• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

First Fursuit design UNUSUAL SPECIES advice??

Axolotilus

Hey guys! I'm thinking about using this design to make my first suit. Soleil the Moth Dragon. I know the design is a bit unusual so I was wondering if anyone had any advice for possible pitfalls I might encounter with the design? I have never made a suit before but I have done sewing and crafting before including puppetry. However I'm not very familiar with working with foam.

I'm thinking about using this method to carve the foam so it is a more contiguous shape rather than making the muzzle/cheeks/brows separately.
Does that seem doable?

Any advice or feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Keefur

aka Cutter Cat
I wouldn't worry too much about having perfectly smooth foam. If you use a pair of scissors and make tiny cuts, they smooth out after you put on the fur. If you really want advice, I have made some posts in here somewhere on how I put a suit together. If you can't find them, I guess I can spend a half hour and retype them all up. lol