• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

First exposure to furry?

K

Kiburi

Well this just got interesting...

Attachments

• lenny.jpg
    lenny.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 61

Maximus B. Panda

The Red Menace
What was the first time you were exposed to something furry that you liked? Whether it be tv, games, movies, etc.
Not sure if it counts, but Spyro got me into the concept of anthropomorphic creatures.

My first exposure to the actual fandom was seeing a picture of Lucario getting banged, guy on guy (I was 12 at the time I saw that!) Yeah, that sure left an impression......

BayouBaby

Hoarder of Art Supplies and Books
I was in middle school in 2004 and I discovered Christy Grandjean art. (Goldenwolf) Then Jaime Sidor, Synnabar, Khoyt, Dark Natasha, etc. I started to teach myself to draw like that because I had ALWAYS felt an affinity for being an animal/like an animal so drawing anthropomorphic creatures was exactly what I needed. I discovered the furry fandom later on in life and had that grand "AHA!" moment when I realized what I was. :p

BayouBaby

Hoarder of Art Supplies and Books
Not sure if it counts, but Spyro got me into the concept of anthropomorphic creatures.

My first exposure to the actual fandom was seeing a picture of Lucario getting banged, guy on guy (I was 12 at the time I saw that!) Yeah, that sure left an impression......
Crash Bandicoot, yo. Ripper roo was my man.

SodaBubbles

I will deliver the explosion
My first exposure to furry as afandom was probably in 2000. But furry/anthro stuff would have had to have been Disney movies and the like as a kid in the 80s.

Zipline

Noodle Fish
The first real furry thing i saw was on youtube in a recommended video to something completely unrelated. It was just a compilation of plain furry art. The first real life furry i saw was at my first anime convention, there was a group of them in suit, strutting around having fun. Was too shy to talk to them.

LabyrinthMaster

Maze Designer // DDR-ITG Player
My first encounter of furries was on YouTube. I don't know why, but YouTube felt the need to recommend a fursuit parade video.
I watched it at 4 in the morning and was really weirded out. Like I remember thinking "How does this exist? xD".
I didn't become a furry then, but only a year later when a friend named Lupi introduced me to the concept of anthropomorphism.

homie

the homiest of the homies
My mother had a co-worker who was a furry back in like 2007 or so. She came home complaining because she thought it was weird; I asked what a furry was and she explained her perception of them to me. (Not that bad either. She only said something along the lines of "she dresses up like an animal because she wants to be one") I bashed furries with her for a couple minutes all the while thinking "but that seems fun".

Now, nearly ten years later, I have been entirely consumed by the fandom and my mother is generally accepting of it.

Spatel

What was the first time you were exposed to something furry that you liked? Whether it be tv, games, movies, etc.

Believe it or not, my first exposure to the furry fandom was an "Awful link of the Day" on somethingawful. While the individuals on the site linked were fairly stupid and I didn't want to associate with them... in the back of my mind I admitted to myself I found the whole idea behind furries really compelling. It was the itch that never went away...

Iracuse

Accidentally running into transformation art when I was like 7. I hated furries for a while to try and fit in with the dipshit crowd on the internet before starting to come around to the idea, didn't really start to like furries until I was 14, when I realized the community is actually fairly decent. Most of the time.

TJwolf123

~Tricky Candy Pup~
Geez, I think I first found out about furries when I was just going through Google or YouTube. It's been a long time though, so it's vague. :p

TrishaCat

The Cat in the FAF
The very first "furry" thing I ever experienced and enjoyed? Wooh boy, we could go back to old cartoons from before I can even talk. I guess the farthest back that I can remember is The Lion King. Kinda cliche tbh lol.

The first time I was exposed to anything even remotely furry, was this cartoon that I saw back in Cuba when I was 6.
"Dartacan y Los Tres Mosqueperros" but in English it was titled "Dogtanian and the Three Muskehounds"
list_640px.jpg

I watched Pokemon and Digimon but..
Once I got to the U.S. was when I actually discovered furries and the community + art.
Prior to that, I just thought I was oddly obsessed with cartoons and that I wasn't growing up right.
OOPS.

Wither

Is honestly confused by life.
I thought long and hard on this (no I didn't) and I have realized that it was Pokemon.
I wanted to masturbate to a Sandshrew.

furrykid31o0

TrashyBiFox
A few years ago I saw some youtube video on Animanicas Minerva mink and saw in the comments "and that's where furries come from" so I looked it up. Bam that's how I found the fandom but I did become one until this year.

Elohiim_Koshiiri

Terradorable
I saw a kitty once

I looked at it in all it's furry glory and said "Kitty....what is your wisdom?"

and the kitty looked up at me and said

"Dude you gotta stop smoking so much weed man that shit's not healthy, I mean srsly dude your talking to a cat wtf"

and so I looked at kitty......and said "the game"

ChapterAquila92

Resident Bronze Dragon Kasrkin
Banned
Warhammer Fantasy's Lizardmen, about a decade ago. Several Google searches and a fascination for the biblical Leviathan later, I somehow managed to stumble onto TransFur and FurAffinity as a teenaged lurker.