• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

First Digitigrade Bodysuit

Winterflame

Dutch Angel Dragon
I have decided I am going to make my first digitigrade bodysuit. I am looking for a template to do this, for when I cut the fur out. I am going to be using a DTD, if necessary. I was also wondering how many yards I will need to make a fullbody fursuit. The fursuit will have two colors. Also I would love suggestions on where to get my supplies!! Thanks!!

Keefur

aka Cutter Cat
Google "pattern for digitigrade fursuit" and look through that... images as well. I saw several examples of different padding patterns. There is a thread in the forums for suppliers. It's been a while since I've ordered fur. I got mine several years ago at "I'm Stuffed Fur". I recommend using upholstery thread. It's almost impossible to break. As far as how many yards of fur you need, it varies widely on how big the person is, especially the body. Normally, it takes three to five yards for an average fursuit,, but digitigrad, I would think, would add a yard or so to that.

Keefur

aka Cutter Cat
Thank you!!
No problem. I've built suits before. I have been thinking about getting back into it. If there is anything I can do to help, let me know. There are no stupid questions. If you want, you can PM me.

Winterflame

Dutch Angel Dragon
No problem. I've built suits before. I have been thinking about getting back into it. If there is anything I can do to help, let me know. There are no stupid questions. If you want, you can PM me.
OK! Thanks!