• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Foam issue, please help!

Day Coydog

Cute, Pink Eyesore
So my mom, bless her heart tried helping my with getting materials for my fursit. Deciding to take matters into her own hands, she goes off on her own (im guessing not even daring to use the internet for a subject she knows nothing about) and buys me 57 by 78in (145 by 198cm) of foam, problem is that it is 1/4in (5/8cm) thick. The tutorials that i have seen have used around 4 times that thickness for heads and full blocks for feet paws. My question is can i use this foam for any part of my suit, if yes, which part, if no, could i at least use it as trianing or padding for hand paws?

Day Coydog

Cute, Pink Eyesore
I'm not sure if its good or not, when I get back home I could see if the brand name is on it.

Dokid

Well if it is the green or white foam that you see many places and not fun foam you can just stack it. It'll be a bit more work but you'll get the same results and possibly even better because it'll be easier to cut.

Teal

Squirrel
Well if it is the green or white foam that you see many places and not fun foam you can just stack it. It'll be a bit more work but you'll get the same results and possibly even better because it'll be easier to cut.
But it will be heavier because you have to use more glue.

Dokid

But it will be heavier because you have to use more glue.

Hot glue is very light..Or you go and get the sticky spray which leaves no hard marks.

I don't know how much glue you use but I barely put any on and it holds together very well.

RitsukaAo

*side-eyes*
I actually found that I have to use more glue with thicker foam so thin foam will be pretty light as long as you're not crazy when it comes to hot glue.

Day Coydog

Cute, Pink Eyesore
thanks guys, very much, but I decided to tell my mom and she says she can return the thin stuff (which was the white stuff) for some thicker stuff because that gives me way less chances to screw up, which I know I will, but if you guys could tell me around what thickness it needs to be that would be amazing.