• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Jarren

You can't just quote yourself! -Me
Airsoft replicas is as close as I can get to a firearm. At least they're beautifully made.

IMG_20210610_111719.jpg

IMG_20210610_111740.jpg

IMG_20210610_111644.jpg

It even has bullet decorations... the p90 weighs almost 5 lbs. The pistol is full metal constructions so quite heavy too - about 2.5 lbs
Ngl, the airsoft P90 and the real thing probably have just about as much plastic as each other XD
Those do both look mighty nice.

I've got two friends named Smith and Wesson, and they always fight with me. M & P Shield. Not too absurdly powerful for a lady to handle, easily conceals in a purse, and will still get the job done as well as anything bigger if you aim center mass. This model EXACTLY:
1628819517781.png

davydonovan

Executor
I think they require a Destructive Device stamp because of their caliber and they're pretty impractical/expensive
Not that I'm aware of or at least not in my state. The Armalite AR50 is a .50 BMG and you can order API, SLAP, tracers, ect rounds through the mail.

davydonovan

Executor
I think they require a Destructive Device stamp because of their caliber and they're pretty impractical/expensive
I know that some firearms for example "The Street Wiper" require a Destructive Device stamp due to the NFA requirements.

Regret

Insert Witticism Here
Did anyone ever hold or own a Barrett M82/M107? Those seem pretty cool.

Sure, family member has one and I have fired some rounds downrange. Ultimately, I felt it was more of novelty than anything and I can't justify the annoyance of finding a good shooting spot along with price of feeding them to justify it. I just don't find 50 and up caliber rifles to be that fun to shoot, but if you want one for whatever reason, have at it.

Hi-FiWolf95

Metal Misanthrope
Sure, family member has one and I have fired some rounds downrange. Ultimately, I felt it was more of novelty than anything and I can't justify the annoyance of finding a good shooting spot along with price of feeding them to justify it. I just don't find 50 and up caliber rifles to be that fun to shoot, but if you want one for whatever reason, have at it.
I think it's neat, and yes def the novelty thing. I love how the look of how the barrel retracts when it's fired.

Parabellum3

I'm not a furry if I have feathers.
My dad owns a bunch guns. The most prominent one is the Saiga in 7.62x39. Though when I get my own place I'm looking forward to getting a .308 Desert Tech MDR. In my opinion, the .223 is starting to become obsolete as possible attackers could have body armor nowadays. While the bullet doesn't have to penetrate, it just needs to have enough energy to cause trauma from the shock released on impact.

O.D.D.

Back from the dead apparently
Uh 5.56x45 will blow right through anything but plates. Your average Kevlar vest will be hard-pressed to stop them.

Parabellum3

Uh 5.56x45 will blow right through anything but plates. Your average Kevlar vest will be hard-pressed to stop them.
The plates, that's what I'm concerned about, and it's the main reason why the Army is switching back to full-power cartridges. Plus I may be based but I find battle rifles cool.

O.D.D.

The plates, that's what I'm concerned about, and it's the main reason why the Army is switching back to full-power cartridges. Plus I may be based but I find battle rifles cool.
They're cool until you have to carry one and enough ammo to keep it fed.

O.D.D.

Unless you're referring to older models, with advances in materials technology they can be carried rather comfortably.
If you've found a way to make a standard complement of 7.62x51 weigh as little as a standard complement of 5.56x45 the MIC would love to have you aboard I'm sure, never mind keeping recoil on 7.62 as low as that of 5.56, that's some straight up magic right there

also decrease the weight of the gun and you'll make that 7.62 HARDER to handle, not easier

Parabellum3

If you've found a way to make a standard complement of 7.62x51 weigh as little as a standard complement of 5.56x45 the MIC would love to have you aboard I'm sure, never mind keeping recoil on 7.62 as low as that of 5.56, that's some straight up magic right there

also decrease the weight of the gun and you'll make that 7.62 HARDER to handle, not easier
There's this: https://www.tvammo.com/

Kellan Meig'h

Kilted Luthier
I've fired some True Velocity .50 BMG in my McMillan TAC50 A-1, the older style one that looks more like a hunting rifle. That ammo is utter crap. Poor feeding from my box magazines, all four of them, rim ripped off more than a few rounds on extraction. Even had the audacity to leave behind the neck of one round in the chamber, forcing a one hour fight to get it out of the rifle. Accuracy was probably the worst of any factory-loaded ammo that has ever been through my rifle. I was not impressed, especially after dealing with trying to get the ammo, then spending over $220 USD(!) for just forty rounds. I can usually get Lake City 660gr FMJ for just a bit over $3 per round. I'll probably pull the bullets on the remaining TVA stuff and dump the powder, since I have no idea what they use to load with. Dump the empties in a bucket of motor oil to kill the primers, then pitch the casings.

O.D.D.

I've fired some True Velocity .50 BMG in my McMillan TAC50 A-1, the older style one that looks more like a hunting rifle. That ammo is utter crap. Poor feeding from my box magazines, all four of them, rim ripped off more than a few rounds on extraction. Even had the audacity to leave behind the neck of one round in the chamber, forcing a one hour fight to get it out of the rifle. Accuracy was probably the worst of any factory-loaded ammo that has ever been through my rifle. I was not impressed, especially after dealing with trying to get the ammo, then spending over $220 USD(!) for just forty rounds. I can usually get Lake City 660gr FMJ for just a bit over $3 per round. I'll probably pull the bullets on the remaining TVA stuff and dump the powder, since I have no idea what they use to load with. Dump the empties in a bucket of motor oil to kill the primers, then pitch the casings.
there's a number of damned good reasons most ammo still uses brass casings, and a 30 percent weight savings that trades away a number of the benefits of brass at a cost premium is a bad deal

a lot of people don't realize one of the biggest reasons caseless will never take off in the military is not just because caseless is expensive, unproven tech - caseless ammo firing weapons have SERIOUS issues with heat, the brass carries a lot of heat away from the chamber as it's ejected

armorers would tell you to pound sand and likely resign if you tried ramming through a caseless-using rifle as an infantry weapon via administrative fiat