• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

WildKitFox

WildKitFox
Hey all!

This is the first chapter of a story I've been working on for a while. It's working title is Firedancer. I'm trying to get any all feedback I can so that my improve my skills as a writer, and to maybe gauge interest in the story. This is still far from the final version, and I'm hoping that by posting it here, I can slowly shape it into a more final form than the rough draft it is now!

Background

This story is set the great trade city of Aarus in the land of Miltos. Miltos is a desert of red sand and rock, and filled with rugged labyrinthine slot canyons and large expanses of open country. Before the city of Aarus was established, tribes of nomads would help guide trade caravans across the desert, and began to grow wealthy from such enterprises. Aarus was originally founded as a midway outpost along the most navigable stretch through the canyon country, called the Miltos Corridor. The Miltos Corridor was the only real land trade route in the region connecting the two halves of the known world. The prosperity to be gained in controlling the region led to a series of conflicts known as the Pack Wars, fought between an alliance of different desert dwelling wolves, hyena's, and lion prides from a kingdom to the east. It ended in a Hyena victory, and the leading packs established an actual city where the Aarus outpost stood, using a combination of their trade wealth and slave labor to carve an artificial oasis into the desert canyon. Water is collected using a series of clay aqueducts and rain catching reservoirs and natural lakes from much farther north in the mountains.

All manner of goods pass through the gates of Aarus, but the city is sustained largely on the trade of slaves of all kinds, including gladiators, who fight in the great Amphitheater of Aarus, house slaves and stewards who care for many of the wealthier citizens day to day affairs, workers who help carve and construct the various structures in the city, and of course the pleasure slaves that serve in the cities brothels.

The story primarily follows a slave owned by the cities largest brothel. As this story deals with themes like prostitution and slavery in an "ancient world" setting, it has themes of violence, sex, abuse, etc., and should be approached with caution.

If you stuck through that bit of background and take a read, I hope you will enjoy and comment any feedback you think may help me grow as a writer! Thanks for taking a look!

Link to the work:

https://www.furaffinity.net/view/35159415/