• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Formerly Known As...

TyraWadman

The Silent Observer
Not sure how easy/complicated this would be to do, but kinda like steam, I'd appreciate a thing that we can click/hover over on profiles that shows previous usernames.

If there's already an option for that then whoops, I've completely missed it...

Can't keep up with all these darned kids changing their names and icons so often!

quoting_mungo

I don’t think it’s a feature Xenforo has, but I 100% support this suggestion. Second best would be changing around the name change thread slightly, so that staff responses are “your username has been changed from OldUsername to NewUsername.” Presumably allowing username changes wasn’t for the purpose of letting people interact as though they’re a completely new user, so I don’t think that’s a change that would violate user privacy in any way.

Scrydan

Staff Dragon
I don’t think it’s a feature Xenforo has, but I 100% support this suggestion.
Actually fun fact, the most recent version (this) does support it.

It does need some configuring to enable. I was planning to take a look at a couple of things after some discussion as even name changes are supported through the system instead of through the old thread method of requesting.

quoting_mungo

Actually fun fact, the most recent version (this) does support it.

It does need some configuring to enable. I was planning to take a look at a couple of things after some discussion as even name changes are supported through the system instead of through the old thread method of requesting.
Good to know! It was definitely a best guess on my part, and not intended to be more than that.

VeeStars

uh I can explain?
I have seen something similar to this for a very long time on another XenForo forum, where if you recently changed your username, it would show "used to be X or something around that on your profile. All though I don't know how it works and they seem to have a more streamlined name change system. Just an idea.

The forum is Pokecharms.