• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

First Fursona Iteration

Sairn

Sairn the Majestic
I've got a working idea for my fursona, comments and/or suggestions would be appreciated!
This is just a start of my thinking over the last few days, and needed to write the idea out.

This fursona is a cat. (Specifically a Norwegian Forest Cat)

Smokey is his name, moderate sized, grew up in Norway with his sister Socs. (He is charcoal base with blacks and whites mixed throughout, while his sister has a mixed white/black base with tan and red patches throughout)

He is fiercely loyal, strong, but timid. He has a strong bond with his sister. He doesn't always show it, but he will always defend her when she needs it.

Smokey has some tendencies of being short-tempered and impulsive, but at the end of it will always admit when he has wronged any of his close companions.

MaelstromEyre

Slippery When Wet
As you go on, you can expand on your character's backstory, if you even want to have one.
I've had my 'sona for over ten years, and during that time I've added more details to her as I've come up with them. Not specifically for anyone else but myself.

For example, you could maybe explain why he is so protective and close with his sister - did something happen to their parents, did he make some kind of promise to them to look out for her? Is there something special about her that needs his protection? Are there specific things that are a regular threat to them?

Sairn

Sairn the Majestic
Just saw your response, I appreciate the feedback and suggestions.

I'll do some more work this weekend on it.

I'm open to any more suggestions as you or others will offer up. Thanks!

Q

Qiyu

About your description: Do you mean to say that physically he's strong, but he lacks courage? Strong but timid almost reads as an oxymoron. You could use it as a contrast to his loyalty, such as he might lack the mental fortitude to pursue his own, personal ambitions, but that if he's in a situation that requires he stands up for the people, or furs, he cares about, he finds the resolve in him to stand up for those he cares about?

Sairn

Sairn the Majestic
About your description: Do you mean to say that physically he's strong, but he lacks courage? Strong but timid almost reads as an oxymoron. You could use it as a contrast to his loyalty, such as he might lack the mental fortitude to pursue his own, personal ambitions, but that if he's in a situation that requires he stands up for the people, or furs, he cares about, he finds the resolve in him to stand up for those he cares about?

Yes. I did mean physically strong, but lacking in courage. I would liken it to a sort of naivety. I'll make sure to clarify that in future posts.

I think that's the direction I want to go, always helping others without regards to his own wants or needs. A little broad of an idea at the moment, but I'll be expanding on it in the coming weeks.

Thank you for the insights!