• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Bug/Site Problem: Forum thread creation error

Ryu Deacon

Director of Furry Statistics
Im having a issue with creating a thread on the "art sales and auctions" forum but it wont post. i click the create thread button and it loads for a moment but nothing happens then same with clicking on preview, nothing happens after loading.

J

jayhusky

"Art sales and Auction" threads are moderated by the staff members of this forum, so it is likely you thread has been created but is pending approval from a staff member. Try waiting 24-48 hours and see if it appears after that.

The reason behind this is to stop fraudulent submissions to that forum.

I'm not sure if you have seen it, but Post #1 of this thread, contains all the information you will need: forums.furaffinity.net: START HERE: The quick and easy guide to Art Sales and Auctions Threads!

Ryu Deacon

Im aware of that, ive posted there before and when i do i would get taken to another page notifying me basically that my thread has been created and is pending approval by a moderator.

But i got no notification this time, like i said i click on the create thread button, it loads for a moment but nothing happens, i remain on the create a thread page.

Also it would seem i would have to make a new account to create a different thread there as the server seems to keep what ive writen bookmarked on the server, didnt do that before.

J

jayhusky

Interesting, have you tried a different browser?
Perhaps something in your current browser is causing an issue?

Ryu Deacon

i have, in fact i tried using my mobile device after trying with the laptop, same happens. thats why i think its server side, not user side.

And before you ask, laptop and mobile device do not use the same internet connection, so thats not the issue.

J

jayhusky

Hmm, then yes it does point to a server side issue.
Unfortunately we'll have to wait until a staff member see's this thread for any action to be taken, there are two staffers on quite regularly, so it shouldn't be too long.

Ryu Deacon

well looks like il have to add conversations to this too sence they will not work ether it seems.

It will take my responses to something that already exists but it wont create anything, this thread here more then likly was just chance that it actually went thru.

This is what it looks like, as you can see it loads by the presence of those floating icons i circled in but after moments it releases the create thread button to be clicked yet again rather then going another page to confirm that the thread was created and is pending.
Il will need a admin to contact me, as i cannot with starting conversations not working.

J

jayhusky

That's interesting, from the screenshot and your description, it sounds almost if your account is getting caught in a filter somehow when it attempts to post.
I'm guessing that you're account has fallen into the weird bug of "Reply restrictions" although for some reason it doesn't seem to be firing the error message at you.

I'll tag @quoting_mungo in here, as I'm fast running out of ideas behind the issue, and they may be able to see if there is anything happening to your account.

Ryu Deacon

Well i finaly got the thread posted but it required the creation of a empty thread and then a good dozen edits afterwords to work, the source of the problem looks to have been the links. Doasnt explain why conversations dont work thru as i wasnt adding image links in that case.

Probly why this thread was posible becaiuse i didnt include links in the initial post.