• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Important: Forum Dark Theme! Feedback & Usage

Foxy Emy

*Mischivious Noises*
Testing stuff!

Spoil Spoil

HTML:
<HEAD>Text</HEAD>
Not so spoiler now!

Foxy Emy

*Mischivious Noises*
Testing stuff!

Spoil Spoil

HTML:
<HEAD>Text</HEAD>
Not so spoiler now!

I can hardly seen inline spoilers.

Also, if you are having trouble finding certain colors in the forum, try entering some stuff in the
Rich (BB code):
[C O D E=language]

Blocks

Foxy Emy

*Mischivious Noises*

Heading 1!​

Heading 2!​

Heading 3!​

1. List
  2. Ordered
  • List
  • Unordered

cowboi

DM me your favorite dinosaur
Dunno if I'm late to the party @luffy but the dark theme really looks awesome! Definitely easier on my poor, blue-light-overdosed eyes.
Also it's not dark mode but the new profiles with the banners are cool too!

luffy

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like the caps is a part of the styling of the nav bar, if it's something I can edit I will. I'll update you guys once I take a look.

cowboi

Minerva_Minx

Succumbing to her own psychosis
Dark is a cosiderable improvement on my tablet. It also seems to run smoother

Did notice that it's a little harder to make out hyperlinks. I wouldn't worry on that as it is a minor inconvenience

luffy

Administrator
Staff member
Dark is a cosiderable improvement on my tablet. It also seems to run smoother

Did notice that it's a little harder to make out hyperlinks. I wouldn't worry on that as it is a minor inconvenience
regular hyperlinks or colored ones?

Minerva_Minx

Succumbing to her own psychosis
Colored, but n/m, there's a simplistic workaround with the text coloring feature I hadn't noticed.

So far so good, much nicer on the eyes and I appreciate it was brought on here since it's a bit of an essential for a bigger forum like this one.

cowboi

One thing I feel could help when browsing the lists of threads to see difference between new threads/posts and old you read would be if the entire line/rectangle would have a different shade of gray instead of only bolding the text for new threads, easier to tell the difference that way instantly, also stickies could have a slightly brighter shade of gray.

However that aside I noticed a user posting here:

And their username stretches into the text field/post. Might be worth looking into.

Also noticed now when making the post that links have the same color as regular text, maybe something to look into as well.

Chomby

Monsters are hot. :)
I noticed that with dark mode, links look the same as regular text, so I can't tell they're links. There is no underline either.

Screenshot_20201118-021900_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20201118-021914_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: yak

ass

Bruh
Hi, everyone!

I recently had a generic dark theme installed onto the forum, and I spent some hours customizing it today to make it similar to the "Slate" layout on the main site.

I've just enabled it for regular members so that you can both a) start using it, and b) help me find things I missed. There are some colors that I did not change in the ACP, but I've scoured the forums and can't find where they may be.

Please keep an eye out for stray colors and report them in a reply to this thread. I would also like some feedback on the current colors; if there are buttons, links, or other text or areas that are hard to see or hurt your eyes, please post here and I will do a cross-monitor check to see if they can't find a better middle ground. Note that we will not be changing the general theme and color scheme of the template, but will be improving on things like contrast for quality of life.

Also note: when I *do* get to changing some of the colors, I turn them bright red so they stick out and I can tell what I'm changing (the things aren't labeled in the ACP D:<). If you see bright red, don't worry, it's getting changed.

To change your theme, go here: https://forums.furaffinity.net/account/preferences

Thanks!
Thanks for this

Chomby

This theme needs two fixes.

The main one is this:

Screenshot_20210526-112049_Chrome.jpg

The words "SproutMole", "LemondeLavende", and "traumatizm" are all links but it's impossible to tell. This is the case with all links with this theme. I believe I asked if this could be fixed months back but it never was.

Another issue which I recently noticed:

Screenshot_20210526-112028_Chrome.jpg

See my avatar? The picture goes outside the circle.

If you could fix these (especially the first issue) that would be rad. I really do like this theme but I don't use it much because of these problems.

Chomby

I noticed that with dark mode, links look the same as regular text, so I can't tell they're links. There is no underline either.

View attachment 94157
View attachment 94158

This theme needs two fixes.

The main one is this:

View attachment 111275

The words "SproutMole", "LemondeLavende", and "traumatizm" are all links but it's impossible to tell. This is the case with all links with this theme. I believe I asked if this could be fixed months back but it never was.

Another issue which I recently noticed:

View attachment 111276

See my avatar? The picture goes outside the circle.

If you could fix these (especially the first issue) that would be rad. I really do like this theme but I don't use it much because of these problems.

Okay it's been 9 months now and it hasn't been fixed. I guess this isn't top priority for the admins. I can't imagine it'd be too hard but I won't bother asking anymore.