• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

FLV/mp4 files support!

dockyo

Derpy sergal thingy
I'm a 3D animator, or well... getting better anyway.
My page: Userpage of dockyo -- Fur Affinity [dot] net

Anyway. I want to share animations on FA, but with the recent death of 'Flash pro CS-series' its nearly impossible to post an animation without an online convertor, or third party site/software.

Now there's a few problems here:
*Online convertors are only a 50/50 chance it will work. (One it will either loose a portion of what its supposed to show, or lots of other problems such as sound and such~)
*Third party sites are annoying... The fact that you have to go on another site, just makes you feel defeated by the lack of support for files FA has, and it makes you wish you could upload a FLV file or MP4 formats.

If you dont know what FLV files are:
They are the new breed to 'SWF'... And is supposed to be better and more simple, from what I hear anyway.

Mp4 is the video format from the stone ages. What funny is Furry-Network supports Mp4... But its search engine is more... 'different'

Point is... I want to see FA support Flv & Mp4 files so I can upload animations without taking a chance with an online convertor and such!

I did ask Dragoneer about this concern and he agreed on the FLV part, but I didnt mention or think about actually video formats on FA at the time I asked.

So maybe there is hope for animators on FA? Not sure about the Mp4 part, but a man can dream

Also, I would like to see higher resolution sizes other than 1280x1280; idk I might be asking to much at this point. Have a great day! :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-05-17 at 2.53.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-17 at 2.53.45 PM.png
    34.4 KB · Views: 149

LoganGreypaw

Writes filthy words for filthy furs
You want to post videos and at sizes bigger that 1280? I mean, the site's people will have a better idea but I wouldn't be surprised if storage/bandwidth wasn't a problem.

dockyo

Derpy sergal thingy
You want to post videos and at sizes bigger that 1280? I mean, the site's people will have a better idea but I wouldn't be surprised if storage/bandwidth wasn't a problem.

That part was more of a joke request. I didn't really expect anyone to take it seriously. The thread is mostly about FA supporting video formats

Xychus

-squeak-
If you dont know what FLV files are:
They are the new breed to 'SWF'... And is supposed to be better and more simple, from what I hear anyway.

Mp4 is the video format from the stone ages. What funny is Furry-Network supports Mp4... But its search engine is more... 'different'

Bit more complicated than that. :)

SWF can hold vector art/animation/interactive stuff (as well as video in later versions) and was generally used for cartoon-style animations and interactive web-games. FLV and MP4 (and many others) are container formats supporting a variety of audio/video formats within them - in the last 5 years or so I think they've been the most popular ones on the web though, first FLV and now MP4 from what I've seen. I think MP4 can be played without Flash (using HTML5) so it's quite attractive these days as Flash has a lot of issues - being notorious for security holes probably being the main one.

Cawdabra

I think MP4 can be played without Flash (using HTML5) so it's quite attractive these days as Flash has a lot of issues - being notorious for security holes probably being the main one.
Not to mention it's being discontinued in 2020.