• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

First Balaclava Head

Scorpen

Literal S.O.B
Never made a head based on a balaclava before. This is my first attempt. to do it this way. Any and all opinions (good or bad) are welcome. I really wanna do this right. Let me have it!
Character ref sheet www.furaffinity.net: Refsheet commission: Shef by Corgiboi

0224181336.jpg 0224181335b.jpg 0224181335c.jpg

Skakuna

Got tea?
Looks good to me, although I think ears are a bit too close to eachother... And maybe eyes could have been put further away as well, but I guess now you can see a lot thought them?

Scorpen

Literal S.O.B
Looks good to me, although I think ears are a bit too close to each other... And maybe eyes could have been put further away as well, but I guess now you can see a lot thought them?
Thanks for the feedback! I tweaked the ears as best as I could. And yeah, I can see pretty darn well through the eyes surprisingly.

This is my current progress. The hair is just a test pattern pinned on. and will be replaced once I actually figure out how to make it look like I want.
0316180210b.jpg 0316180210d.jpg

Skakuna

Got tea?
For a first fursuit head it looks darn good after furring :D you shaved the fur or already had different pieces of it with different length of the hair?

Scorpen

Literal S.O.B
For a first fursuit head it looks darn good after furring :D you shaved the fur or already had different pieces of it with different length of the hair?
Thanks for the feedback! This isn't the first head I've done, this is the first one I've done using a balaclava base instead of just foam. My previous attempts were cringe worthy to say the least...

I've furred and shaved the head already and am now trying to figure out the hairstyle for the top of the head. The current one is just a piece of scrap that I kinda tried to make work. It's not final and I'm still trying to figure out how to make it look better but it's where I'm at, at the moment.