guy who had an old, Tower Armory brown Bess. It was in terrible condition, but was still a cool relic to see.

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
Old musket, I'm assuming? Did some work for a guy who had an old, Tower Armory brown Bess. It was in terrible condition, but was still a cool relic to see.
A navy pistol from the late 18th century, also in poor condition
1620399440458.png

Jarren

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
That thing is cool af. I'm getting some major Pirates of the Caribbean vibes. If only it could talk, it might have quite a story to tell.
Haha, who knows

Yakamaru

Summertime woofer