• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

For any 3d artists out there: What program do you use?

Which program(s) do you use?

• Blender

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Autodesk Maya

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Cinema 4D

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3ds Max

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Zbrush

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Autodesk Mudbox

• Other

• Total voters

Foxxpaw

I've been working with Autodesk Maya as of late. I've used Blender before, but that was a long time ago and I couldn't quite figure it out at the time. I've also got access to Mudbox as well, but I just can't seem to get the hang of it. I haven't gotten around to any organic modeling yet as it's just way too difficult for me right now :( Hoping to remedy that in the near future though!

How about everyone else?

Foxxpaw

I use maya for basic modeling and zbrush for detailing/texturing. Trying to learn advanced rigging.
Ah rigging...such a hassle sometimes. I've been struggling just to model my characters...I'm almost terrified to see what'll happen when it comes to rigging...

Faustus

I use LightWave. It's not a big name like the ones on the list but, when I bought my copy at least, it weighed in at a fraction of the cost and (unlike any of its competitors) was capable of soft-body physics and fur rendering straight out of the box without having to purchase expensive plug-ins.

-F

ryadurus

I have been using blender for about 6 years. I have tried maya and I just think its absolutely terrible why its an industry standard I have no idea.

Kokoro

As a game developer I use Blender, but I make it a point to use an exported 3DS Max skeleton so my characters are fully compatible. Blender has come a long way in usability, and I see no reason to use any other program over it, except maybe regarding format compatibility. Never tried it for rendering, but I'd imagine it can do most of what other programs can.

Gishiki

I use Zbrush and Maya. Zbrush for base mesh(High Poly) and texturing. Maya for retopology and rendering.

Teckolf

Drank ALL the Coffee!!!
I am not a 3d artist, more of a CAD guy. I primarily use SolidWorks but I have used blender and gimp to do some, non-structural, design work in the past.