• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Forum Bugs, Quirks & Themes

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
The forums went live as of 00:01 April 26th. There is still a small amount of tweaking which needs to be done to the forums for graphics, smilies and emoticons.

We are working on these right now, and they will be resolved and fixed up by this weekend.

In the mean time, if you encounter any oddities please do not hesitate to let us know.

I am currently working on two new forum themes called "Light Meat" and "Nuka Cola". "Light Meat" will follow a similar theme to Fur Affinity's Light template, being powder blue/white. "Nuka Cola" will be a light coffee/tan brown that's both easy on the eyes and on the palette.

The new themes will be made available by mid-May.

Rilvor

Formal when angry
I've been looking around, and despite having "Show signatures" enabled in my options, no one's posts have signatures so you may want to look into that.

Also, I've been looking around but unable to find it, where do you edit user title at?

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
I've been looking around, and despite having "Show signatures" enabled in my options, no one's posts have signatures so you may want to look into that.

Also, I've been looking around but unable to find it, where do you edit user title at?
Signatures could not be imported. If you need to pull information from the old forums you can access them here:
http://forums.furaffinity.net/mybb/

They're in read only mode, though.

Rilvor

Formal when angry
Not exactly what I meant, I think. When I look at people's posts, such as yours for instance, there is no signature, nor is there one on my posts.

Perhaps you have to reset your signature? I noticed my old sig from the old forums is still in the profile information, perhaps that was what you were trying to say?

Grimfang

Nothing horrible I've noticed so far, but upon browsing the Attachments section in my CP, it says I've uploaded several attachments, which I hadn't. Somehow, I'm totally against attaching things to the forum.

Just thought I'd let you know.. I don't these few random bits from various threads to vanish, but it's irking me that these attachments have fallen into my CP somehow >_>

net-cat

Infernal Kitty
Things I've noticed so far:

"Mark This Forum Read" in Forum Tools doesn't seem to work...

If we're not going to have the Hybrid/Threaded mode, set "Quick Reply" to "Yes, Click Not Required" in "Message Posting and Editing Options" in the Admin CP.

(Cool. We have the ability to soft-delete now.)

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
http://forums.furaffinity.net/member.php?u=788

パタ& is what I see as a username. ...I'm just going to assume this isn't right?

Second on the click not required quick reply also.
http://forums.furaffinity.net/mybb/member.php?action=profile&uid=1573

I got worried the database had corrupted somehow, locked the forums to do further testing. Traced this guy back to the original forums and, well, what do you know... his name was like that in the old forums.

I renamed him to a much more legible name. He was the only member with a name like that.

:eek:

M. LeRenard

Is not French
Funny thing... at first I couldn't sign in to my account. After resetting my password, though, everything's fine. Also, while my password wasn't working, I didn't see any avatars.
Might just be my case, but I thought you'd want to know.

Ceceil Felias

Never have I seen fail so huge
One small thing that seems to be overlooked: The custom profile fields for the members' respective FA userpages. I'm sure that'll be dealt with in due time and perhaps in a different way, though?

J

jayhusky

I'm not sure if this happens to everyone but I seem to be missing a few emoticons.

They are:

thumbs down
wink
red face
talking
smile
cool
question
thumbs up

The image I get is the alt text and a little red cross.

codewolf

RBW Con Staff
had the whole having to reset my password thingy going on.
also cant see where the moderator report messages thing is, either i'm being blind or it dont work o_O

Last edited:

Bokracroc

Bokra, come out to pla-ay
Why are the icons (Quote button, MSN/ICQ/AIM icons) so large?

Bokracroc

Also, can you turn off that side bar? It's annoying to crap out of me.

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
One small thing that seems to be overlooked: The custom profile fields for the members' respective FA userpages. I'm sure that'll be dealt with in due time and perhaps in a different way, though?
Correct. The custom "My FA" field will be added in a few days. The forums are 95% polished. :)

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
I'm not sure if this happens to everyone but I seem to be missing a few emoticons.
Fixed. :) Sorry about that. I was up really, really, REALLY late last night trying to fix a ton of other things and I passed out (5:00am!) before I was able to fix everything.

Bokracroc

Ok, the side bar is on the left now.
How do you tell it to piss off?

Grimfang

I've been having issues with quoting that no one else has mentioned yet, it seems.

But, say I decide to quote post #19 in this thread. I'll only have Dragoneer's writing, but the quote within his entry will be omitted.

Any ideas? I'm still looking around my CP and such, because I may have done something weird.. anyone else experiencing this?

I also can't multi-quote, and I can't find whichever other forum problems thread where I mentioned that, heheh..

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
I've been having issues with quoting that no one else has mentioned yet, it seems. But, say I decide to quote post #19 in this thread. I'll only have Dragoneer's writing, but the quote within his entry will be omitted.

Any ideas? I'm still looking around my CP and such, because I may have done something weird.. anyone else experiencing this?.
For that, no... does it happen every time? To every post?

valkura

Shank a Hobo
Last I checked, not including the subquote is often considered a feature... it eliminates massive and annoying quote pyramids.

Also, I hate the sidebar too. :p At least one of the new themes needs to do away with it.

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
Well, I see my multiple quote option again. So that's not a problem.

But I'm still unable to quote a post with the quotes included :\
Hrmm. Try to clear your cookies/cache and see if that fixes it? We may have edited the forums at some point, and your browser is holding onto some data it shouldn't be?