• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Found a wolf spider

ArtGirl205

Also a big fan of the Joker
20210603_113620-0.jpg

ArtGirl205

Also a big fan of the Joker
That's a big spider!
I'm quite happy to capture/release arachnids I find indoors, IF they don't surprise me (then, they die, 'cause I *SMACK* faster'n lightening when stuff lands on/jumps-out at me).
Not a spider fan, but I know how valuable they are in the natural order of things.
It was only a small one actually
I zoomed in with a camera app to take the photo

Hound-of-chulainn

Spiders are good friends, My apartment used to have a lot of cellar spiders, but then I adopted a cat and she hunted most of them down. Unfortunately that meant that the bugs they were hunting started coming out too. Shame she didn't hunt those bugs. :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 144185

I find it interesting that the spider's eyes blend in with its color pattern. (Well, that would be an advantage from an evolutionary stand point.)

Fcomega121

Friendly Maned Wolf + Phoenix
images - 2021-06-06T174251.448.jpeg

Another cool fact about wolf spiders is their eyes reflect at night if you shine a light at them.
Wooow really?
They have a tappetum lucidum too? :0

Amazing!!!

Baalf

Will accept free hugs and tummy rubs.
I found a pretty scary one at a gas station about a week ago. Is it all right if I post a picture? This could be the spider thread.

Fcomega121

Friendly Maned Wolf + Phoenix
I found a pretty scary one at a gas station about a week ago. Is it all right if I post a picture? This could be the spider thread.
Off course!!
I'd love to see a spider/arachnids appreciation thread! :3

I love and fearspect them

Baalf

20210526_123959.jpg

Its seemed like the people around me respected spiders too. I told one passerby not to stop on him, but it didn't feel like he had any intentions. I forgot what he said what kind of spider it was.

Baalf

Yours is scarier.